Black American FedEx driver on being told that there are certain towns (sundown) that she can't deliver to in 2024.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Ehh, looks like more Midwest, the wannabe confederate states like Illinois, Indiana & Ohio. They got some of the most alien looking cacs in those backwoods probably more than anywhere else.
I don’t know how accurate that map is though, because I was checking out a few cited & towns by me in Jersey that they have labeled under “possible/proable” and I disagree. There may be a side of town that’s :mjpls: but absolutely not a sundown town.

Yeahhh reading about the "sundowns" and looking at Tybee Island, I automatically knew the jawn was somewhat cap with "Could be, possible"

Like :why: "IS IT SUNDOWN OR NOT?"

I lived in C Port, and Tybee is far from sundown. It may have some :mjpls: , but them geechees not going to let that shyt fly :camby:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:lupe:Whats the policies of this here couch? I want to rock the vote fruther than a dikktator felon and a Reanimator version of Jimmy Carter without bibical scriptures to back up his MO.

IDK but i know this.... i wont have to worry about much except relaxing on that day...:mjlol:

let us not derail the thread...:mjgrin:

Daps
Just wear tactical gear and carry an assault rifle.

Don't be stealthy.

They shoot? Duck the initial volley and then kill them. Leave the packages on the corpse and call the ALCU, Benjamin Crump and start a gofundme.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ain't no #bothsides about it.

The people who will kill a Black person for being in their town are Republicans.

The pure uncut essence of Republican.
YOU MEAN WHITE SUPREMACY....:comeon:

Last time I checked i dont see no DOJ or feds running undercover ops to stop these towns from existing and arresting folks do we???:comeon: it's 2024 and black people still getting lynched in these places... you think it's about political affiliation you dumb muthafukka?!!?:what:

Daps
I though Black people were told if you don't vote America is going to become more racist.

There are sundown towns all over and every state, and it does not matter if the state is a Blue state or Red State.
nah, i’m in massachusetts, living here all my life. i can’t think of a single sundown town in this state. sure, there’s racism, but there isn’t a single town in this state that a black person who’s lived here for any extended period would be afraid of visiting.

:yeshrug:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah, i’m in massachusetts, living here all my life. i can’t think of a single sundown town in this state. sure, there’s racism, but there isn’t a single town in this state that a black person who’s lived here for any extended period would be afraid of visiting.

:yeshrug:
:sas1:
Email 1/2008

I grew up in Manchester (born 1977). I remember hearing growing up that the town had only one registered black voter, an old lobsterman known as Capt Dusty. He also ran a bait & lobster shop on the waterfront. As I heard it, he came to town as a servant for an old rich lady who used to live out past where I grew up.

You might also want to add Jews to the excluded list. Manchester’s dominant population was wealthy Episcopalians from Boston, a population notorious for its anti-Semitism in previous years. There were also remarkably few Jews in town — the only Jewish family I can remember lived a couple of houses over, and the father was the founder of SAIL and Inc magazines.

We received an email warning that any black people found in Manchester after dark could be beaten and dropped the woods.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This annoys me cause I know exactly the areas she is talking about. And I have seen places with ridiculously affordable homes in the outlying areas but the kinda people in them spots would not welcome my black ass. Plan A: get money and live where that kinda shyt isn't my primary concern.
But I was told racism only existed in the south :ohhh:
You have to be here to see it, but Midwest is literally the middle. You can go from "Oh, hi there" to "What you doin' round here?" in an hour's drive.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Had a few service calls in Forsyth County early in my career. Boss said “be careful up there, try to be done before dark” and gave me that look. I saw all those lil red figurines with the painted black face n hands, rebel flags etc. Yes they exist and the people look at u wild hateful.
Crazy bc they live like animals with no home training
I almost moved down there but saw how white it was.
:mjlol:
Macon has areas of town called plantation. Reminds me of Jacksonville area.
:mjpls:
My Wife is trying to go to Mercer.

Daps
nah. i actually live here. black people in massachusetts are built different. there is no town or city in this state that we would ever be afraid of stepping foot in.

and, if cacs ever dared to try something like lynching a breh who ventured into their town, shyt would turn up in seconds.

trust me. they know not to test us.

:francis:

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
YOU MEAN WHITE SUPREMACY....:comeon:

Last time I checked i dont see no DOJ or feds running undercover ops to stop these towns from existing and arresting folks do we???:comeon: it's 2024 and black people still getting lynched in these places... you think it's about political affiliation you dumb muthafukka?!!?:what:
I think what he's saying is that if it came down to it, the White person who'd possibly be more likely to kill or physically harm a Black person may be the one whose beliefs align with sentiments such as racism, conservatism, fascism, pro-law and order, pro-gun/2nd amendment, maga, Trump-supporting, far right Media/Fox News-watching, etc, etc type of person.

Those are the types of people who are more likely to be the demographics of these sundown towns.

It doesn't mean that a white person who's a Democrat/liberal isn't racist or isn't capable to kill or harm a Black person but if you had to put your money on the odds, it'd be the aforementioned type of person.

Although I get your point too, that racism and White supremacy are one thing altogether, and politics isn't so important to a racist thirsting to kill or harm a Black person.

Last edited: