• Yes

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
While he’s right, he was crying about the Heatles and the Warriors teams as much as anyone.

But I’ve always said we all want to see dynasties. It’s what makes the NBA great.

The Heatles was not a home grown team

I don’t remember him complaining about the warriors tho, only when they exposed the cap hike and got Durant

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
I don't think that's true. He talks basketball 100x more than any other sport. He's also just as rich as a lot of the top end stars, I don't think it's a money thing.

It might be the wrong messenger but the message is correct. Teams shouldn't be penalized for drafting well.
I saw the messenger and went into my cac bag :manny:

It’s still fukk him and @KevJ though :mjlit:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
nikkas like simmons dont know what they want. when teams with money spent it and kept stars on one team(ie Golden State), they complained. Now the league make it near impossible for teams to afford more than 1 superstars, hes complaining. Make up your mind nikka :dahell:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Because of the 2nd apron. Salaries are going to continue to increase across the league, so you're going to have situations where teams will have to let players walk for salary reasons just like the Nuggets had to with KCP.

People keeping pointing to MPJ's contract, while overlooking they still were going to have to pay KCP and Gordon and market value while also filling out the bench.

If you aren't good at drafting and player development, then you're going to struggle to win under this new CBA.
Who gives a fukk what they have to pay. The nuggets valuation as a team have gone up over a billion dollars in the last decade.

Kroenke family is up at least a billion on one basketball team they own but they out here getting talking heads like Bill Simmons to try and convince the public that aint no way they can pay x amount in penalties to keep KCP? shyt makes 0 fukking sense.

It wasn't the second apron that made Denver not want to keep KCP. Denver just didn't want to keep KCP.

Joe Lacob bought the warriors for less than 500 million. They are worth BILLIONS now. But he trying to convince you that the tax they would have had to pay for keeping Klay Thompson was just to punitive.

The spots pysops is amazing. Cacs like Bill Simmons have somehow convinced people that familes with Billions of dollars who own companies worth billions of dollars somehow can't spend tens of millions or hundreds of millions to keep a team together.

And Parity has proven to be how almost every league makes the most money. It's how you reach the most fans. Silvers job is to do whats best for all 30 teams, not the Celtics and Lakers. When the Pacers are trash, a Pacers fan doesn't magically become a Lakers fan and watch laker games and go to laker games and buy laker players jerseys...they just don't watch basketball at all. It's just money lost. So as a business, and before an nba team is anything else it's a business, it's to the nba's benefit for the Pacers to at least be good enough that people want to watch them, want to attend their games, local broadcast stations want to pay a lot for their games, and advertisers want to pay to advertise their products during their game.

Every other thread about the nba is how they are doing something wrong. And then every financial document that comes out is how the nba made the most money ever and teams are worth the most money ever. Cac Simmons is complaining just to complain.

"The league is in such terrible shape that Amazon is trying to pay billinos of dollars for 45 games":mjcry:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
My biggest issue with Simmons point is comparing NBA CBA/business model to the NFL. The NFL has a perfect one that no one can touch or replicate. The NBA wish they could do half of what the NFL could do. The bottom line is that the owners in all sports want a salary cap to level the playing field for teams and to keep salaries in check to some degree. MLB will eventually have a cap like the NBA does imo

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
This makes NO fukking sense. In what planet is more teams/fanbases being able to win a bad thing ? Only people who would be against this would be fans of teams such as…Boston or The Laker i.e teams who have a history of winning and don’t want to have a situation were there are more legit challengers..this isn’t a “this is bad for the league” situation..it’s is a this is bad for “me” scenario.

If he other group that would find issue with this would be the “fan of the league “ crew …also known as nikkas that dikkride winners.

You think Hornets/Wizards/Pelicans/Jazz/Kings fans would look at parity and say “no I don’t want my team to have a better chance of winning “. It’s stupid.

The example of the Nuggets don’t even make sense…they won one ring then loss in the second round…how tf is THAT gonna be impossible moving forward
I don’t think more teams having a chance is a bad thing but I think it waters down the playoffs by having teams that really aren’t title worthy slip into the conference finals or finals.