Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters

taker597

Superstar
Daps
All it takes is a simple fix.

Bird Rights Max Contract vs FA Max contract should count the same against the cap.

Reward those team that kept their own stars by crediting salary over the FA Max threshold.

But this only applies to teams that originally draft said max eligible player.

Granted... Once this avenue gets exhausted. They'll be under the same salary crunch regardless. Apron rules kind of ridiculous, because they don't force you to lose talent. They just limit your ability to get talent.

So, if you got a dynasty in before the 2nd Apron. All you do is keep the core together and ride it out.

Apron rules work more as a deterrent on top of repeater tax. Which is getting excessive.

Just move to a hard cap and cut the bs.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
NBA fans are literally worse than a nagging bytch :mjlol: the only conversations that ever get elevated are those that include some sort of moaning and crying about something related to the sport. nikkas doing meltdowns over the 55th pick in a 58 man draft, nikkas talking about the TV deal going to go bad because of low ratings, fans actively begging for the owners to "punish" the players during labor negotiations lol... Ive never seen a worse audience for any of the major sports that hates their league more than NBA fans it's incessant and sad.

The worst supporters of their favorite league in all of sports. I just don't understand it.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Part of it is really because of people like him.

At the end of the day the NBA is a business that’s making billions.

The amount of changes that happens to the CBA is like every year at this point. The owners do dumb shyt or they don’t feel like giving money to the players that’s what it really comes down to because in 2005 the players received 57% of the revenue and today it’s 51%.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Cac is just mad to see the players getting paid huge money and masking it with this garbage take

I don't think that's true. He talks basketball 100x more than any other sport. He's also just as rich as a lot of the top end stars, I don't think it's a money thing.

It might be the wrong messenger but the message is correct. Teams shouldn't be penalized for drafting well.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Owners and players don't want less games

They need to do a better job to reward those who draft well somehow
No one wants less games because less money and revenue that comes along with it for everyone involved including the cities and people that work conessions at the stadium.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Cac is just mad to see the players getting paid huge money and masking it with this garbage take

I don’t think he’s really mad about that. Simmons produced 30-for-30 Broke, he knows most of these dudes are gonna blow it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Didn't they have have a team that kept it's nucleus together for over a decade and it ended because of whatever circumstance. Players have been disgruntled and shown diva behavior because of #ringz for a long ass time. People have been screaming for less games, but owners aren't doing it.

But we all know this rant is about the Celtics being penalized down the road for the Tatum and Brown contracts. He's going to be whining when they actually have to make their scouts and GMs work harder to find cheap talent to put around them.
That was always the case anyways even before this new CBA. Teams for the most part just do a shytty job at it if they don't get lucky in the lottery.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
This makes NO fukking sense. In what planet is more teams/fanbases being able to win a bad thing ? Only people who would be against this would be fans of teams such as…Boston or The Laker i.e teams who have a history of winning and don’t want to have a situation were there are more legit challengers..this isn’t a “this is bad for the league” situation..it’s is a this is bad for “me” scenario.

The other group that would find issue with this would be the “fan of the league “ crew …also known as nikkas that dikkride winners.

You think Hornets/Wizards/Pelicans/Jazz/Kings fans would look at parity and say “no I don’t want my team to have a better chance of winning “. It’s stupid.

The example of the Nuggets don’t even make sense…they won one ring then loss in the second round…how tf is THAT gonna be impossible moving forward

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I wish TV-ratings only went to those that they actually are relevant for, internal decision makers and analysts. Cause the reason half of the people are complaining is because the (US) ratings, that have nothing to do with them, sucks.

It would be like complaining about the new iPhone if iPhone sales were down, but you personally like the phone. And then go on and complain about the phone because Samsung is selling more (but you don’t really like the Samsung).

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
simmons is a goofy fakkot shyt was all good when ray allen and kg were jumping around

mfs dont wanna play in midwest cac cities for fakkot fans that were cheering for hitler to gas bill simmons grandparents a century ago but Simmons hopes just cuz goofy tanking OKC got the lottery pick they own JW nem for life now

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't like Bill but I agree this parity era is not as fun. officiating also as bad as it has been in the past two decades, and I can't help but think legalized gambling is playing a huge role in this.

expect the other shoe to drop soon.:manny:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This makes NO fukking sense. In what planet is more teams/fanbases being able to win a bad thing ? Only people who would be against this would be fans of teams such as…Boston or The Laker i.e teams who have a history of winning and don’t want to have a situation were there are more legit challengers..this isn’t a “this is bad for the league” situation..it’s is a this is bad for “me” scenario.

If he other group that would find issue with this would be the “fan of the league “ crew …also known as nikkas that dikkride winners.

You think Hornets/Wizards/Pelicans/Jazz/Kings fans would look at parity and say “no I don’t want my team to have a better chance of winning “. It’s stupid.

The example of the Nuggets don’t even make sense…they won one ring then loss in the second round…how tf is THAT gonna be impossible moving forward
Because of the 2nd apron. Salaries are going to continue to increase across the league, so you're going to have situations where teams will have to let players walk for salary reasons just like the Nuggets had to with KCP.

People keeping pointing to MPJ's contract, while overlooking they still were going to have to pay KCP and Gordon and market value while also filling out the bench.

If you aren't good at drafting and player development, then you're going to struggle to win under this new CBA.