Bink back at it again calls out Justice League for Nas No Introduction Sample

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
whatever they did I really don't see how it has anything to do with him...so why is he on twitter poppin off at the mouth about it?..the industry is full of wackness these days...old and young....

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
word i don't even use twitter no more and i remember them being on some condescending BS :rudy:

and word they just use plugins like everybody else for the most part :scusthov:

the orchestra plugin by IK multimedia :heh:

i guess they're mad that they need to be in a trio to make decent beats and that none of em have the respect/celebrity of even a less famous producer (like Salaam Remi or Nottz level) :pachaha:

I remember I met chad from neptunes a couple years ago that nikka is cool as shyt made me respect him as a producer even more.

I don't understand why nikkas feel the need to be ignorant and arrogant.

:yeshrug:

fukk em.

:russ:

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
J.U.S.T.I.C.E LEAGUE
‏@JusticeLeague

FYI, "John" is an interpolation of "I'm Not a Star" we are humbled that somebody was influenced enough by us to replay us. ‪#Props‬
Twitter / JusticeLeague: FYI, "John" is an interpol ...
Acting like they didn't just bite Lex Luger to start with and the only reason its an interpolation is cuz Ross reused lyrics :scusthov:

Prophet ‏@TheProphet16
J.U.S.T.I.C.E LEAGUE
‏@JusticeLeague

Dont sample, itll save u money RT @dcantu212: @JusticeLeague teach me ur ways in sampling

@JusticeLeague how about recreating sample with live musicians? any thoughts?

J.U.S.T.I.C.E LEAGUE
‏@JusticeLeague

@TheProphet16 re-imagine it
Twitter / JusticeLeague: @TheProphet16 re-imagine it
encouraging biting :merchant:

jordan thorn
‏@speakmumbles

@JusticeLeague you got record stores you go to in atlanta?

J.U.S.T.I.C.E LEAGUE
‏@JusticeLeague

@speakmumbles nope. My digging days are over. Samples take way to much publishing

jordan thorn
‏@speakmumbles

@JusticeLeague Interpolation. use my resources.

J.U.S.T.I.C.E LEAGUE
‏@JusticeLeague

@speakmumbles can't interpolate, gotta re-imagine lol
Twitter / JusticeLeague: @speakmumbles can't interp ...
:lolbron: we ain't interpolating we're re-imagining (lol) :smugfavre:

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
First off, labels dont own publishing. The major publishing houses do. Some of those major publishing are divisions attached to the parent labels. 2nd, artists make side deals? HUH? WHAT? Where do you get this BS from? :ohlawd:

Artists owning melodies? HAHAHA! Wtf are you on today?

"Sometimes a hip hop producer will have to replay the sample(not use it, replay it)" My genius friend, an interpolation is the sample re-played to variation. FML.

You have to actually BE in the music industry to actually know wtf you're talking about. Reading copyright laws off Google is a terrible way to gather facts in an industry where there are no rules and the "policies" change daily when whoever is in position of power simply decides to do so.
you're confused! The publishing is completely different from the masters. The publishing can be owned by either the artist (if they do their business correctly) or it can be owned by the label/publishing companies (i.e. puff daddy's fakkit ass owning the LOX publishing and fukking them over)

Now here's where it's going to get a little tricky for your fake lawyer ass. The record label almost 100% of the time owns the master.

Sorry I used the term "melody" what I meant to say (which is exactly the same thing) is the "composition" of a song. Here's the difference of the 2:

the master = the song's sound recording

publishing = the Composition of the song

I do stand corrected on one thing. If you are using the actual "sound recording" from the master (the original source, the sample) you will have to pay the publisher (which could very easliy be the artist - see LOX reference above) or whoever owns the publishing and you will also have to pay for the sample (the master recording)

If you decide to interpolate the song (replay it) you will only have to pay for the publishing which again for your fake lawyer ass can be whoever owns the publishing which could be to a number of sources not always publishing houses. Just because they are called "publishing houses" does not mean they automatically own everyone in the world's publishing.

IMO the "composition" of a song is it's melody however u want to word it is fine but in the end interpolation and master recording (sample) are 2 different things. :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
It is pretty hilarious how it takes 3 minds to make ONE beat. One guy can only do the drums. Other guy only knows how to play keys. Other dude only knows how to arrange. smh...overrated.

