L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
bink is upset cause he claims justice league said they never sample :what:

When did JL say this? Cause they sample (interpolate) quite frequently
J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League's Sample-Based Music Productions | WhoSampled

Well if they replayed it (and it sounds like they did) and added their own bits and pieces (which it sounds like they did) then technically they didn't sample. I guess he's just salty no ones really fukkin with him these days. I'm not even a JL fan

No its still considered sampling its just called interpolating , which is another form of sampling..

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Im not getting B!nk's point. I thought he would be claiming they stole the sample from him. What is S1 talking about, with that "straight jack" shyt?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
When did JL say this? Cause they sample (interpolate) quite frequently
J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League's Sample-Based Music Productions | WhoSampled

No its still considered sampling its just called interpolating , which is another form of sampling..
Yeah I know that I'm just saying if they wanted to get super technical with it they could claim its not strictly a sample. maybe they have a deal where they don't have to show credit in the booklet, I know RZA used to clear samples a lot but would have the choice to not show it in the credits.

TheOldBull

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interpolating is still the same thing as sampling. You have to clear the sample you interpolated still. Its up to the label to clear it, but its up to the producers to tell the label which sample they interpolated. Justice League NEVER relays that information to the label which is why you sometimes dont see the sample credited on the album. Justice League is known for straight up biting. fukk em.

HHID

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dr Dre doesnt even credit 10% of the samples he uses... and that whole man's career has been based on looping songs & adding a beat to them...

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
Yeah I know that I'm just saying if they wanted to get super technical with it they could claim its not strictly a sample. maybe they have a deal where they don't have to show credit in the booklet, I know RZA used to clear samples a lot but would have the choice to not show it in the credits.

Nah they just reworked the sample and acted like its all original music when its clearly heavily inspired by the Kirk Franklin record

Bink is calling them out for biting and not clearing it as an interpolation

If you read your Life Is Good liners it says the only writers are Nas and the three cats in Justice League

If they cleared it like they should've then it would say the writers of the sample as well

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Nah they just reworked the sample and acted like its all original music when its clearly heavily inspired by the Kirk Franklin record

Bink is calling them out for biting and not clearing it as an interpolation

If you read your Life Is Good liners it says the only writers are Nas and the three cats in Justice League

If they cleared it like they should've then it would say the writers of the sample as well
I didn't know they had a history of doing this. Have they been caught and sued or anything before?