“Black and Latina women who never marry are the least wealthy in the US” 😭💔

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Building wealth through marriage is great but when yall hype it up yall always leave out the over %50 percent divorce rate that leaves some men fukked up worse than they were before the marriage..all these 30 yr mortgages people taking out as newly weds or 5 years in of marriage.. rates saying over %50 percent of them won’t make it to that 30 yr mortgage maturity date…
Divorce is always a possibility. You can also get into a car wreck if you drive. But you still drive right? We gotta stop with the fear mongering. It's like a club in the old days where the men are on one side of the wall and the women are on the other and nobody wants to get out there and dance because of fear of what "could" happen.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Tbh.

My goal is to get married but to marry well so that divorce (hopefully) isn't on the table.

I'm vetting as hard as possible while continuing to build my wealth.

I know I'm blessed and I realize the position I'm in, so I'm tryna make sure I don't play myself or go out sad.

As far as assets and protecting myself, I've already consulted with a firm that specializes in that.

So I'll be setting up the Irrevocable Trust and LLC which should protect my "before marriage" assets, I'm also issuing a prenuptial
agreement prior to marriage.

IF shorty doesn't like it, she can pound sand :pachaha:

:edit:

And if you're a young black person (MAN OR WOMAN), do not give anybody the time of the fukking day if they got kids
outside of wedlock and before establishing themselves.

Don't entertain none of their excuses.

I'm at the point that all of my dating app filters are set to "No Children, must have bachelor's degree or greater"
and if my homies or family try to introduce me to anyone single, I'm laughing her out the room if she comes with kids and isn't a
divorcee or widow.
Salute breh! I've definitely upped the standards as I've gotten older and my wealth and foundation has solidified. I do want to try the marriage route again too. It's just so many more options when you have 2 incomes in the home instead of 1. But the woman has to be solid with goals that align with me. Can't do the beautiful bums anymore. Just got tired of the "I'm in a bind" stories lol

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Probably b/c so many are single mothers. If these women just stop having babies they'd be straight.
Facts! It's crazy that people still are fighting this. There has been years of evidence that shows that having kids out of wedlock puts you in a hole financially. It's even worse when they have more than 1

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
The 3 biggest things hurting the black community overall and it will never change sadly

1. Lack of marriage.. something got into black folks starting in the 80s till present, where it’s all about self

2. Children out of wedlock.. that right there is going to kill your pockets and not only that it’s going to put a strain on the kids mindset when he or she in school and look around and they noticed some other kids having both parents attending events or parent teacher conference meetings

3. Black people don’t leave life insurance policies, even if it’s $25,000…. U are able to pay for these streaming services and iPhone bills each month, put something down for your children

Daps
Most Black people and Latinos, especially among the younger generation, millennials born during the mid-'90s ('93-'95), and Gen Z don't see the value or importance of marriage from not just an economic perspective but from a love aspect.

Most rather just date and be in long-term “committed” relationships without the actual commitment (marriage, ring, papers/vows, etc).

It's not just women, it's both men and women for different reasons and motivations. To be married there has to be a level of love and trust between both parties. A lot of the younger people in the gens I mentioned don't believe love exists anymore and trust has been broken too many times for their hearts to bear so many would rather pursue these “committed” relationships I'm speaking about.
Think part of this comes from people focusing solely on folks that make their happy parts go wild.

Just watching some of the Netflix dating shows, most of the contestants were born in the 90s and all seem to be stuck on this idea of "spark" which is really just lust. They try to make it sound more elevated than it is....but spark always equates to someone whose bones you wanna jump instantly. They never feel spark for someone where their attraction is middle/50-50....they only feel it for people that most would consider very attractive.

The longer you're out there dating, the more set in your ways you'll become. Folks basically wanna live their single life and then add a significant other the way a breh adds a watch to his wrist.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
The 3 biggest things hurting the black community overall and it will never change sadly

1. Lack of marriage.. something got into black folks starting in the 80s till present, where it’s all about self

2. Children out of wedlock.. that right there is going to kill your pockets and not only that it’s going to put a strain on the kids mindset when he or she in school and look around and they noticed some other kids having both parents attending events or parent teacher conference meetings

3. Black people don’t leave life insurance policies, even if it’s $25,000…. U are able to pay for these streaming services and iPhone bills each month, put something down for your children
It's not just the lack of marriage but the fact that a lot of black folk don't seem to understand how to choose a mate. This goes both ways, for men and women. We have had thread after thread after thread where people talk about what they should look for in a mate and values is barely mentioned each time. Instead, it's just get someone with a high-paying job or a degree. Those are nice but that is not the most important thing out there. You get someone with a high paying job that squanders his or her money on bullshyt, you're going to get divorced soon, especially if you're more into investing. People don't get that and then when after the divorce, the guy becomes a bitter GMB breh (as opposed to a normal one), and the woman becomes an even more annoying version of Eboni K. Williams with less money and fame. The shyt is a mess. I'm not even going to go into people who pick thugs and gold-diggers.

