Bitter Black Men: redefining manhood (long read)

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I feel like when you have responsibilities and people who look up to/depend on you as a black man depression is a luxury you can't afford.

If you can't get it together you might aswell lay down and die.

how is one suppose to deal with it then?

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I feel like when you have responsibilities and people who look up to/depend on you as a black man depression is a luxury you can't afford.

If you can't get it together you might aswell lay down and die.

how is one suppose to deal with it then?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If people keep connecting feeling negative with being black, I think it starts to make you start seeing race in everything, and you become the person that helped put us in this situation, a racists

476.gif

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
See what i mean, even in a thread about displaying emotions, fakkit @Dip comes in as a boy raised as a b*stard baby maker and displays her emotions in angst. I guess this a great thread :pachaha:

Ghanaian Armor

Colonel
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Easier said than done. Not going beat a dead horse but I've had some horrible experiences with women, black women particular.....and yet despite all my resentment/bitterness towards them...I still want to be with one :mjcry:

That's not healthy. I never had a particular attachment to Black Women since I grew up in a mixed neighborhood. But if any particular race of Women gave me trouble while the rest did not - It is natural for me to say "fukk them" is it not? If Black Women are the only ones giving you problems from a scientific standpoint it is highly illogical to conclude that the problem is YOU.

Its not just black men.

We live in a society that says a sociopath who's "making moves" is better than a man admitting fear and insecurity

The "Bad" nikkas succeed more in life if you compare two extremes, a narcissistic playboy and a gentle giant who will get more p*ssy or business deals on average. I will not say "Evil" has grown in my heart but rather a thick layer of "Indifference". And the less passionate and more resource acquisition focused I become the more people tend to like me and gravitate towards me. The world is hard to survive in and Women like cold passionless Men who can make money. Women say they want a romantic, affectionate, patient and considerate Man.

No that is bullshyt, they want a Man who is quick, assertive, decisive, dismissive and who uses power and negotiation tactics. As I study esoteric arts I do feel in this capitalistic world my core being is continuing to be buried deeper and deeper in these layers of indifference and cold calculating theories. Part of why bytches loved Tupac so much is because he is that juxtaposition of being in that phase of life where the art and romance of youth meets the cold harsh truth and reality of the "adult" world. They want a nikka who will bust shots at the drop of a hat but kiss them passionately at the end of the night. Of course these two nikkas rarely meet but don't tell a Black Woman that they don't exist in the same body - She will blow her gasket.

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
That's not healthy. I never had a particular attachment to Black Women since I grew up in a mixed neighborhood. But if any particular race of Women gave me trouble while the rest did not - It is natural for me to say "fukk them" is it not? If Black Women are the only ones giving you problems from a scientific standpoint it is highly illogical to conclude that the problem is YOU.

Yeah i hear you. Majority of women i've approached are black. Will only approach a white woman if she's REALLY attractive, and i don't really interact with a lot of other races, nor do i see them that often. It's normally black women with a sprinkle of whites, but hey maybe i need to switch it up and try something different :manny:

Ghanaian Armor

Colonel
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
but hey maybe i need to switch it up and try something different :manny:

Women are enough trouble as it is. Why endure the worst of them?

If you have to deal with American Women then preferably stick to Asian or Latina. CAC if there's nothing else available and generally American BW are the lowest you can get. CAC Women are at least apologetic when they fukk up. But they a mess too if they born here.

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
Done reading. What an amazing thought provoking thread.

I have seen both of my husbands and my brother cry. It never made me think them weak or lesser than. If anything it scared me and made me
even sadder. If this wonderful strong hard working determined man is crying then Lord this situation is beyond fukk ed up.

I love our men. the strongest men on the planet. I love the unwritten bond that we have as black people.
This thread reminds me that that's not enough.
even as a black woman I can't understand all of the struggles of a black man.
I'm not a man and society's expectations of me while still fukk ed up will still be black womanly expectations.

I hope that you brothers let us in when you can. Even if we can't completely understand we want to listen and support you and hope that that helps you some.

I really believe at the end of the day all we got is us.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
This.
Beautiful to rEad.
If this was about black women you wouldve come in with scorn and hate since bw criticism of any form is not allowed. But you are quick to add your two cents to a thread criticizing black men. Foh, and next time, tag me if u wanna pacspit someone