“Blacc women DID want the nerds in high school, the nerds didn’t want us !!”

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This is really what it boils down to. To acknowledge the truth, that they are ugly to average looking and have personality issues on top of that is too much for a lot of ppl.

I will say that men seem to be more realistic in this regard. They're more likely to have an idea of where they sit in this hierarchy of attractiveness and charisma. They understand that money and status is usually how they can make up for the absence of those things most of the time. Most women would balk at being told to work on being as fit as possible to makeup for an ugly ass face or being nicer.
/thread again

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
A lot of y’all are full of shyt and a lot of women are full of shyt. Most dudes let’s be honest are going for any woman who gets at them. We seek ways to qualify a woman. The girls that supposedly liked the nerds didn’t approach the boys they “liked”. You’ll find out that the majority of the time the girls didn’t voice any type of attraction towards the guys.

I know everyone has heard that bs I used to have a crush on you in HS bs from a female…If they had such a crush why didn’t they hit you with a love note or have one of their friends let you know? But you heard that same female doing that for the more popular situation.

Yeah, there's an implicit assumption here that women approach men with the same frequency as men approach women...and that doesn't add up.

People being afraid of embarrassment more than failure is another potent ingredient in the mix. That gets overlooked. A lot. :francis:

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
Wouldn’t be surprised if social media led to the rise of people reliving high school.

Before it was reunions and other than that you wouldn’t think about HS, now since you can see the same classmates that bullied or was cool with you it can bring back memories more often

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
This is really what it boils down to. To acknowledge the truth, that they are ugly to average looking and have personality issues on top of that is too much for a lot of ppl.

I will say that men seem to be more realistic in this regard. They're more likely to have an idea of where they sit in this hierarchy of attractiveness and charisma. They understand that money and status is usually how they can make up for the absence of those things most of the time. Most women would balk at being told to work on being as fit as possible to makeup for an ugly ass face or being nicer.

Men have no choice but to know “their place”

Unless you are handsome, slanging crack rock or got a wicked jump shot, life has probably been putting you in your place from age 0 to 31. At that point it’s on you to level up or use that computer science degree to get your pockets right.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also again,90% of "corny" /"nerdy" black men are only considered that because they're BLACK. Black women (and men) have the super thugged out dope dealer that flipped that into a business image in their mind of what a "masculine" man is. Anything less than that is "corny". If Russell Wilson, MBJ, Donald Glover, Johnathan Majors, etc were white they wouldn't be considered "corny" they would just be "regular" people.

It’s sad. I noticed this too. So many white guys fit this description but in their community, they’re just normal guys. The fact we’re talking about MBJ being a nerd in high a school is sad. If he was white, he’d be one of the cool kids. Teenage actor. In multiple shows. Tall. Athletic. Somewhat handsome. He’d be dating some girl named Kelly. White nerds were REAL nerds, like somebody that looked like Urkel’s friends with retainers, bifocals and suspenders. Black people consider anyone that’s slightly different a lame.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A video isn’t proof, I don’t know when you graduated but in high school that was very true. The nerdy guys wanted the pretty popular girls not their equals.

How many black nerds did yall have in school though:patrice:? And I doubt yall really know who they wanted to smash like that lol.

Problem with what these women are saying is ,what the hell is wrong with a man wanting Beyonce at any age:mindblown:(pre hellhound era Beyonce)?Theres nothing risky, problematic or life altering about "a Beyonce".

On that same note,a girl wanting a guy with "edge" or was a thug in highschool. Really is pretty harmless as well. Other than it obviously hurts the nerds feelings apparently. But most highschool "thugs" dont go on to be career criminals. They go on to work in grocery stores,call centers and warehouses like the majority of the women who went to the school. And the majority of people in life.

Its when you start making these choices as adults when there are consequences that it becomes a problem.

Also another problem with this debate,is if you wasnt Urkel or Donald Glover. Thecoli and twitter throws you in the thug category. When most hood dudes are on the Fresh Prince spectrum of having an edge. And most dudes like that dont have a problem getting girls:mjlol: