Biomutant (PS4, Xbox One, PC) May 25

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps

We are not AAA and the studio behind Biomutant consists of only 20 people,” wrote the publisher. “They have been working very hard on this game for the last [at least four] years – you don’t have to like the final product but please don’t question their skill or dedication to the game. We can’t believe that we have to say this, but please don’t attack or make fun of other people. Online or in real life.”

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks real dope but I’ll probably wait until I come back from my vacation to cop. I know son of y’all are copping day one so I’ll be waiting to hear y’all reaction :salute:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
First official review

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardner1/2021/05/24/biomutant-review-full-of-great-ideas-but-many-fall-short/?sh=5edbf3587f33

p
ossible ign leak

2-E320-F5-F-7-C24-4233-9-D1-C-375753153159.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Forbes - Unscored
Still, my 75-hour playthrough didn’t feel like time waster. Biomutant has charm and heart; everything more or less works: there’s always the promise of something weird and wonderful around the corner, even if you’ve seen something similar before. It’s definitely unlike anything else you’ve played before, even if it reminds you of everything else.

GameInformer - 6.5
Despite bursting at the seams with cool ideas, Biomutant is a largely hollow experience that only provides fleeting glimpses of greatness.

PowerUp Gaming - 9/10
The wait to explore this new world may have been a little long in the tooth but Biomutant has emerged as a game about, and of, spectacular evolution.

Push Square - 4/10
Biomutant could have been something special, but the ambitious project fails to capitalise on what it does differently. Trapped in the clutches of an open world from a generation past, its own ideas are thwarted by an overload of other mechanics and overwhelming menus. By trying to do so much, Biomutant skipped the part where it built a solid basis to work from. While there's still potential here, Experiment 101's first attempt hasn't realised it.

PressStart - 5.5
As the credits rolled on Biomutant, I couldn’t help but wonder why there was so much in the game and yet so much that was distinctly unmemorable. It’s got jet skis, horses, Titanfall-esque mechs, and even bug catching. There are psychic powers, real guns, boomerangs, and a mountable walking mechanical hand that shoots from its fingers. But none of it ever comes together in a way that makes sense, and that’s Biomutants biggest problem. It’s just trying to do too much and, in the process, lost sight of what it sets out to do.

Gamespot - 6/10
There's still an enjoyable game here, but a lot of unfortunate caveats come attached to that statement. Yet while it might not always hit the mark, Biomutant is an ambitiously flawed game from a small studio, and the games industry could always use more risky endeavors like this one.

IGN - 6/10
Biomutant has a lot of the building blocks of a top-drawer action RPG but its cookie-cutter approach to objectives and puzzles starts feeling very repetitive very early on.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Forbes - Unscored
Still, my 75-hour playthrough didn’t feel like time waster. Biomutant has charm and heart; everything more or less works: there’s always the promise of something weird and wonderful around the corner, even if you’ve seen something similar before. It’s definitely unlike anything else you’ve played before, even if it reminds you of everything else.

GameInformer - 6.5
Despite bursting at the seams with cool ideas, Biomutant is a largely hollow experience that only provides fleeting glimpses of greatness.

PowerUp Gaming - 9/10
The wait to explore this new world may have been a little long in the tooth but Biomutant has emerged as a game about, and of, spectacular evolution.

Push Square - 4/10
Biomutant could have been something special, but the ambitious project fails to capitalise on what it does differently. Trapped in the clutches of an open world from a generation past, its own ideas are thwarted by an overload of other mechanics and overwhelming menus. By trying to do so much, Biomutant skipped the part where it built a solid basis to work from. While there's still potential here, Experiment 101's first attempt hasn't realised it.

PressStart - 5.5
As the credits rolled on Biomutant, I couldn’t help but wonder why there was so much in the game and yet so much that was distinctly unmemorable. It’s got jet skis, horses, Titanfall-esque mechs, and even bug catching. There are psychic powers, real guns, boomerangs, and a mountable walking mechanical hand that shoots from its fingers. But none of it ever comes together in a way that makes sense, and that’s Biomutants biggest problem. It’s just trying to do too much and, in the process, lost sight of what it sets out to do.

Gamespot - 6/10
There's still an enjoyable game here, but a lot of unfortunate caveats come attached to that statement. Yet while it might not always hit the mark, Biomutant is an ambitiously flawed game from a small studio, and the games industry could always use more risky endeavors like this one.

IGN - 6/10
Biomutant has a lot of the building blocks of a top-drawer action RPG but its cookie-cutter approach to objectives and puzzles starts feeling very repetitive very early on.
Yikes. Canceling my pre-order lol