Billions - Season 2 (Official Thread/Feb 19th)

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
I thought Chuck's dad would have more than 27 million dollars. He hangs out with Foley and is part of the NY country club scene.
Not me. I don't think he or Foley are THAT rich. But they show that connections are also currency. And sometimes it's not about your bank account, but instead, who owes you a favor. There's as much power in connections as there is in dollars.

Anyway, Chuck is going to go through hell next season and I'm looking forward to watching him squirm.

S/O Paul G for bringing that scumbag to life.

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
Also thought he would be smarter than to ever risk the lion share of his wealth on one stock. That just sounds stupid.
I thought the same thing but what I was looking at was how much money they would have made. Ira was worth like $250 Million before Axe called in the "Golden Frog" play. I'm not good with the stock market but I could only imagine if he invested $19 Million total and Ira was worth a quarter of a Billion dollars what his dad would have been worth and for that matter how much Chuck would have been worth. That shyt was a "sure thing" and his father saw that and it really was. That's what they call that "fukk You Money" with a Quarter of a Billion dollars. But that was what it was all about was the money. I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't a sure thing Chuck's father wouldn't have put all his eggs in one basket like that.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Next season definitely won't be the last. This will go at least 5 seasons. It's one of Showtime's biggest hits and probably will garner award nominations this year.

The only way the show can carry on for that long is if they do some bullshyt like have them team up to go after a bigger threat :francis:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Just whiny, needy, and unloyal. Take your broke ass back to the dive bar you were born in. People aren't perfect, and you have to learn to take the good with the bad. Why do writers love making TV wives so shytty? You would think Axe is dipping his tip in random poon every night. nikka is at home eating dinner with his family actually ENGAGING with his children and wife like a good husband and father.

There's a way they could have made Tara's inability to get over this ONE lie believable but they never set it up that way. All they had to do was stress in season one how much pride she has, and how difficult it is for someone with pride to be the wife of a billionaire when she doesn't care about money. Play up the "i came from nothing" angle and sprinkle in the "this money is cool but I don't need it". It negates the fact that Axe is so faithful cause no one outside of their marriage would believe it. They would just assume he has any woman he wants. It would explain why the brothers hate him cause they assume Axe treats her like dirt. The only thing that helps Lara be able to deal with all this is her feeling like she's in it 100% with Axe. She feels like an equal. And him lying to her tears all that down.

But of course they didn't play it that way and it makes no sense that she's this much of an annoyance. Her character's motives are inconsistent as hell.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Chuck Sr. passed him that ether envelope

game-of-thrones.6.7.2755000.62

Wendy ain't shyt :mjgrin:

Chuck is gonna end up fukking Nancy from Weeds on the side. The nikka damn near nuts in his pants everytime she takes off her heels. :ld:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Damn I can't believe that was the finale...:ohlawd:

The pain in Chuck's father's eyes and his friend's betrayal all to get Axe to fall for the bait, bankrupted his father, then he got him to sign a confession that he illegally tapped his trust...:mjcry: he did his father dirty... I didn't think chuck would have gone that far to do so much damage to catch his fukking white whale...

Chuck playing 3d chess being #tenstepsahead on some prometheus shyt...:heh:

I still dont get WHY he went back into the house with Wendy after all of that, he could have been like yo I'm divorcing you, I got a nice swedish bytch I want to fukk, you was hooking up with another dude (even tho we agreed) Plus you still best buddies with the man I hate.... :snoop: All of these are divorceable offenses to me!!:mindblown:

Afrodude getting mad he wasnt head of Crim. :mjlol:

I have a feeling Axe is gonna go after chuck, his daddy and Blackjack foley with a vengeance... Chuck played himself on this one.. He's gonna find that thread and it's gonna be payback time...:ufdup: Axe dont forgives or forget...

Season 3!!!! We War Ready!!! #TeamAxe

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Great Season Finale and Chuck gonna take some monumental L's next season :francis:

when Wendy gets exposed for having a part in the Ice Juice stock :blessed:

The whole Ice Juice play on his part :usure:

His Father no longer being his safety net :whoo:

I'm sure Blackjack Foley will come after him too :merchant:

shyt, might even fukk around and expose his fetish too :mjlol:

Both Chuck & Axe gonna go to the grave trying to make each others' life shyttier than theirs

these two characters are like a financial version of hugh jackman and christian bale in the prestige with trying to one-up one another.