Bitter Black Men: redefining manhood (long read)

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Us men have to fix ourselves because we were raised wrong. Not necessarily the fault of our parents because they didn't know any better. But it's time for men to heal and become whole.

Myself, I have no problem crying and I'm mannish as hell. I used to be one of those permanent scowl on the face nikkas. Hadn't she'd tears in like 15 years, then it just hit me one day. Showing emotion isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human and having compassion.

When I read foul things in the news concerning children, I shed tears.

Actually...that's what it was...the birth of my daughter! She's three now and she know she can make me cry just by her crying. She'll ask me why I'm crying and I tell her because my baby is hurting.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Us men have to fix ourselves because we were raised wrong. Not necessarily the fault of our parents because they didn't know any better. But it's time for men to heal and become whole.

Myself, I have no problem crying and I'm mannish as hell. I used to be one of those permanent scowl on the face nikkas. Hadn't she'd tears in like 15 years, then it just hit me one day. Showing emotion isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of being human and having compassion.

When I read foul things in the news concerning children, I shed tears.

Actually...that's what it was...the birth of my daughter! She's three now and she know she can make me cry just by her crying. She'll ask me why I'm crying and I tell her because my baby is hurting.
Awww

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
I havent either, BUT she DID say she loves asian men, so for any bw who wants to put her love and emotion to another group of males who prob dont think she exist but still wanna talk about bm as if we are still her brothers and better halves is a farce. :francis:
:ohhh:Funny I said she prefers Asian men also after seeing how hard she was going in on an Asian men appreciation thread and she said she preferred black men :stopitslime:But do you have a link to her saying she loves asian men or just give some cliff notes :feedme::myman:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Interesting thread.

But there are some underlying assumptions that need to be tested.

For one, where did you get this idea that talking about your emotions cures your pain and helps you improve as a man? This idea has been popularized relatively recently by modern psychology (I'd venture a guess and say maybe post WW2?). Have we looked into how it came about, whether it has been critiqued etc??

It would be interesting to look into this a bit deeper. :yeshrug:

It's important to understand that there are many beliefs about reality, how to deal with our problems, how we view ourselves and the world around us, that we've passively adopted because they simply happen to be the most dominant in modern society. They basically all emanate from the same white supremacist source that we want to fight against.