Biomutant (PS4, Xbox One, PC) May 25

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
there's no way this shyt cant do 4k60 on the 5...was gonna get it on series x anyway but still....this is dev on the devs...how many more new consoles we gonna need for this not to be a talking point anymore ??

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Why on earth do these companies keep releasing new games with the next-gen versions not ready? They expect people wait and circle back around to their game or something? :mjlol:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I couldn't be in the game dev business, it has to be frustrating because the consumer is never happy.

They saw what happened with Cyberpunk and quickly decided not to make the same mistakes CDProjekt made. We all know by now, or should know, that both Sony and MS released next gen earlier than originally anticipated - that probably had a lot to do with an uptick in profits and userbase because of the pandemic. So the vast majority of the industry has either had to make a choice mid-development of titles - a. salvage what you have and pivot to next gen development announcing significant delays to your original timeline. b. push forward with current gen development and tackle backwards compatibility during the QA process to get a stable current gen version before tackling next gen versions.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm all for holding devs accountable but these issues that have become prevalent with the new generation are going to continue and the console makers are more at fault than the devs.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching all the footage jesus christ this is one of the more intrusive uses of motion blur I've ever seen.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I couldn't be in the game dev business, it has to be frustrating because the consumer is never happy.

They saw what happened with Cyberpunk and quickly decided not to make the same mistakes CDProjekt made. We all know by now, or should know, that both Sony and MS released next gen earlier than originally anticipated - that probably had a lot to do with an uptick in profits and userbase because of the pandemic. So the vast majority of the industry has either had to make a choice mid-development of titles - a. salvage what you have and pivot to next gen development announcing significant delays to your original timeline. b. push forward with current gen development and tackle backwards compatibility during the QA process to get a stable current gen version before tackling next gen versions.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm all for holding devs accountable but these issues that have become prevalent with the new generation are going to continue and the console makers are more at fault than the devs.
Most of it is just Sony fans mad at devs cause Sony made some questionable decisions about how game SKUs are handled.

With cyberpunk PS5 users where stuck with an ugly non upgraded version because Sony doesn’t allow for specific upgrades to BC games. So PS5 owners were stuck with PS4pro version.

Same here. Pro version is gonna be 1080p so the PS5 version has to be as well.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
there's no way this shyt cant do 4k60 on the 5...was gonna get it on series x anyway but still....this is dev on the devs...how many more new consoles we gonna need for this not to be a talking point anymore ??
People are gonna have to accept the fact that devs are restricted on how much they can upgrade ps4 games to run on ps5.

This is a Sony problem that they could easily fix if they cared.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Most of it is just Sony fans mad at devs cause Sony made some questionable decisions about how game SKUs are handled.

With cyberpunk PS5 users where stuck with an ugly non upgraded version because Sony doesn’t allow for specific upgrades to BC games. So PS5 owners were stuck with PS4pro version.

Same here. Pro version is gonna be 1080p so the PS5 version has to be as well.
The only thing it seems developers are allowed to do with ps4 titles on ps5 is unlock framerate and push higher resolutions IF the ps4 pro version has a variable resolution based off performance.

Sony could easily fix this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Soooo is this game fun or nah?

I didn’t care that it’s fauxK : yeshrug:

Initial Impressions from an early copy
Game Feedback
NO SPOILERS. Got an early copy. Played a few hours (so please take everything with much salt). Testing on PS5. Playing as a Saboteur dual wielding melee character, Medium difficulty.

+Looks very pretty, lush and vibrant. Art direction is excellent. Grass so verdant, you want to roll around in it.

+Character creator is fun.

+Fairly smooth 60fps

+I enjoy running on all fours!

+I can clearly get a sense of how much effort went into world-building. Lotta heart in the cutscenes/cinematography/music.

+Weapon types have varied, distinct and visually interesting move-sets.

= Narrator is annoying but you can turn him down.

= It is satisfying to nail a perfect dodge, but due to poor enemy telegraphing and off-screen enemies, difficult to pull off consistently.

= Lacks weight with lighter weapons such as dual knives. Certain heavier weapons feel more appropriately weighty and interesting.

-The exposition in the beginning hour is exhausting and frustratingly long.

-Combat feels imprecise.

-Similar to Arkham games’ combat, except enemy tracking doesn’t work. You’ll shoot past the enemy you’re fighting and kick air.

-Certain enemy attacks (think stomps) don’t have good visual/audio indicators, making it difficult to parry or dodge.

-Cutscene -> walk a bit -> cutscene -> walk -> cutscene… not a fan of this manner of storytelling.

-Narrator seems smarmy and ‘higher-than-thou’.

-I am dying a lot on Medium difficulty, and I don’t necessarily think it’s my fault.

-Puzzles at this stage of the game are not interesting or fun.

!- Enemies attack you from off screen. This is infuriating.

Overall: World building and art direction nice, gameplay and pacing less nice. Again though, this is the beginning of the game so please take with much salt. Please check professional reviews before making up your mind.

Impressions after a few more hours: New weapon varieties are making the game more fun. Combat still feels imprecise and at times unfair. But I will continue to play.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Initial Impressions from an early copy
Game Feedback
NO SPOILERS. Got an early copy. Played a few hours (so please take everything with much salt). Testing on PS5. Playing as a Saboteur dual wielding melee character, Medium difficulty.

+Looks very pretty, lush and vibrant. Art direction is excellent. Grass so verdant, you want to roll around in it.

+Character creator is fun.

+Fairly smooth 60fps

+I enjoy running on all fours!

+I can clearly get a sense of how much effort went into world-building. Lotta heart in the cutscenes/cinematography/music.

+Weapon types have varied, distinct and visually interesting move-sets.

= Narrator is annoying but you can turn him down.

= It is satisfying to nail a perfect dodge, but due to poor enemy telegraphing and off-screen enemies, difficult to pull off consistently.

= Lacks weight with lighter weapons such as dual knives. Certain heavier weapons feel more appropriately weighty and interesting.

-The exposition in the beginning hour is exhausting and frustratingly long.

-Combat feels imprecise.

-Similar to Arkham games’ combat, except enemy tracking doesn’t work. You’ll shoot past the enemy you’re fighting and kick air.

-Certain enemy attacks (think stomps) don’t have good visual/audio indicators, making it difficult to parry or dodge.

-Cutscene -> walk a bit -> cutscene -> walk -> cutscene… not a fan of this manner of storytelling.

-Narrator seems smarmy and ‘higher-than-thou’.

-I am dying a lot on Medium difficulty, and I don’t necessarily think it’s my fault.

-Puzzles at this stage of the game are not interesting or fun.

!- Enemies attack you from off screen. This is infuriating.

Overall: World building and art direction nice, gameplay and pacing less nice. Again though, this is the beginning of the game so please take with much salt. Please check professional reviews before making up your mind.

Impressions after a few more hours: New weapon varieties are making the game more fun. Combat still feels imprecise and at times unfair. But I will continue to play.

It was until Sony stans started to bad Mouth it...

So by release it'll probably be subpar or bad

ohhh. Didn’t realize this wasn’t out yet. Thanks.