“Black and Latina women who never marry are the least wealthy in the US” 😭💔

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Most Black people and Latinos, especially among the younger generation, millennials born during the mid-'90s ('93-'95), and Gen Z don't see the value or importance of marriage from not just an economic perspective but from a love aspect.

Most rather just date and be in long-term “committed” relationships without the actual commitment (marriage, ring, papers/vows, etc).

It's not just women, it's both men and women for different reasons and motivations. To be married there has to be a level of love and trust between both parties. A lot of the younger people in the gens I mentioned don't believe love exists anymore and trust has been broken too many times for their hearts to bear so many would rather pursue these “committed” relationships I'm speaking about.

Your posts makes a lot of sense, but has black marriage ever been high? Looking at previous generations, was black single mothers just as high?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many years did your cousin play in the NFL?

:sadcam:
Only two years.
:sadcam:

He was one of the ones who was supposed to "make it out" but it's like he got the opportunity and just
started doing the dumbest shyt possible.

Not going to pracice.
Getting injuries.
fukking with a bum who came with kids while he was young, single and being handed the most
amazing opportunity of a lifetime.
There's A LOT more to the story but yeah, I still :snoop: to this day.

In retrospect, knowing who he is, it makes sense but at the time ? I thought it was the craziest, dumbest shyt I've ever seen
in my life.

Veteran
Daps
This is very obvious. The solution is to marry, but that ship sailed long ago. I feel bad for Black women, but this is the result of decades of Black feminism indoctrinating them from girlhood to be adversarial to Black boys and men.

Do you think it's just feminism and nothing else that gave reason why marriage is very low in the black community.

Daps
The black men ain't ish, I don't need a man ish was all a ploy and the ploy worked. :sas2:

no other community thinks this is a way to success, nuclear families are the only way. We just gotta fall for the okie doke all the time.

:skip:

This is The Coli

GMB

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But they won't, which baffles my mind. Besides going to prison, it's the most destructive thing you can do financially yet it remains a cultural staple of the community. A lot of people just think government benefits make it worthwhile but Texas, the south, Florida...you're not getting much of anything there. And that's where most black babies are being born.
I think the problem is it's culturally ingrained in some women to think that a man is not necessary
and that there is some kind of nobility in doing it all on your own. Like it's a badge of honor or some shyt.

I gotta coworker in a lower paying role than mines who's a single mother and one of her goals was to
do everything "without a man".
- Home ownership.
- Rearing a child.
- Growing wealthy.
And she's basically failing at every single thing.

Imagine signing up to make every aspect of your life twice as fukking hard out of some bizarre form of pride. :pachaha:

Some people cannot be saved from themselves and will intentionally do the most (financially) fukked up thing to themselves
possible.

She also confided in me, that she went into debt to get her son a Ps5 while barely being able to cover her monthly
expenses. Some shyt is just :snoop:

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women should avoid men until they can tell who is real and who is fake. But we literally promote the opposite and encourage romantic relationships with very young and inexperienced people.

We speak in ideals and not reality just like the poster I quoted before you.

You can't in one breath tell women they should be looking for potential and then be mad when the men they date have nothing. Most will stop trying after they fukk so telling women to date down is literally a death spiral.

We aren't speaking in ideals though.
I feel posts like these infantilize young women and make them sound as if they can't make decent/smart decisions early on.

There are young women finding their life partner at 22 and heavily vetting them based on career & earning potential while
also considering their own careers and the impact that an early child would have on their career.

No one is saying "Date someone who has nothing going for themselves" because the guy who sweeps aisles at walmart and the guy
who is getting a 4.0 while pursuing an accounting degree are likely on very, VERY different life trajectories and it does not take a crystal
ball to see that.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Why are these women single? Are they too picky, or were they abused in previous relationships and decided its not worth it to try again?

People will use this info to reaffirm whatever they already believe. There are certainly a lot of women with unrealistic expectations out there, but if you look at most couples who have been together for 10+ years, the husband isn't a 6pack,6'2,6 figure with 6 week vacation and 6 bedroom house type guy that is being pushed on women as the "right" guy for them. And the woman isn't looking like young Kelly Rowland with Martha Stewart domestic skills.

They're regular people who meet one another through friends, family members or while engaged in a mutually beneficial group like a members only club. This shyt about your jawline, height and "decoding" women and men is just online content designed to drive engagement and make money. There is a financial incentive to inflate the exceptional so it seems normal.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the common belief is low standards initially. High standards after childbirth.

And now a man (or woman) has to deal with someone who essentially ruined the first 3rd or half of their life.

Some turn it around and achieve amazing things but most people who start families very early, finish last.

Some will say it shouldn't be like that but it is, what it is.

Veteran
Daps
I think the problem is it's culturally ingrained in some women to think that a man is not necessary
and there there is some kind nobility in doing it all on your own. Like it's a badge of honor or some shyt.

I gotta coworker in a lower paying role than mines who's a single mother and one of her goals was to
- Home ownership.
- Rearing a child.
- Growing wealthy.

Imagine signing up to make every aspect of your life twice as fukking hard out of some bizarre form of pride. :pachaha:

Some people cannot be saved from themselves and will intentionally do the most (financially) fukked up thing to themselves
possible.

She also confided in me, that she went into debt to get her son a Ps5 while barely being able to cover her monthly

Man I don't believe this. Ain't shyt ingrained. Women will always want kids and marriage, they want to be hugged up with a man. They just choose the scumbags.

If you don't think thats true then you must be quasimodo gang.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Why are these women single? Are they too picky, or were they abused in previous relationships and decided its not worth it to try again?

People will use this info to reaffirm whatever they already believe. There are certainly a lot of women with unrealistic expectations out there, but if you look at most couples who have been together for 10+ years, the husband isn't a 6pack,6'2,6 figure with 6 week vacation and 6 bedroom house type guy that is being pushed on women as the "right" guy for them. And the woman isn't looking like young Kelly Rowland with Martha Stewart domestic skills.

They're regular people who meet one another through friends, family members or while engaged in a mutually beneficial group like a members only club. This shyt about your jawline, height and "decoding" women and men is just online content designed to drive engagement and make money. There is a financial incentive to inflate the exceptional so it seems normal.

any woman that is single is by choice

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
and there there is some kind nobility in doing it all on your own. Like it's a badge of honor or some shyt.

- Home ownership.
- Rearing a child.
- Growing wealthy.

possible.

All of this. Men, while not the ideal circumstance, are equipped to do this by laws of nature. Women are not but have been cultivated to believe that they are.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
All of this. Men, while not the ideal circumstance, are equipped to do this by laws of nature. Women are not but have been cultivated to believe that they are.
I'm not sure about that. We talk as if it's the old times when people had to go out and do back-breaking labor to hold a job. In 2024, there's no reason to believe women aren't equipped to provide for themselves when most jobs are in air-conditioned offices.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'm not sure about that. We talk as if it's the old times when people had to go out and do back-breaking labor to hold a job. In 2024, there's no reason to believe women aren't equipped to provide for themselves when most jobs are in air-conditioned offices.
Well this data and their personal anecdotes and stories beg to differ.

Equipped isn't exclusively about the physical.