Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:laff:@ Chuck getting waterboarded and then saying "That's definitely torture - if even I didn't like it - shyt's :whoa: for real"

I tried to get into Succession - that family is horrrrrrible. From dude giving the poor Mexican family a million dollar check if he gets a home run. The kid fails to do so, then the man proceeds to rip up the check in front of him and gives him the torn scrap - talking about here’s a quarter of a million. Everyone in that family is irredeemable and not smart at all. I mean like no intelligence. I turned it off at episode 3 when the son is in his office, stands on the ledge and wips it out. Does it get better as the show goes on from all this sensationalism and the characters?

Succession is funny as fukk - really darkly funny - but funny as fukk.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
More of the same chessboard setting from Ep 1 (with the exposition to go long with) :manny:. Most entertaining parts about this episode to me were the fact that Sacker is getting to go from flunky to righthand woman, and Dollar Bill out here needing a little blue pill--methaphorically and literally :dame:. Mf should've thought twice about holding down 2 families plus a mistress :mjgrin:.

The Axe vs Prince undercard has some potential but something about the dude who plays Prince just doesn't scream billionaire to me. Need to see some more from him. Lol @ Chuck's best figure of wisdom coming from a fictional character who protected a serial killer :deadmanny:

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Axe is our modern day Gordon Gecko .. Victor Crowley of the financial world
:demonic:
Hatchetmposter.jpg

Ok i thought I was only person who is a fan. Sohh underratted as far as slashers go.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
nice little pick with Cibao. food in there is nice.
they have a habit of posting up in the good spots that aren't obvious in this show.

I wonder if them selecting Dexter as what Chuck is reading is intentional because of the Showtime/Dexter connection.

Damien Lewis is taking a while to get up to speed as Axe this season. the delivery not there yet. that big scene of the episode with him and Prince having their debate, he didn't sound like he usually does as Axe and was too hammy.

I like Corey Stoll in most things I've seen him in
hopefully they give his character more to work with instead of being a softer spoken, smarmy foil to Axe.

the beautiful black girl, I forget her characters name is very likeable in the minutes they give her.
lovely voice and presence.

lmao at Taylor delivering her opening line when she went to meet Chuck at the end like she was in an old private eye movie.

Last edited:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I'm on record for HATING last season. But at least they got smart and put Chuck against Axe again. The show was trash when they were teaming up. :francis:

Also, Axe needs to take a real L this season. Chuck the cuck been taking his fair share of Ls. I wouldn't be mad if Wendy and Taylor take an L too. Basically I find everyone on this show annoying as fukk. I also find the dialog to be unrealistic and filled with smartdumb puns and movie references. But I keep watching anyway. :mjgrin: