Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
imma need wendy to take them thangs out and show them on air. matter of fact im been waiting for axe and wendy to consummate their relationship. that would send chuck over the edge.

this cat dog game with axe and chuck gotta take a wild turn. otherwise its the same thing. you would think at some point chuck would realize he prob has a better chance of getting axe once he stops trying.

i did think though chuck and wendy divorcing will expose wendy to legal ramifications. with their son already starting to rebel that family will shyt on axe:mjlol:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s real facts. I didn’t know you watched this show!
I just got into it. Watched the entire damn series over the span of like two weeks lol. now im hooked. couldn't wait for Sunday
If you guys like Billions then I highly recommend you check out Succession too, if you haven't already. They're similar in terms of displays of wealth and power but Succession is a darker comedy/drama (there's plenty of comedy but it's different than the comedy in Billions).

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hate when I don’t listen to my instincts...I should’ve stopped after S4...show continues to feel hollow w/ a few “cool” moments/exchanges between characters but @ this point I’ve lost complete interest in the characters...they threw in just enough during the last 20 minutes to keep me mildly interested in the overall story but it was a chore making it thru this ep

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hold up!!! Wasn’t Chuck’s son like 6 yrs old last season?? Now he looks like he’s 16

you know a show about to jump the shark when they rapidly advance a kid’s age between seasons so they can use him/her to create subplots...the drinking shyt is probably gonna be a season long problem that nobody cares about

:francis:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I like this show but I gotta say the premiere was boring as fukk. It's just the same thing over and over.
How many times we gotta see:
  • Axe and Wags doing some uber rich 1% activity that you might of heard of but aren't familiar with
  • Wendy dissatisfied with Chuck, Chuck simping around her hoping she changes her tune
  • Chuck having a hard on for Axe and prosecuting people who have a loose connection to him
  • Chuck and Axe interacting about one thing but then later we find out it was a chess move that means something bigger in their overall fued
  • Same with Axe and Taylor
It's getting boring.
I hate when I don’t listen to my instincts...I should’ve stopped after S4...show continues to feel hollow w/ a few “cool” moments/exchanges between characters but @ this point I’ve lost complete interest in the characters...they threw in just enough during the last 20 minutes to keep me mildly interested in the overall story but it was a chore making it thru this ep

show should've ended after S3...everything was perfectly lined up for Chuck & Axe to both finally go to jail & surprise, they both escape like they always do. Now the show goes back to Axe vs Chuck admitting S4 was all waste, and this second round of it will be nowhere near as entertaining & interesting as the first 3 seasons. The dialogue is like message board posts with all these fukking movie & tv references (who does this...especially at work :mjtf:), the characters just go back to where they started with rarely anything of note happening to or sticking to them...and I can tell this one got the Showtime stamp of approval to continue on far past needing too.

Done with the show

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
show should've ended after S3...everything was perfectly lined up for Chuck & Axe to both finally go to jail & surprise, they both escape like they always do. Now the show goes back to Axe vs Chuck admitting S4 was all waste, and this second round of it will be nowhere near as entertaining & interesting as the first 3 seasons. The dialogue is like message board posts with all these fukking movie & tv references (who does this...especially at work :mjtf:), the characters just go back to where they started with rarely anything of note happening to or sticking to them...and I can tell this one got the Showtime stamp of approval to continue on far past needing too.

Done with the show
I want Axe to smang Wendy and see Chuck's reaction to it. That's all I'm holding out for. lol

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
you know a show about to jump the shark when they rapidly advance a kid’s age between seasons so they can use him/her to create subplots...the drinking shyt is probably gonna be a season long problem that nobody cares about

I know - that bothered me too. But I have a loyalty to the series so I’m just going to rude this out. We don’t get very many finance, Wall Street and corporate greed/tech shows so I’m taking what I can get. I’m attached but I understand your viewpoint

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
If you guys like Billions then I highly recommend you check out Succession too, if you haven't already. They're similar in terms of displays of wealth and power but Succession is a darker comedy/drama (there's plenty of comedy but it's different than the comedy in Billions).
I tried to get into Succession - that family is horrrrrrible. From dude giving the poor Mexican family a million dollar check if he gets a home run. The kid fails to do so, then the man proceeds to rip up the check in front of him and gives him the torn scrap - talking about here’s a quarter of a million. Everyone in that family is irredeemable and not smart at all. I mean like no intelligence. I turned it off at episode 3 when the son is in his office, stands on the ledge and wips it out. Does it get better as the show goes on from all this sensationalism and the characters?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I tried to get into Succession - that family is horrrrrrible. From dude giving the poor Mexican family a million dollar check if he gets a home run. The kid fails to do so, then the man proceeds to rip up the check in front of him and gives him the torn scrap - talking about here’s a quarter of a million. Everyone in that family is irredeemable and not smart at all. I mean like no intelligence. I turned it off at episode 3 when the son is in his office, stands on the ledge and wips it out. Does it get better as the show goes on from all this sensationalism and the characters?
The show is like the opposite of Billions regarding portraying rich people. While Billions makes it seem like Axe, Taylor, Chuck and Wendy have some elite intelligence and work ethic that puts them above the avg. Billions is making fun of rich people and showing they are no more intelligent than the avg. person and actually more emotionally unstable and unaware of their surroundings compared to others.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea I think that scene with the kid turned a lot of people off but it gets better for sure, it’s just different. It’s a satire about a rich family and like @jayshiggs said it shows that they’re no better than regular people. The family dynamics are the focal point but they have a family business so it shows how things bleed together and get messy, especially when it’s just regular people who have a bunch of money.

I liked it from the jump but I saw it as a dark comedy right away, a lot of people didn’t vibe with it at first because they thought it was supposed to be this serious drama. I’d say give it another shot but look at it like a show making fun of rich a$$holes.