Bevel took a huge L in its sale to Proctor & Gamble.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The companies did not disclose the financial terms of the deal, but a person familiar with the details told Recode that investors recouped the majority, but not all, of the nearly $40 million they invested in Walker and Company. That means Procter & Gamble paid somewhere between $20 million and $40 million for the startup.

Procter & Gamble has acquired the startup aiming to build the Procter & Gamble for people of color

Dollar Shave Club was acquired by Unilever for 1 billion in September.:whew:

I never got dollar shave club. The razor prices are about the same if you get the equivalent types that were already on the market. You probably pay even more since now you're locked into some kind of subscription service.

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Tristan took an L. I knew it wasn’t going to last when black barbers started rejecting it. He should have given barbers with certifications a significant discount and formed some sort of social group for them to interact. Barbers used to be looked at as elite in black communities. He should have brought that back. Have Bevel endorsed barbers in every city.

He got a position with the company so he’s good.

Because ppl think blacks are stupid and will support shyt just because you put a black face as a figurehead. We sniff out shyt that isnt organic.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bevel was limited in supply and expensive. $200 for a set of clippers that does exactly what the Andis T-Liner does? Nah. Only one Target in NYC carried it at one point.

I do know barbers that co-signed it, but couldn't justify investing in one.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I never got dollar shave club. The razor prices are about the same if you get the equivalent types that were already on the market. You probably pay even more since now you're locked into some kind of subscription service.
That shyt was working. Guess they capitalized on people being lazy. Tristians problem (the Black problem) is that the market is slim for his product based on how economically disadvantaged cacs have made Black men. Hell he couldn't even sell the company to another Black person at a decent price for himself. We lack brothers with serious paper. Asians can sell companies to each other, Indians can, and of course cacs who've thrown hurdles in the game for everyone but mostly put the pressure on us and in turn other groups did the same to their Black populations.

We gotta push the entrepreneur spirit amongst the youth. Cats need to start pooling money together because that's how this game works. Cacs won't fund anything Black in fear that shyt blows the fukk up. Even though they'll get good ass returns they hate the thought of a Black person making serious billions who can then turn around and be the bank for other Black entrepreneurs that they rather ignore anyone coming through trying to get funded.

Dude Freddy Figgers the only Black person with a mobile phone company and he got it started at 25. We need to be putting money towards that. I read his company is worth 60 million and it's only 4 years old. Bout to switch phone services since his offering 4 lines for $120 and I'm currently paying $180 with Tmobile. Dudes were clowning him a few years ago but his company been growing on the low. Plus they manufacture their own phones.
He's a real smart cat and his story is amazing for a cat who was abandoned at birth.

Dont@Me

😡
Daps
I hope breh profits somehow someway in the long run if he didn't already

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
That shyt was working. Guess they capitalized on people being lazy. Tristians problem (the Black problem) is that the market is slim for his product based on how economically disadvantaged cacs have made Black men. Hell he couldn't even sell the company to another Black person at a decent price for himself. We lack brothers with serious paper. Asians can sell companies to each other, Indians can, and of course cacs who've thrown hurdles in the game for everyone but mostly put the pressure on us and in turn other groups did the same to their Black populations.

We gotta push the entrepreneur spirit amongst the youth. Cats need to start pooling money together because that's how this game works. Cacs won't fund anything Black in fear that shyt blows the fukk up. Even though they'll get good ass returns they hate the thought of a Black person making serious billions who can then turn around and be the bank for other Black entrepreneurs that they rather ignore anyone coming through trying to get funded.

Dude Freddy Figgers the only Black person with a mobile phone company and he got it started at 25. We need to be putting money towards that. I read his company is worth 60 million and it's only 4 years old. Bout to switch phone services since his offering 4 lines for $120 and I'm currently paying $180 with Tmobile. Dudes were clowning him a few years ago but his company been growing on the low. Plus they manufacture their own phones.
He's a real smart cat and his story is amazing for a cat who was abandoned at birth.

Home - Figgers Communications