• Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don’t think more teams having a chance is a bad thing but I think it waters down the playoffs by having teams that really aren’t title worthy slip into the conference finals or finals.
Then we can’t ask for the play in. We can’t ask for so many teams in playoff contention, especially when those underdogs actually make it to a Finals, like Dallas and Miami (though let’s be real, nobody had a problem with 8 seeded Miami in the Finals. They were more welcome there than Denver.)

calh45

Cal
Daps
My biggest issue with Simmons point is comparing NBA CBA/business model to the NFL. The NFL has a perfect one that no one can touch or replicate. The NBA wish they could do half of what the NFL could do. The bottom line is that the owners in all sports want a salary cap to level the playing field for teams and to keep salaries in check to some degree. MLB will eventually have a cap like the NBA does imo

Yep. The NFL had the easiest fix too when they did run into CBA issues. They basically capped the rookie salaries to give more money to veterans. The vet minimum 20 years ago was $350k and now it's $960k. It has caused some issues with specific positions being "undervalued" because GMs don't know how to evaluate elite vs average to pay correctly, but that'll balance itself out.

They'll never get guaranteed like NBA players, but they got more money, pensions, and disability added to the CBA.

It's been said quite a few times. The NBA CBA is the result of cheap owners scared of Lacob going nuts because Chase Center is a cheat code for printing money while Steph is there.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I didn't read the specific or know what he's whining about this time, but I do agree with the notion about creating cores.

Watching cores blossom is what makes sports so great, at least to me. I loved to see how GM's built teams.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
its not about punishing teams for being smart it was protecting teams from being desperate and taking stupid risks ie the nets that set up the celtics current team.

they might have done too much but this is t because teams were making chess moves.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Orgs will adjust. It'll just take a few years. Internal development and scouting is gonna be priority going forward imo.

No the priority is gonna be how you balance ur team payroll...and realizing the NBA is no longer in 4-5 year cycles,every team overhauls its roster every 2 years now...

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
GOOD

NBA is the worse league for player development.

maybe those late to second round draft picks become more valuable

They will become much more valuable in the future now the the CBA is cutting out the middle class.....NBA Front offices are now realizing it makes no sense to pay role players/non stars inflated numbers when you can potentially draft 2nd round or late 1st round guys to do the same things much cheaper.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Yep. The NFL had the easiest fix too when they did run into CBA issues. They basically capped the rookie salaries to give more money to veterans. The vet minimum 20 years ago was $350k and now it's $960k. It has caused some issues with specific positions being "undervalued" because GMs don't know how to evaluate elite vs average to pay correctly, but that'll balance itself out.

They'll never get guaranteed like NBA players, but they got more money, pensions, and disability added to the CBA.

It's been said quite a few times. The NBA CBA is the result of cheap owners scared of Lacob going nuts because Chase Center is a cheat code for printing money while Steph is there.
They were more afraid of Ballmer. Dude is worth over $133 billion. He has more money than the rest of the owners combined.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are some great posters here

And some absolute idiots who shouldn’t even be allowed to have an opinion

Including the ignorant buffoon @CHICAGO who is a disgrace
who the fukk are you to judge post quality?

you are among the worst posters on this website that you claim to hate. not to mention a multi time exposed racist cracker.

i think even posters that have beef with CHICAGO would agree.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
MLB pretty much already has one. It’s why the Dodgers circumvented it with Ohtani and the Yankees sweat bullets looking at financials.

They ultimately want a salary floor and limit to level the playing field though. They don’t want a huge disparity between the Dodgers payroll and the Marlins.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
They were more afraid of Ballmer. Dude is worth over $133 billion. He has more money than the rest of the owners combined.
Ballmer was spending crazy but 1) he was reckless and 2) he made everybody money

Lacob said the quiet part out loud which was basically that they don't give a shyt about the repeater tax because they have an arena in SF that prints money and y'all don't.