:heh:

Yeah it is overrated when it takes three nikkas to literally jack a beat and then adding some reverbed claps compressed kick......fukking pathetic :skip:

I'd rather get a beat from Bangladesh :birdman:

:shaq:

TheOldBull

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Twitter / JusticeLeague: FYI, "John" is an interpol ...
Acting like they didn't just bite Lex Luger to start with and the only reason its an interpolation is cuz Ross reused lyrics :scusthov:

Twitter / JusticeLeague: @TheProphet16 re-imagine it
encouraging biting :merchant:

Twitter / JusticeLeague: @speakmumbles can't interp ...
:lolbron: we ain't interpolating we're re-imagining (lol) :smugfavre:

And there you have it. Straight out of the horse's mouth. And these retards on this board think these guys got rich. They all live together still. :why:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
So it's really come to this. Hip hop heads criticising producers for not crediting samples :scusthov:

Who fukking cares. This whole genre is built upon illegally jacking samples. If you don't like it fukk off and listen to The Eagles.

You'll be criticising rappers next for just talking over a beat.

And I hope that bitter fakkit Bink gets blackballed. Although I doubt anyone would even notice if he did get blackballed the irrelevant bum.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Hey guys,

I'm listening to Kanye West "Graduation" right now, plan on calling in a orchrestra and "re-imagining" some tracks.

jayzbiglaugh2.png

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:what: nikkas is shytting on production groups now? So I guess Dre, Pharrell, Kanye, and Timbo are whack now too :rudy:?

Anyways JL do be on some condescending shyt for no reason tho. They had a video dissing FL Studio producers or some shyt, they said something like "Idare a nikka to redo maybach music on fruity loops" but then a nikka proceeded to remake it :heh: so who had the last laugh then.

And I still don't get where y'all say JL say they dont sample. Heres a video where they with Drake having a sample battle.

Last edited by a moderator:

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
First off, labels dont own publishing. The major publishing houses do. Some of those major publishing houses are divisions attached to the parent labels. 2nd, artists make side deals? HUH? WHAT? Where do you get this BS from? :ohlawd:

Artists owning melodies? HAHAHA! Wtf are you on today?

"Sometimes a hip hop producer will have to replay the sample(not use it, replay it)" My genius friend, an interpolation is the sample re-played to variation. FML.

You have to actually BE in the music industry to actually know wtf you're talking about. Reading copyright laws off Google is a terrible way to gather facts in an industry where there are no rules and the "policies" change daily when whoever is in position of power simply decides to do so.

and it is a fact that with some deals a label or an artist (as someone mentioned RZA above) can put a stipulation in the sample clearance that the artist using the sample or the composition does not require to list the sample used on the album. That is all in the paperwork and is decided while making the sample/composition clearance. Sorry I used the term "side deals" I meant it's a stipulation. Same way as someone who owns a sample/composition (publishing) can request that the song in which the sample is being used does not have cursing or is not offensive. It all depends on who owns what.

I heard that's why sometimes u get tracks on explicit albums that are censored (see Slippin DMX) - not 100% sure about that but I could see it there lawyer boy.

Now go play somewhere I'm busy :youngsabo:

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
IMO the "composition" of a song is it's melody however u want to word it is fine but in the end interpolation and master recording (sample) are 2 different things. :lolbron:

yeah everyone here knows :smugfavre:

i guess they're not EXACTLY 100% interpolating either cuz they're not playing the exact same notes

but overall they're remaking these joints in feel and imitating their composition
it's sorta like how all those trap beats sound like BMF but they're not exactly replaying BMF just copying its style

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
bink is upset cause he claims justice league said they never sample :what:

Seems to me like hes pulling yet another 'this guy is jacking me' because they used the same sample.

This is what I don't get about him. I've witnessed producers flip similar beats and similar samples with out even knowing the other exists. I've watched guys who didn't even make beats for fun end up flipping this same sample Swizz Beats di

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
Seems to me like hes pulling yet another 'this guy is jacking me' because they used the same sample.

This is what I don't get about him. I've witnessed producers flip similar beats and similar samples with out even knowing the other exists. I've watched guys who didn't even make beats for fun end up flipping this same sample Swizz Beats di

nah Bink isn't saying they're biting him :beli:
he's saying they're biting Kirk Franklin :myman: