Billions - Season 2 (Official Thread/Feb 19th)

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
"Season 3, Season 3, when the f!&k is season 3??"
anigif_enhanced-buzz-6766-1371491106-19.gif

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
This shyt is so goddamn good just started watching season 1

Thought the dominatrix was a prostitute in the opening series scene but it’s actually his wife

That’s hilarious and sweet

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is so goddamn good just started watching season 1

Thought the dominatrix was a prostitute in the opening series scene but it’s actually his wife

That’s hilarious and sweet
Thought it became better n better with each episode, enjoyed S2 even more. Lewis and Giamatti are on another level

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like how everyone has their faults but still somewhat loyal to their spouses

Instead of them just fukking hookers all over the place
All characters here are like that, no clear "villain" type except maybe two dudes in S2S but even those...can't spoil it. Anyway, character writing is hella nuanced

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
All characters here are like that, no clear "villain" type except maybe two dudes in S2S but even those...can't spoil it. Anyway, character writing is hella nuanced

I think when the first season started, they thought that Axe was the villain. Then as the story went on I think the writer's probably figured out that he didn't really do anything that would make the audience hate him. I think at first they wanted us to be mad about
Him making profit from stocks crashing on 9/11
but then the audience didn't even care about that because we all just thought of it as him being good at what he did. Plus, it was starting to get annoying how Axe would ALWAYS "win".

So, then they changed the show into a battle between two equal anti-heroes, and it got much better.

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
I think when the first season started, they thought that Axe was the villain. Then as the story went on I think the writer's probably figured out that he didn't really do anything that would make the audience hate him. I think at first they wanted us to be mad about
but then the audience didn't even care about that because we all just thought of it as him being good at what he did. Plus, it was starting to get annoying how Axe would ALWAYS "win".

So, then they changed the show into a battle between two equal anti-heroes, and it got much better.
Nah, think it was written 'layered' from the start; no clear winners or losers. An ole' head once said to me, 'everybody thinks what they do is for the best, even the man who works at the Gun factory!' Billions wanted to make everyone culpable but equally have valid points of view. :manny:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Got to stop you there. The show was about rivelery between axe and Chuck. It was only during season 2 did they reveal it was about old money vs new money.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Got to stop you there. The show was about rivelery between axe and Chuck. It was only during season 2 did they reveal it was about old money vs new money.

It was always about the rivalry between Axe and Chuck, but in the first season it was Axe (Bad with redeeming qualities) vs Chuck (Good, but flawed and perverted). Plus, Axe had the Supervillain ability to always be two steps ahead of the government and everyone else.

In the 2nd season, Axe and Chuck are equally anti-heroic/corrupt and equally intelligent.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was always about the rivalry between Axe and Chuck, but in the first season it was Axe (Bad with redeeming qualities) vs Chuck (Good, but flawed and perverted). Plus, Axe had the Supervillain ability to always be two steps ahead of the government and everyone else.

In the 2nd season, Axe and Chuck are equally anti-heroic/corrupt and equally intelligent.
I have to rewatch season 1 but I never got the idea that Chuck was good.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Good points, esp. those philosophies...monologues are FAR away from the real world, lots of times Billions reminds me of an opera/theatre piece

I know this is an old thread, and I'm catching up so I can watch season 3 but I had to document my thoughts real quick. I love this show but the dialog makes EVERYONE seem wayyyy smarter than they'd realistically be. There's no way the US attorney, his psychiatrist wife, Axe, Axes' top employees, the internal affairs guy, etc. are all that smart/strategic and witty.

Hell it's annoying how Chuck's wife is on some Professor X shyt. Someone will say a couple of sentences to her and she'll go, "You didn't eat breakfast today did you? That's because your father used to deny you Cinnamon Toast Crunch when you were 6." :dahell: