Big Face Culture: Miami Heat 2023-2024 season thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
On the positive side, I like what I’ve seen from both Jaquez and Jovic.

Bam has looked good on offense but he has to get those rebound numbers up. Also it’s baffling how he still doesn’t shoot 3s. He’s got good form and it would open up the offense more against guys like Gobert and Lopez

I don’t need Bam to be shooting 3s. We have enough 3 point shooters on this team. Just a respectable midrange jumpshot will do.

I think his rebounding numbers have been low because last night he had to face a twin-tower combination of Gobert and Townsend and without Jimmy he had to focus more on scoring. If you notice the first to games he had 8 and 7 rebounds respectively.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Bam has looked good on offense but he has to get those rebound numbers up. Also it’s baffling how he still doesn’t shoot 3s. He’s got good form and it would open up the offense more against guys like Gobert and Lopez

I don’t need Bam to be shooting 3s. We have enough 3 point shooters on this team. Just a respectable midrange jumpshot will do.

I think his rebounding numbers have been low because last night he had to face a twin-tower combination of Gobert and Townsend and without Jimmy he had to focus more on scoring. If you notice the first to games he had 8 and 7 rebounds respectively.
I need to see Bam and the front court improve as shot blockers. Last year’s team was dead last in blocked shots. It’s not a be-all/end-all metric to judge a defense by, but you definitely don’t want your team to be the worst in the league at it.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami

Who are the 3 point shooters? They finished towards the bottom of the league in 3% last year and lost Strus and Vincent who were 2 of the better 3 pt shooters on the team.

We’ve got Robinson and Herro as the only reliable ones. Love and Lowry will be inconsistent. Same with Martin and J-Rich. Jovic and Jaquez are unproven.

This is just the way the league is. You need 4-5 guys that can spread the floor at any given time. With Bam and Jimmy (until he goes ham in the playoffs) they have 2 non-threats in their main 5. Guys like Naz Reid out here killing us hitting 4 3s last night

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California

When i saw Jovic get the rebound & push it/ one-man fast break & score just like he did in summer league & the world cup i was:blessed:we need more easy baskets like that

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
8 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers, and 4 fouls from Lowry. They keep getting next to nothing from the spot that’s supposed to run the offense.
Tho are not 30-million-dollar numbers but ok decent numbers problem is Jimmy being 4-11 & not being aggressive knowing Bam is out especially after the whole blowing kisses to the crowd in Minn after they chanted were Jimmy & he decided to just chill tonight

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
There it is again. Blown a 16 point 2nd half lead at home and have a stretch of 9 points in 7 minutes. They just can’t finish teams off and make open shots. They gotta do something because this roster isn’t gonna cut it.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So 5 games in and I think they’ve blown a double digit lead in all 5 games with 4 of them being in the second half. Blew a 19 point 2nd half lead vs the team that had the worst record in the league last year. Just entirely incapable of finishing teams when they’re on the ropes. Could easily be 0-5 right now. I’m starting to get bad vibes about this season and where it’s headed.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
So 5 games in and I think they’ve blown a double digit lead in all 5 games with 4 of them being in the second half. Blew a 19 point 2nd half lead vs the team that had the worst record in the league last year. Just entirely incapable of finishing teams when they’re on the ropes. Could easily be 0-5 right now. I’m starting to get bad vibes about this season and where it’s headed.
Bullshyt ref call with the Lonnie Walker play but the game shouldn't have even got to that point if they could make same shots
Like you said they had a double digit lead & blew it

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
Jaquez 0-6
Robinson 2-8
Richardson 1-5

3 - 19 between the three of them with Richardson & Robinson getting big fourth quarter minutes not going to win with this type of 3 point shooting number

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Bullshyt ref call with the Lonnie Walker play but the game shouldn't have even got to that point if they could make same shots
Like you said they had a double digit lead & blew it

Jaquez 0-6
Robinson 2-8
Richardson 1-5

3 - 19 between the three of them with Richardson & Robinson getting big fourth quarter minutes not going to win with this type of 3 point shooting number
So far it seems that their biggest problem is a lack of someone who can fully take over the game. 29th in shooting percentage inside the arc, 19th in rebounding (22nd in defensive rebounding), 28th in shot blocking, & 18th in assists. Same struggles as last year so far.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
So far it seems that their biggest problem is a lack of someone who can fully take over the game. 29th in shooting percentage inside the arc, 19th in rebounding (22nd in defensive rebounding), 28th in shot blocking, & 18th in assists. Same struggles as last year so far.
Tyler been trying with all the shots he been taking to take these games over thing is everything is jumper
He don't have the attack the basket get dudes is foul trouble go to the free throw line type of game it's a steady diet of jumpers/3s