Bink back at it again calls out Justice League for Nas No Introduction Sample

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
What is he's tight about? I seen the sample on whosampled.com since last week.....did JL say they didn't sample the record?

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
What is he's tight about? I seen the sample on whosampled.com since last week.....did JL say they didn't sample the record?

they said it has no sample
the credits say the only writers are Nas and the three dudes in JL

and it's an obvious redo of the Kirk Franklin record

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
they said it has no sample
the credits say the only writers are Nas and the three dudes in JL

and it's an obvious redo of the Kirk Franklin record

Wow that's crazy....when I heard the sample last week it was quite obvious they got it from kirk....shyt if I played the track for my moms should would know it was from kirk

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Interpolating is still the same thing as sampling. You have to clear the sample you interpolated still. Its up to the label to clear it, but its up to the producers to tell the label which sample they interpolated. Justice League NEVER relays that information to the label which is why you sometimes dont see the sample credited on the album. Justice League is known for straight up biting. fukk em.

from what i (vaguely) understand, replaying counts as a performance of a work rather than actual sampling, and that the licensing is different for the two. can you clarify?

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
from what i (vaguely) understand, replaying counts as a performance of a work rather than actual sampling, and that the licensing is different for the two. can you clarify?

the only difference is that replaying is more likely to be cleared and less likely to cost all of your publishing

if different entities control the record and the publishing then you might have cases where you can't get clearance for sampling the record but you can get clearance for a replay

that's kinda irrelevant to this discussion tho cuz JL is not even clearing their replays

because they think they're changing the music enough ("re-imaging") but in reality they sound really close to the original songs

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
the only difference is that replaying is more likely to be cleared and less likely to cost all of your publishing

if different entities control the record and the publishing then you might have cases where you can't get clearance for sampling the record but you can get clearance for a replay

that's kinda irrelevant to this discussion tho cuz JL is not even clearing their replays

because they think they're changing the music enough ("re-imaging") but in reality they sound really close to the original songs
if JL are going on the premise that they are re-imagining the song and they haven't actually cleared it (which I assumed they did and just didn't have to put it in the album credits) then they will more than likely be getting sued. I heard the original sample and it sound exactly like the composition. dumb move if true

great fukking song tho :jawalrus:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
I remember a couple years ago there was a video wit all 3 dudes from JL goin thru their individual samples to see who found the best ones. Its common knowledge they sample. And in the end JL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bink

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Don't really follow JL work but are they known for jacking nikkaz work?

No. They aren't known for jacking nikkas shyt. What they are known for is saying they don't sample, when in fact they do. Instead of directly sampling they recreate the melodies/compositions of songs (called interpolating). But apparently they're trying to claim that they "re-imagine" samples because sampling whether interpolating or directly sampling costs too much. What they're doing is playing with a matter of semantics, instead of outright admitting to what they do (interpolate), they're trying to make it seem as if they dont. I think the issue here isnt about them giving credit for their interpolations and hiding it but because they are outright lying to people. They brag and boast about "composing" their work and being real musicians and what not when in fact alot of the stuff their known for they didnt exclusively compose.