black feminism/womanism thread

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
Sorry. 40 years and no real numbers thrown up and we're supposed to let them drag us further into the desert? Nope. They should have been checked a long time ago to be honest. I believe in equality, and because of it, I'm not gonna take it light just because you have a pair of t*ts. But that's the difference between me believing in equality of bm & bw and them. If they believed in it too, they wouldn't be feminists, they'd be egalitarian-there's a reason those words aren't synonymous.

Equality dictates that I'm to be as harsh and critical of them fukking up no different then black men. If they can't stand tall and be held accountable for their fukk ups then that shows you what they're on and why they should never be taken serious. Leaders get the blame, leaders get the acclaim...that's how it works.

Let's consider what the span of 40 (nearly 2 generations by contemporary standards) means. China went from shyt to a leader on the world stage in roughly 40 years. Did it take NOI, BPP, or UNIA 40 years to put up numbers? No it didn't. So why am I to judge them any different than those movements? Because they're women?

Overall I don't trust them. How does a movement exist and yet the black community has never been more fukked? Or is that their purpose to begin with (you can't have a new order without first destroying the existing order)?

Historically, those that advocated for their people usually met an unfortunate end....like death, imprisonment or exile. My million dollar question is what makes a white supremacist, male patriarchal order so comfortable with black (matriarchy) feminists? We've seen the fate of King, X (I believe), Hampton, Newton, A/M.Shakur, Sankara and Lumumba (threw the last two in so you see its a worldwide what happens if you try to uplift black people).

Why after 40 some years is the black community damn near at it's worst yet they're the strongest they've ever been? Why have they never been attacked like all the other movements? How is that possible if they're working (as they claim) for the best interests of the black community? They should have at least 1 person in jail, assassinated or living on the run....yet none of that. Why aren't they viewed as a threat? Because it's a joke or they're in collusion?

Either way, sounds suspect as shyt to me.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Sorry. 40 years and no real numbers thrown up and we're supposed to let them drag us further into the desert? Nope. They should have been checked a long time ago to be honest. I believe in equality, and because of it, I'm not gonna take it light just because you have a pair of t*ts. But that's the difference between me believing in equality of bm & bw and them. If they believed in it too, they wouldn't be feminists, they'd be egalitarian-there's a reason those words aren't synonymous.

Equality dictates that I'm to be as harsh and critical of them fukking up no different then black men. If they can't stand tall and be held accountable for their fukk ups then that shows you what they're on and why they should never be taken serious. Leaders get the blame, leaders get the acclaim...that's how it works.

Let's consider what the span of 40 (nearly 2 generations by contemporary standards) means. China went from shyt to a leader on the world stage in roughly 40 years. Did it take NOI, BPP, or UNIA 40 years to put up numbers? No it didn't. So why am I to judge them any different than those movements? Because they're women?

Overall I don't trust them. How does a movement exist and yet the black community has never been more fukked? Or is that their purpose to begin with (you can't have a new order without first destroying the existing order)?

Historically, those that advocated for their people usually met an unfortunate end....like death, imprisonment or exile. My million dollar question is what makes a white supremacist, male patriarchal order so comfortable with black (matriarchy) feminists? We've seen the fate of King, X (I believe), Hampton, Newton, A/M.Shakur, Sankara and Lumumba (threw the last two in so you see its a worldwide what happens if you try to uplift black people).

Why after 40 some years is the black community damn near at it's worst yet they're the strongest they've ever been? Why have they never been attacked like all the other movements? How is that possible if they're working (as they claim) for the best interests of the black community? They should have at least 1 person in jail, assassinated or living on the run....yet none of that. Why aren't they viewed as a threat? Because it's a joke or they're in collusion?

Either way, sounds suspect as shyt to me.
breh black feminism goes back to the time of slavery and Sojourner Truth (that's not the start, only an early example that i cite). Thats just like saying the civil rights movement started with the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Its been out here, word to Zora Neale Hurston.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
Thanks for the tag @J-Nice ....

I always viewed Black feminism or womanism as an appeal for recognition and rights from a system designed to make you less than. I don't view it as an attack on patriarchy or Black manhood.

But Black women not wanting to be treated like dirt is = white supremacy on the Coli.... Go figure

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I just think it's hilarious that black males want to emulate the societal structure of a group of people they regard as inherently evil. Your "masculinity" is challenged daily, so of course you have to get your power some kind of way.

Onlooker

Rookie
Daps
I just think it's hilarious that black males want to emulate the societal structure of a group of people they regard as inherently evil. Your "masculinity" is challenged daily, so of course you have to get your power some kind of way.

It's a scary thing when the lines between BM and WM blur yet BM expect BW to support them unconditionally despite this relationship often being one sided.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
once again, this is not just white people; this is every other group besides black americans. so, no, i dont want to try something different. i want to use to same method that's working for everyone else.
[/QUOTE]

So far can't disagree with anything you have posted since I've joined. Black folk want some way of doing things where everyone is a winner, where everything is fair, equal, etc...
and that's just not how the world has ever been.

Black folk don't really want to play the game

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It's a scary thing when the lines between BM and WM blur yet BM expect BW to support them unconditionally despite this relationship often being one sided.
The truth of the matter is that black males are just pissed that they cannot rule in the way that they want. If given the opportunity they'd jump ship if they could. Which is why as women we need to promote the betterment of one another at any cost, and shed light on our issues. No one else will, and modern womanism has done a great job of that.

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Shut the fukk up all you do is down black men,
Yet we are suppose to love and support women like you

Onlooker

Rookie
Daps
The truth of the matter is that black males are just pissed that they cannot rule in the way that they want. If given the opportunity they'd jump ship if they could. Which as why as women we need to promote the betterment of one another at any cost, and shed light on our issues. No one else will, and modern womanism has done a great job of that.

True. It's sad and infuriating. Instead of using that anger to challenge patriarchal white supremacy they take their frustration out on BW because, as much as they complain about him, BM envy WM and what want he has. These types of BM don't care about doing right. They only care about doing what benefits them (often at another's expense). Not only that but many BM are cowards and simple. It's easier to blame and fight BW since we have less power in a patriarchal society. In the end, BW get left behind.

I love my brothers but they need come to their senses :francis:

I really want to experience that sisterhood though :blessed: Us coming together and supporting each other :blessed::blessed::blessed:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
True. It's sad and infuriating. Instead of using that anger to challenge patriarchal white supremacy they take their frustration out on BW because, as much as they complain about him, BM envy WM and what want he has. These types of BM don't care about doing right. They only care about doing what benefits them (often at anothers expense). Not only that but many BM are cowards and simple. It's easier to blame and fight BW since we have less power in a patriarchal society. In the end, BW get left behind.

I love my brothers but they need come to their senses :francis:

I really want to experience that sisterhood though :blessed: Us coming together and supporting each other :blessed::blessed::blessed:
Yes, we need to come together as women, and help these baby girls know their worth, so that the next generation of black women can be even better. Through education we can boost our babies' collective self-esteem and stimulate their minds, so that they can make better choices. Black women really need to stick together. We are all we really have. I love that today's womanism is almost relentless in that pursuit.