Billions - Season 2 (Official Thread/Feb 19th)

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know this is an old thread, and I'm catching up so I can watch season 3 but I had to document my thoughts real quick. I love this show but the dialog makes EVERYONE seem wayyyy smarter than they'd realistically be. There's no way the US attorney, his psychiatrist wife, Axe, Axes' top employees, the internal affairs guy, etc. are all that smart/strategic and witty.

Hell it's annoying how Chuck's wife is on some Professor X shyt. Someone will say a couple of sentences to her and she'll go, "You didn't eat breakfast today did you? That's because your father used to deny you Cinnamon Toast Crunch when you were 6." :dahell:
Yeah it's really exaggerated for entertainment purposes (humor, story advancement, fast pace etc). Kinda like the best wrestling characters being the real persons behind 'em turned up to the max (Rock, Austin etc)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I know this is an old thread, and I'm catching up so I can watch season 3 but I had to document my thoughts real quick. I love this show but the dialog makes EVERYONE seem wayyyy smarter than they'd realistically be. There's no way the US attorney, his psychiatrist wife, Axe, Axes' top employees, the internal affairs guy, etc. are all that smart/strategic and witty.

Hell it's annoying how Chuck's wife is on some Professor X shyt. Someone will say a couple of sentences to her and she'll go, "You didn't eat breakfast today did you? That's because your father used to deny you Cinnamon Toast Crunch when you were 6." :dahell:

You mentioned you were catching up. Her ability to "read" people will backfire on her majorly by the end of season 2.

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
Great start to s3, Chuck was in full Shakespearian and Axe was just pissed the entire episode. Sad seeing Wendy punish him with the retelling of the 'sidedikk' she got tho.

Oville

Pro
Daps

This is so true :mjlol:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Finally finished season 2. Quick thoughts..

Everyone hates Lara but I ABSOLUTELY despise Wendy's character. It makes zero sense for her to still be working for Axe. #1, it's a huge conflict of interest as a wife. #2, Axe is a dirtbag who had pics of you on your dominatrix steez. She's just gonna assume he got rid of them.

I'm glad they got rid of Hall/Iceman, I was tired of his creepy ass.

I don't really like Taylor's character either. Matter of fact, all those folks at Axe Capital treat him like a god. shyt is cult status. I fukks with Wags because he's a scumbag. I just can't buy a character like Taylor. Everything about "her" is annoying as fukk. Also, why did they bring in breh with the Scottie Pippen fro. Dude came just to devalue Nigeria's currency and was a background character from that point on.

Episode 11 was one of the greatest episodes in television in some time. I glad I wasn't spoiled.

Speaking of spoiled, I haven't seen season 3 yet so if you reply please keep that in mind.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

This, I’m actually finding it how to enjoy this show with how pretentious the writing is. Somehow every character is able to quote, cite, or recite high literature or philosophy and/or has some mastery of psycho analysis/psychology. No one ever has a fukking normal conversation or line of dialogue. And the wife is definitely powered up on levels where she should be a celebrity with her level of analysis and skill...like you said, professor X shyt.

And many e I’m being narrow minded, but it seems like this black lawyer, her character was written as a white guy (or maybe chick) and the made the last minute audible to make her a black woman. The whole trust fund kid with presidential dreams...I guess

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It's hard watching the latest season
Because its not as fun any more, more of a downer

And I know Taylor has to lose and I like her

JLova

Veteran
Daps
this season was meh...last few episodes were good, though. Now on to season 3!

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this season was meh...last few episodes were good, though. Now on to season 3!
Seasons 2 n 3 were the best iirc, won't get better after that, but still an entertaining show with the occasional welltimed social commentary spot