Biden wants your guns " What the hell ya need 20 bullets for? You must be a hell of a terrible shot"

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cops go through training and mental evaluations. Thats all we should require. Annual gun safety classes, and a clean mental record/criminal record.

The problem is they really don't.

They pass the psych test 1 time to become LEO. There's not additional evaluations 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, 15, 20. Even after a critical incident there's no re-evaluation to make sure they're mentally or emotionally stable enough to continue working in the best manner, just a screening to which they deem fit for one to go back on the streets.

They some departments have bi annual testing for shooting others have just annual. 3 targets, 5 shots. That's it.

Unless your swat certified, which most aren't.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The problem is they really don't.

They pass the psych test 1 time to become LEO. There's not additional evaluations 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, 15, 20. Even after a critical incident there's no re-evaluation to make sure they're mentally or emotionally stable enough to continue working in the best manner, just a screening to which they deem fit for one to go back on the streets.

They some departments have bi annual testing for shooting others have just annual. 3 targets, 5 shots. That's it.

Unless your swat certified, which most aren't.
Thats fine with me, as far as civilians go. Most of us aren't going through traumatic shootings every other year or so anyways. One initial screening would be enough i think the weed out the most sus individuals. Maybe just require additional screenings if you actually survive a self defense shooting.

But you make a good point as for as cops are concerned. We don't need jaded trigger happy police out there either, so they should have annual evals

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
O are we doing the disingenuous questioning thing? Ok here’s my answer to that

This is literally all that matters^^^^

Men lie, women lie, numbers don’t
you've fallen for yet another lie, there's no such thing as an "assault weapon." in fact josh sugarmann, who invented the term stated himself he did so to deceive people into supporting broad gun bans. here it is straight from his mouth: The Violence Policy Center - Assault Weapons and Accessories in America
The issue of handgun restriction consistently remains a non-issue with the vast majority of legislators, the press, and public. Assault weapons—just like armor-piercing bullets, machine guns, and plastic firearms—are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons—anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun—can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions. Assault weapons are often viewed the same way as machine guns and "plastic" firearms—a weapon that poses such a grave risk that it's worth compromising a perceived constitutional right.

ro khanna got the stat you quoted from louis klarevas and his discredited book rampage nation. the reason serious studies on this topic aren't done is because almost nobody is killed by rifles (much less scary black ones), making the numbers too small for social science to bring accurate knowledge about the topic: The Assault Weapon Myth - Sunday Review - The New York Times

one topic that does have a large enough data set to study and a nexus with mass shootings is gun free zones, turns out almost all mass shootings occur in them: Crime Research Prevention Center: Mass Public Shootings keep occurring in Gun-Free Zones: 94% of attacks since 1950

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
you've fallen for yet another lie, there's no such thing as an "assault weapon." in fact josh sugarmann, who invented the term stated himself he did so to deceive people into supporting broad gun bans. here it is straight from his mouth: The Violence Policy Center - Assault Weapons and Accessories in America

ro khanna got the stat you quoted from louis klarevas and his discredited book rampage nation. the reason serious studies on this topic aren't done is because almost nobody is killed by rifles (much less scary black ones), making the numbers too small for social science to bring accurate knowledge about the topic: The Assault Weapon Myth - Sunday Review - The New York Times

one topic that does have a large enough data set to study and a nexus with mass shootings is gun free zones, turns out almost all mass shootings occur in them: UPDATED: Mass Public Shootings keep occurring in Gun-Free Zones: 94% of attacks since 1950
These semantical arguments do nothing to help convince people.

assault rifles, Armelite Rifles, Sporting Rifles. who cares? It's disingenous as best, condescending at the worst.

These weapons aren't for sport, they are designed for killing. Nobody is competing with a cheap ass M&P sport at a 3 gun competition. You would lose every round.

Armalite went out of business in 1980, they are a gun company not a type of gun. you do not own any armalite products. If Glock shutdown, nobody would start calling all semi auto striker fired pistols glocks.

Assault is not some trigger word(no pun) that is causing all of this political bs around gun regulation. it's just the name it's known by most under. If you changed the name to teletubby hug rifles, the debate would still be ongoing.
The only reason gun companies are particular about terminology is because it allows for loopholes in manufacturing, a pistol vs sbr, vs firearm technicalities. Using that same angle to try to be political about it is pointless and actually harmful to pro 2nd amendment causes. You are not winning any debate by trying to make guns less scary. I like my guns scary.

Last edited:
Daps

assault rifles, Armelite Rifles, Sporting Rifles. who cares? It's disingenous as best, condescending at the worst.
These weapons aren't for sport, they are designed for killing. Nobody is competing with a cheap ass M&P sport at a 3 gun competition. You would lose every round.
Armalite went out of business in 1980, they are a gun company not a type of gun. you do not own any armalite products. If Glock shutdown, nobody would start calling all semi auto striker fired pistols glocks.
assault is not some trigger word(no pun) that is causing all of this political bs around gun regulation. it's just the name it's known by most under. If you changed the name to teletubby hug rifles, the debate would still be ongoing.

The only reason gun companies are particular about terminology is because it allows for loopholes in manufacturing, a pistol vs sbr, vs firearm technicalities. Using that same angle to try to be political about it is pointless and actually harmful to pro 2nd amendment causes. You are not winning any debate by trying to make guns less scary. I like my guns scary.
I have an extreme hatred for the people who think they need an assault weapon. Open carry and ownership of assault weapons are just dumb as fukk.

