“Black and Latina women who never marry are the least wealthy in the US” 😭💔

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
Black men talking a lot of shyt ITT for no reason, we down in the gutter too :gucci:

blogimage_genderwealthgap_fig2_032624.png

there's a lot more at play here than just "white women feminism being adopted by black women"... especially since Latina women are there too
Do you think if more blk men were marriage minded, this would help our situation? And when I say marriage minded I also mean marrying wisely—not some thot that a simp is trynna save

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The 3 biggest things hurting the black community overall and it will never change sadly

1. Lack of marriage.. something got into black folks starting in the 80s till present, where it’s all about self

2. Children out of wedlock.. that right there is going to kill your pockets and not only that it’s going to put a strain on the kids mindset when he or she in school and look around and they noticed some other kids having both parents attending events or parent teacher conference meetings

3. Black people don’t leave life insurance policies, even if it’s $25,000…. U are able to pay for these streaming services and iPhone bills each month, put something down for your children

On the first point, its the CRACK ERA that made a lot of black people go all out on materialism and superficial paradigms become the norm. A lot of us were tainted by,drugs and fast money, and its the total opposite of BUILDING.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They also lose out because White women on average seek marriage by age 23..they go to college to snare husbands, not to become independent corporate women..
The men are too. Also college is expected for white families whereas it is more of an accomplishment for us so our goals will typically be different.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
The men are too. Also college is expected for white families whereas it is more of an accomplishment for us so our goals will typically be different.

No it's not.

From 2012 to 2022, the percentage of adults age 25 and older with a bachelor’s degree or more increased from 34.5% to 41.8% for the non-Hispanic White population

Most white people don't have a degree. Higher education is not a "part of their culture"

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Hilarious reading the commentary on the thread all forms of excuses and explanations, that i dont need no man nonsense has its effects on earning potential and upward progress in terms of getting financial stability
For blacks and latino WOMEN... But for every other race of women... And all other races and genders of humans, they do just fine

Which should tell everyone this racism but y'all too blinded to see that

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No it's not.

Most white people don't have a degree. Higher education is not a "part of their culture"
In general, it's expected or isn't thought much about as it is for black families in America.
White people also are likely to have opportunities to make a lot of money without a college degree

With white people being the majority of the population the raw numbers of that 41.8 percent is a lot of people.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Clear path to economic success staring people in the face and they don't take it. Two people making $35k a year each combining their income can greatly increase their credit and buy a home in multiple states in the US. But folks would rather have babies out of wedlock and live on the internet.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
On the first point, its the CRACK ERA that made a lot of black people go all out on materialism and superficial paradigms become the norm. A lot of us were tainted by,drugs and fast money, and its the total opposite of BUILDING.

If not all black people became tainted, would you say that was a personal choice?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Clear path to economic success staring people in the face and they don't take it. Two people making $35k a year each combining their income can greatly increase their credit and buy a home in multiple states in the US. But folks would rather have babies out of wedlock and live on the internet.

They don't want to take that clear path?

Reap what you sow.
tenor.gif

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Most Black people and Latinos, especially among the younger generation, millennials born during the mid-'90s ('93-'95), and Gen Z don't see the value or importance of marriage from not just an economic perspective but from a love aspect.

Most rather just date and be in long-term “committed” relationships without the actual commitment (marriage, ring, papers/vows, etc).

It's not just women, it's both men and women for different reasons and motivations. To be married there has to be a level of love and trust between both parties. A lot of the younger people in the gens I mentioned don't believe love exists anymore and trust has been broken too many times for their hearts to bear so many would rather pursue these “committed” relationships I'm speaking about.
I'm '93 and this is essentially me. Of course I'd want something long-term and loving at some point, but the risk/failure rate isn't good enough to put it on legal paper.
Think part of this comes from people focusing solely on folks that make their happy parts go wild.

Just watching some of the Netflix dating shows, most of the contestants were born in the 90s and all seem to be stuck on this idea of "spark" which is really just lust. They try to make it sound more elevated than it is....but spark always equates to someone whose bones you wanna jump instantly. They never feel spark for someone where their attraction is middle/50-50....they only feel it for people that most would consider very attractive.

The longer you're out there dating, the more set in your ways you'll become. Folks basically wanna live their single life and then add a significant other the way a breh adds a watch to his wrist.
I'm not "out here dating" but this is also where I'm at. I need to build my life and the woman has to fit when she arrives and for the alloted time our needs/desires/values align... because eventually they won't.