All too often the black community shows that too many are very prone to picking poorly.

That said, a lot of these issues are tied to white racism and the conditions it has created in black communities but we never acknowledge that. Even more so with issues regarding black women than most (unless black men can be blamed for it - just look at this board and you'll understand). We are at a point where we actively ignore the role white racism has played in shyt because all too often it is regarded as an excuse or as a victim mentality when it is just recognizing what is causing the problem since that recognition tells you how to fix the problem or work around it to some sort of solution. The lack of the latter is why I don't see many issues in the black community ever actually being fixed.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I want to get married,

Im an attractive dude
I have a million in the bank
No debt
6ft
Make 80k a year
I’m 160 pounds and chiseled
I got a big…
In my early 30s

And women still look the other way… at this point it is what it is, I have the gladiator mindset so I say let the best man win. :yeshrug:At this point ik it ain’t me.

You got enough money to go get a clinical sociologist to help you with your issues.

We did not need to know none of this.

Your clinical sociologist is supposed to hear all this.

This is why you not lothario.

Art Barr

lib123

All Star
Daps
Those types ended up marrying their high school or college GFs and most likely divorced after the 6-7 year mark now paying child support/alimony. All that Steph and Grant Hill stuff you see is not reality it's an illusion.

Can't underestimate the square dudes that got hit with a 99mph fastball after marriage and either passport brehs or on here making lame threads bashing black women.

I’m referring to the mostly non-religious square dudes. Most of them don’t get married in their 20s at least in major cities.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Tbh.
While I feel the systemic aspects of what's going on are fukked up.
(Racism is a huge reason why so many are behind) another reason many are
fukked up is because they made terrible ass decisions.

Some people really need to understand the ramifications of their actions.

I know several people who came from working class/middle class families that just fukked
everything royally by not applying themselves and/or dating/marrying horribly.
At that point, it's not because you're stuck in the lowest rung of society and cannot ever hope to
escape, it's because you fukked yourself through your actions or quite literally fukked yourself to poverty
(by popping out too many mouths that you can barely feed!)

I gotta cousin who got into the NFL and fukked off the opportunity AND got a gold digger pregnant who promptly ran off once his contract was up in smoke. Breh has been struggling since.

I gotta family friend who had two kids for a dude who moves suitcases at the airport, who had no real career in mind while popping out them kids and she didn't even think about what it meant financially.
Literally told everyone "I thought y'all was gon' help me", whole life was fukked after the first kid
and now it's DEFINITELY messed up after the second.

I have my own flesh and blood in a younger sibling who I gave the ultimate fukking lay up with a $70k/yr job with big GROWTH opportunities and breh chucked it clean into the trash.

And I've already talked about most recent Ex on here several fukking times.
Two goddamn kids and a low paying career with no plans of ever being self critical enough to change her situation.

So yeah, sometimes I find it hard to have sympathy for a certain type of person because even if you do, there's a high chance you're about to find out why you shouldn't. :yeshrug:

How many years did your cousin play in the NFL?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Alot of women see relationships instead of careers as the path to wealth. So no surprise they would be broke if they're single.
Meanwhile woman from other cultures still have inheritances and stuff to fall back on if they have that mentality,
plus a rich fam is more likely to get them in circles with rich bachelors to make that dream a reality.
And apparently so do men based on responses here...

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
I want to get married,

Im an attractive dude
I have a million in the bank
No debt
6ft
Make 80k a year
I’m 160 pounds and chiseled
I got a big…
In my early 30s

And women still look the other way… at this point it is what it is, I have the gladiator mindset so I say let the best man win. :yeshrug:At this point ik it ain’t me.
You a frail nikka. Add about 25 pounds of muscle and a beard and eat.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
This ain't about "black women" to me. Single people across demographics are probably less wealthy than their married counterparts. Given the economic situation for black people in general it's probably wise for most of us to get married. And I'm talking about true partnership, not that provider bullshyt single women talk about. It's an incredible cheat code and safety net to have two steady incomes instead of one

Problem with marriage of course is divorce caused by toxic influences and shyt like that but if you're lucky enough to find somebody who is reasonable and not influenced by whatever podcast episode is viral that week maybe yall can make it work