Bitter Black Men: redefining manhood (long read)

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I'm fine with helping others if I can but, personally, I've always preferred to deal with my shyt on my own without people trying to pry my head open. I see no benefit in me being vulnerable around people, including loved ones. That's just me.

I see it as going either 2 ways:

People are going to listen without listening then go on about their business with their own issues to deal with. That's "fair"

OR​

My bullshyt affecting someone else to the point where it's burdening them and stressing them out worrying. That's unfair to them

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
To be honest my pops never really taught us how to handle our emotion. They only thing hebdrilled in our minds is that as men we have to show very little emotion and toughen up because the world despises the black man. I believe he is right. I am a man i cannot be an emotional bytch infront of my women or friends. The world is cold and ruthless. So i have pent up alot of stuff to the point i am almost cold and callous. Alot of my exes complain i never open up. I just flat out refuse to do that cuz that shyt is weak.

expressing emotion isn't "being an emotional bytch". Pent up emotions will only lead to abusive behaviors like gambling, alcohol, drugs or violence.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I've never seen a bitter post about black men by @CinnaSlim . You should read the op before commenting
I havent either, BUT she DID say she loves asian men, so for any bw who wants to put her love and emotion to another group of males who prob dont think she exist but still wanna talk about bm as if we are still her brothers and better halves is a farce. :francis:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
I don't think black men are emotionless. I just think we have to look at the emotions we express. Often times its anger, and rage as oppose to sadness. This, I think, is why you have black males killing other black males. Its out of anger. Black men are actually very emotional. Fatherless black males tend to be super emotional, and impulsive. We have to remember that anger is an emotion too. And that anger, combined with the environment that a lot of black males grow up in, is what leads to all this violence. Thats what I mean when I say that a lot of us are emotionally stunted--we only have a few (sometimes destructive) ways of expressing our emotions.

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I havent either, BUT she DID say she loves asian men, so for any bw who wants to put her love and emotion to another group of males who prob dont think she exist but still wanna talk about bm as if we are still her brothers and better halves is a farce. :francis:

most coli brehs dont mess exclusively with black women.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
most coli brehs dont mess exclusively with black women.
But they wont create threads like this thinking theres a emotional attachment to bw, and parade their pix around the forum thinking they hotshyt and wanting The black females love. And women think differently then men but i aint gonna go there.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I love nuyoricans too. My crushes in 1st grade and 10th grade were indian. Guess that makes me a bedwench. :manny:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I don't think black men are emotionless. I just think we have to look at the emotions we express. Often times its anger, and rage as oppose to sadness. This, I think, is why you have black males killing other black males. Its out of anger. Black men are actually very emotional. Fatherless black males tend to be super emotional, and impulsive. We have to remember that anger is an emotion too. And that anger, combined with the environment that a lot of black males grow up in, is what leads to all this violence. Thats what I mean when I say that a lot of us are emotionally stunted--we only have a few (sometimes destructive) ways of expressing our emotions.

this\

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
They should have let you let it out when you was a kid, parents should always let kids work through their emotions and help the kid understand why they feel the way they do, it builds character.

The danger is when you wait until you are an adult to let it, you pretty much have an emotional breakdown or nervous breakdown.

Last thing anyone needs is excuses or to place blame on slavery or white supremacy, you need answers not excuses.

Its almost like saying we are inferior, when this happens to anyone who has poor upbringing. You think those wild ass Italians from Jersey Shore are a picture of perfect mental health?
You lying to yourself or delusional if you don't think white supremacy and the system that build off it didnt brought about this mental illness and how we handle each other

look deep its all the same but different tactics used to break those community/family/ structure. It's by design