Bink back at it again calls out Justice League for Nas No Introduction Sample

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
I didn't know they had a history of doing this. Have they been caught and sued or anything before?

Sued? I doubt it

Caught... yeah, a lot of people know Justice League does this... Maybach Music 1 and 3 are also uncleared despite obviously being based on 60's/70's soul records

They had to clear the sample for 2 though

Maybe they'll be sued one day who knows

I'm always like :what: when they talk about not sampling and composing all their music though :sitdown:

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
he's just pointing out that they didn't come up with that to those who think they wrote the music. bink has done quite a bit of gospel work throughout his career for those who dont know.

oh word? you got some links to his gospel work?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Sued? I doubt it

Caught... yeah, a lot of people know Justice League does this... Maybach Music 1 and 3 are also uncleared despite obviously being based on 60's/70's soul records

They had to clear the sample for 2 though

Maybe they'll be sued one day who knows

I'm always like :what: when they talk about not sampling and composing all their music though :sitdown:
I haven't heard too much from them because I hate Rick Ross and the cats they usually produce for.

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Justice league got caught before.

I think it was the maybach 3 beat.

I find it funny because they use to shyt on up and coming producers all the time on the early days of twitter.

Karmas a bytch :youngsabo:

deeznutz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Interpolating is still the same thing as sampling. You have to clear the sample you interpolated still. Its up to the label to clear it, but its up to the producers to tell the label which sample they interpolated. Justice League NEVER relays that information to the label which is why you sometimes dont see the sample credited on the album. Justice League is known for straight up biting. fukk em.
they are actually 2 totally different things according to the laws of copyright. Sometimes the actual sample source and the interpolation rights can be owned by 2 separate parties.

The labels usually own all rights to the actual sample whereas the artist who wrote the piece can own the interpolation (melody) if they do their business right.

That's why sometimes a hip hop producer will have to replay the sample (not use it, replay it)

And artists can make side deals sometimes on whether or not they have to list the sample in which they used or replayed.

:duck:

TheOldBull

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they are actually 2 totally different things according to the laws of copyright. Sometimes the actual sample source and the interpolation rights can be owned by 2 separate parties.

The labels usually own all rights to the actual sample whereas the artist who wrote the piece can own the interpolation (melody) if they do their business right.

That's why sometimes a hip hop producer will have to replay the sample (not use it, replay it)

And artists can make side deals sometimes on whether or not they have to list the sample in which they used or replayed.

:duck:

First off, labels dont own publishing. The major publishing houses do. Some of those major publishing houses are divisions attached to the parent labels. 2nd, artists make side deals? HUH? WHAT? Where do you get this BS from? :ohlawd:

Artists owning melodies? HAHAHA! Wtf are you on today?

"Sometimes a hip hop producer will have to replay the sample(not use it, replay it)" My genius friend, an interpolation is the sample re-played to variation. FML.

You have to actually BE in the music industry to actually know wtf you're talking about. Reading copyright laws off Google is a terrible way to gather facts in an industry where there are no rules and the "policies" change daily when whoever is in position of power simply decides to do so.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
Interpolating is still the same thing as sampling. You have to clear the sample you interpolated still. Its up to the label to clear it, but its up to the producers to tell the label which sample they interpolated. Justice League NEVER relays that information to the label which is why you sometimes dont see the sample credited on the album. Justice League is known for straight up biting. fukk em.

can't believe i missed this post :lolbron:
dapped

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
:wtf:
like how?

Man they always say little shyt like "y'all nikkas be in producer pools we not!" "we use orchestras you use the knock offs"

Always belittle the new guys like they weren't in our shoes not long ago.

Funny thing is half they beats use the same orchrestra midi plugin.

Smh @ it taking 3 nikkas to jack a beat that was ALREADY PRODUCED then not giving credit.

That's just stupid like someone wasn't going to find out.

TheOldBull

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man they always say little shyt like "y'all nikkas be in producer pools we not!" "we use orchestras you use the knock offs"

Smh @ it taking 3 nikkas to jack a beat that was ALREADY PRODUCED then not giving credit.

Sh*t. They ain't lying. You and the rest of the Soundclick lames are wannabes. They are the real deal. Period.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps

word i don't even use twitter no more and i remember them being on some condescending BS :rudy:

and word they just use plugins like everybody else for the most part :scusthov:

the orchestra plugin by IK multimedia :heh:

i guess they're mad that they need to be in a trio to make decent beats and that none of em have the respect/celebrity of even a less famous producer (like Salaam Remi or Nottz level) :pachaha:

TheOldBull

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word i don't even use twitter no more and i remember them being on some condescending BS :rudy:

and word they just use plugins like everybody else for the most part :scusthov:

the orchestra plugin by IK multimedia :heh:

i guess they're mad that they need to be in a trio to make decent beats and that none of em have the respect/celebrity of even a less famous producer (like Salaam Remi or Nottz level) :pachaha:

It is pretty hilarious how it takes 3 minds to make ONE beat. One guy can only do the drums. Other guy only knows how to play keys. Other dude only knows how to arrange. smh...overrated.