Biomutant (PS4, Xbox One, PC) May 25

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't wait, seems most of the issues are on PS5 which mean the game is doomed to be demonized

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Critical|Hit - 8/10
Biomutant juggles a ton of balls at any given time, and while it might not be able to keep all of them in the air, it's still an ambitious open-world adventure that's hard to not fall in love with. Maybe it's coming at the right time as well, as its generally laid-back approach to storytelling, wonderfully silly crafting, and deep character customization more than makes up for the rough combat that could do with some more polish.

GamingBolt - 5/10
Biomutant works best on paper, but it has too many derivative elements for anything alone to stand out.

TrueAchivements - 3.5/5
Biomutant really feels like it has so much heart behind it, and that’s more than enough of a pull to keep you coming back for more. You could just focus on those end-game bosses, but it would be a crime to do so — Biomutant’s expansive world offers so much that you’ll lose hours to exploration before even thinking about taking on some of those sidequests. It’s also a breath of fresh air to see the unique combination of inspirations and themes behind the game, which do indeed help it to stand apart as a real mash-up of genres wrapped up in a “post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable.” The only issues are where Biomutant doesn’t quite measure up to the scope and complexity it offers, leaving it feeling as though a little more polish would complete its transformation into a real gem.

FlickeringMyth - 6/10
Despite its appealing open-world and charmingly oddball characters, Biomutant’s jank-heavy gameplay, short length, and over-familiar grab-bag of RPG tropes make for a frustratingly lukewarm experience.

RPGamer - 2/5
Despite some interesting ideas, Biomutant commits the cardinal sin of media — it’s boring, and that ultimately seals its fate. The game has a gorgeous world and adorable character designs, yet it’s soulless and falls far short of its ambitions. What makes it even more depressing is that, although it has potential, it’s plagued by too many poor gameplay elements plus a story that’s bloated with exposition and undermined by poor character development, as well as the rampant technical issues. Offering a main story that can easily be completed in less than fifteen hours, Biomutant is a quick experience but the dullness still comes to the fore in that short amount of time. Ambition is a beautiful thing to have, but if you cannot fulfill it, it’s nothing but wasted potential and time.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hollow open world game. Literally the worst phrase to describe a game for me in 2021. Pass like a muthafukka. Waiting on that Scarlet Nexus or RC.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can't wait, seems most of the issues are on PS5 which mean the game is doomed to be demonized

90470294-CBEC-467-C-87-FF-C7-CBDDF6-C4-E4.jpg

3-F32-A49-D-46-BA-4-D88-9-CB8-5-DCCE6796675.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
VideoGamer - 7
Biomutant review - VideoGamer.com
"We need more of this strangeness in our AAA open worlds, and, if the DNA of Biomutant sparks a re-evolution of some of the genre’s dull spots, perhaps we can forgive the dull spots present here. The story? KLICK! The combat? DING! The world? KAAA-POW!"

Xbox Achievements - 65
Biomutant Review | XboxAchievements.com
"It may not be as polished as other open world action-RPGs on the market, but Biomutant’s charm and stubborn scrappiness will likely win you over, eventually. It’s flawed and a little mechanically shallow, but the world that Experiment 101 has created is legitimately beautiful at times, and has a personality unlike any other game out there. There’s missed potential in Biomutant, certainly, but what is here, is strangely engrossing."​

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Games like this will always score a bit lower. They’ll give whatever boring Ubisoft game good scores despite it being “empty and cookie cutter” for reasons.

This is a new franchise from a new dev so they will always have an uphill battle when it comes review scores.

I like the setting, the presentation is a nice change of pace and the combat/traversal looks fun.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Games like this will always score a bit lower. They’ll give whatever boring Ubisoft game good scores despite it being “empty and cookie cutter” for reasons.

This is a new franchise from a new dev so they will always have an uphill battle when it comes review scores.

I like the setting, the presentation is a nice change of pace and the combat/traversal looks fun.

Basically this.

I also expect the users scores to be higher than review scores.

Either way scores are all over the place but it's just about what I expected.

I also don't depend on scores or reviews to determine if I'll enjoy a game, I'd miss out on alot of fun games if I did