If a pistol or shotgun in your home isn’t enough you’re either a criminal or a psycho

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England

Armalite went out of business in 1980, they are a gun company not a type of gun. you do not own any armalite products.
assault is not some trigger word that a causing all of this political bs around gun regulation. it's just the name it's known by most under. If you changed the name to teletubby hug rifles, the debate would still be ongoing. The only reason gun companies are particular about terminology is because it allows for loopholes in manufacturing, a pistol vs sbr, vs firearm technicalities. Using that same angle to try to be political about it is pointing and actually harmful to pro 2nd amendment causes.
i don't really care about semantics either and largely agree with you, i just found it pretty amusing that he said the bit about numbers don't lie when the entire basis of the number is a proud lie in and of itself

maybe i should've gone with a morality based argument, like any amount of mass shootings is worth it to preserve the right to effective self-defense :pachaha:

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have an extreme hatred for the people who think they need an assault weapon. Open carry and ownership of assault weapons are just dumb as fukk.

If a pistol or shotgun in your home isn’t enough you’re either a criminal or a psycho

I own an AR because it's one of the easiest firearms for a person to pick up and learn how to shoot with. Far less intimidating than a handgun and actually easier to point and shoot on a target than one. Also the recoil and force it generates isn't as concussive as a standard shotgun. I use that and a .22 to help people learn how to shoot.

The self defense aspect of firearms intrigues me coming from a martial arts background. I shoot my pistols more than my rifle but I gotta say I have used my rifle to go hog hunting with and you DO need 30 round capacity to deal with the droves of hogs you see in Texas land. I think I will buy a shotgun next for clay shooting.

I do my best to try and curb the idea that gun ownership is bad. Not only as an individual who sees pushback at every corner of the notion of gun ownership but also being a Black American. If we knew our history more we'd embrace gun ownership more instead of being afraid of it and saying it's not for us. Many of our ancestors used firearms for hunting and self defense but it's never mentioned.

I agree with everyone that people should train more. In Black Gun Culture I see more people interested in collecting firearms than training unfortunately. That's largely due to it actually taking TIME to hone a skill. You will not be proficient immediately. Plus I also see the general pushback is that there aren't enough of "us" out there in terms of instructors or ranges. Well we should change that.

Funny though even my enthusiasm of training is intimidating to the casual :mjlol:but I strive to be a good responsible citizen and gun owner.:manny:

Daps
i don't really care about semantics either and largely agree with you, i just found it pretty amusing that he said the bit about numbers don't lie when the entire basis of the number is a proud lie in and of itself

maybe i should've gone with a morality based argument, like any amount of mass shootings is worth it to preserve the right to effective self-defense :pachaha:
I couldn’t imagine arguing a well actually when we live in a country with the worst gun problem in the first world. It’s stupid and pointless. I don’t really get that people would push back on legislation of high powered weaponry. It’s the definition of American stupidity. We have a serious issue with guns and there’s no good argument against that or some new gun laws.

I realize I’m on TLR and most of y’all lack common sense nor do you give a shyt about ur fellow man but I’m fukking sick of this and it never should’ve gotten to this point. And this is all white peoples fault too

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

The main argument for using an ar15 over a pistol or a shotgun is that it is easier and safer to use than both of those guns.

The average person can't hit the broadside of a barn with pistol without training. That makes it a danger to bystanders and yourself. Takes far more expertise to master than a long gun

Shotguns can be complicated to use especially in the heat of the moment. you might short shuck it and not load the next round, plus the recoil is very heavy and therefore not very fun to train with and hard to master.

Plus both the pistol and the shotgun over penetrate more than an ar15 which is dangerous to your neighbors.

and Ar15 has high capcity and low recoil. Meaning more accurate less time having to reload. Plus the round travels so fast that it pretty much explodes inside soft tissue so less of a danger of over penetration.

Daps
The main argument for using an ar15 over a pistol or a shotgun is that it is easier and safer to use than both of those guns.

The average person can't hit the broadside of a barn with pistol without training. That makes it a danger to bystanders and yourself. Takes far more expertise to master than a long gun

Shotguns can be complicated to use especially in the heat of the moment. you might short shuck it and not load the next round, plus the recoil is very heavy and therefore not very fun to train with and hard to master.

Plus both the pistol and the shotgun over penetrate more than an ar15 which is dangerous to your neighbors.

and Ar15 has high capcity and low recoil. Meaning more accurate less time having to reload. Plus the round travels so fast that it pretty much explodes inside soft tissue so less of a danger of over penetration.
I don’t care, regular people shouldn’t own these guns. I’m appalled people are ok with this. I feel like I live in a crazy world. The rest of the first world thinks we’re nuts and people here shrug their shoulders over all this death. Why are we ok with all these people dying?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don’t care, regular people shouldn’t own these guns. I’m appalled people are ok with this. I feel like I live in a crazy world

Have you shot one?

Again as I mentioned before, people say that people shouldn't own these guns, but they tend to interject themselves as the average gun owner.

Some gun owners are elderly, disabled, women, etc or lack the dexterity or motor skills to handle certain firearms. That's why there's a variety of them out there.

People defending themselves shouldn't be a politicized issue but rather a human rights issue.

Now the idea of mental health checks, etc I do agree. I also am an advocate of more training since some aspects of gun culture are frankly immature.

Daps
Have you shot one?
That’s not what it’s about and of course I’ve used guns before hell I’ve used a fukking M1 Grande I’m a fukking leftist.

The only thing that matters is peoples lives and y’all taking about stuff that doesn’t matter