Biomutant (PS4, Xbox One, PC) May 25

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Nordiq thq is not a AAA studio....don't know how anyone would hyped for thier games

Darksiders 3 and the poorly handled port of kingdoms of amalur left a sour taste in my mouth

I don't expect anything less than a repetitive generic hack and slash from them

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nordiq thq is not a AAA studio....don't know how anyone would hyped for thier games

Darksiders 3 and the poorly handled port of kingdoms of amalur left a sour taste in my mouth

I don't expect anything less than a repetitive generic hack and slash from them
Darksiders 3 was dope and THQ Nordic is not making the game. They are a publisher. This is the first game by the dev studio making biomutant.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My thoughts after 6 hours of Biomutant run (mild spoilers)
Game Feedback
I must say I love it.

The first hour and a bit is hand holding, through the tutorial which is fine don't mind that. After about 2ish hours the game will open up so you can start collecting the currency and then how to craft etc. Once you are through that, it's game-on basically.

But now for me the game has opened up, it's just so fun.

The map is beautiful, and big. I've spent a good bit of time exploring using a side quest as a guide, this has enabled me to get a good feel for things. There is lots to find, plenty little areas outside of quest markers etc.

When you reach an area it gives you loot to find, and checks them off when you find them. The exploration is fun and rewarding. I've picked up good loot for future use (higher level) and picked up LOADS of crafting material, honestly the crafting is brilliant, so much shyt to make.

The outfits are brilliant, I'm currently wearing a duck mask (think Psyduck) for all you OG Pokémon fans, and a fukkin mini skirt. Why? Because it's currently my strongest outfit, what's a man to do?

Combat. Combat is brilliant, it's quick tho, holy fukk no standing about admiring the view. You have to be quick switching between gun, melee and Psi powers (I've gone Psi Freak which is good fun), the amount of times I get caught in the moment and don't dodge out the way, frantic and fun.

In terms of the dialogue, I know there has been criticism of that, I've found myself just reading the subtitles and skipping the yapping because there isn't actual conversation happening. But that's fine doesn't bother me, and hardly a negative tbh.

If you have the game on Pre Order, good I'm glad, support the Devs they have done a great job.

If you haven't yet, do it, you won't regret it.

If you have cancelled because you read some random not liking it, then more the fool you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Early Thoughts after roughly 5 hours (Spoiler free)
Discussion
I was lucky enough to get the game early, and after 5 hours, to me the game feels soo expansive, the weapons, player customization, progression, builds, and skills have so much depth to them it almost feels overwhelming to begin with. The story is deep, there is plenty lore and background details that I was a little lost in at first, but things are starting to make more sense. I don't think I actually have played a game with this many layers. The combat rewards fighting in combos to be much more effective and activate some form of an ultimate. Button combinations give me the sense of a classic fighting game. When you fight an opponent you are much more efficient with successful parrying or combos which means the combat is more than a button masher. When you nail a combo or parry and hit an enemy off of skilled tactics the enemies sustain much more damage and the combat feels satisfying. The open world from what I have seen is filled with lots and lots of loot. The locations are detailed connecting back to the lore of industrial/nuclear waste fallout. The puzzles so far seem a little simple but maybe they will be more complex later on. The NPC's so far have character even though their language is being narrated lol So far Im very impressed with this game, I think it's the type of RPG you'll sink dozens of hours into.

I think the vast majority of gamers will enjoy this even though it's pretty under the radar as of now. It is very good so far.

I did have one bug in which i had to restart my save so far. I am playing on hard difficulty on my Series X.