Bitter Black Men: redefining manhood (long read)

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
One question everyone should ask themselves; when last have you seen a black man cry?

But why? When was the last time you seen an Indian man cry? We ain't women.

When your girl tells you a problem or rants, its not for you to solve it first but listen. issue > emotions > maybe solution.

When get a friend in on an issue we are looking for answers and solutions first, even the 'emotional' aspect is laying down philosophies on solutions. issue > solution.

Bitterness kicks in when that solution aint at hand and a man only has his feelings left, and makes it worse

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
My father raised me with nothing but tough loving, rarely any positive reinforcement..... It helped raise me into the great man I am today , but it also turned me into an emotionless person at times. I have struggled with that my whole life.

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
One question everyone should ask themselves; when last have you seen a black man cry?
My brother was at the end of his rope and was thinking about killing his self. He was a mess. I'm like bro... I'm here. You see me I am your blood and when you need someone to talk to day or night you can talk to me. You don't have to wait until you are about to pop your cork to talk to someone. We as a community have to stop telling our boys and men that they are punks and sissies if they show emotion. EMOTION IS NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS!!!! Emotion shows you are a human being. I wouldn't think any less of a man if he shared his feelings with me. I would respect him more because he trust me with his most inner thoughts. But part of the problem is too many of us are cold hearted and callous because we weren't allowed to be emotional....

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
trust is the main issue
True, trust is a huge issue. It goes back to fear.

We don't trust people because we fear that they may hurt us or do us wrong. We can't control how others act, only how we react.

One the other hand, taking risks and getting out of your comfort zone is how you grow. So you have to trust yourself to know which risks are worth taking and if thing go wrong, just learn from it. Easier said than done, obviously.

Soon

Banned
Daps
I used to sit on my dads lap and hug him when I was a child and comfort him and ask why. He would never let me. I think that's why I like emotional guys. That's probably a savior complex.

If you teach them about emotion when they are 8 years old, then they won't be so emotionally confused when they are 38 years old.

Most of the time boys cry because they are disappointed or frustrated. We can imagine if they don't learn what frustration is at 8 years, they pretty much won't know what it is at 38 years old.

Usually a lot of drama pops off because of disappointment or frustration. By then dudes are cold. And this is a dangerous mix, that's what keeps the murder rate so high and the night warm.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
IMO, Black American Males are emotionally stunted because of the society they live in. Theyre usually on the recieving end of some bullshyt that they could not control so the natural response is insensitivity.. Why give a fukk about your feelings if my dad is doing 30 on a mandatory minimum? The list goes on. This insensitivity leads to a disaffectiveness and cruelty which plagues segments of that community. It even plays out on The Coli. The Black men here are especially cruel to one another.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
To be a man is to always be the one to support others around you but when you need support nobody gives a fukk you supposed to work it out no matter what, the black community frown upon therapy, if your shyt aint together nobody is checking out for you or giving you a shot but when you get yourself back on your feet everyone is jocking for your attention so yes you become more aware, you're more careful with new people trying to come around you or those who werent checking for you when you were in a hole
Ebro did a segment on this exact thing. There's a video he did for it and there's a thread on it here.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Didnt read.
Bushes :camby:

If anything criticizing bw is automatically deleted or moved to the bushes, then the same thing should happen to all the black men theeads :camby:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Foh with this hand holding shyt

That's life, you're a man so deal with the hand you were dealt. In a world with billions of people trying to get ahead it isn't going to be easy

If you can't figure out how to introspect, figure out, and fix issues and flaws within then you deserve to fail