Bevel took a huge L in its sale to Proctor & Gamble.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
If Taxstone was still free he probably could've sold it for $1bn :mjcry:
You beat me to the punch. Bevel advertising on the Loud Speakers Network podcast platforms was a great move. I first heard about the company that way.

I wanted to support, but couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a trimmer

*though I did feel like a sellout the first time I used my t-outliner after hearing the Bevel ads
heheheheeeeheheeeheh

I've been using Andis(and wahl) since I started shaving. Outside of making the Outliners out of cheaper and flimsier materials through the years....Andis hasn't done much with that product for decades.

When I saw the cordless Andis outliner joint at store, and at the same price point

images

...I knew that they were directly biting, and that he'd sell the company soon.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shoutout to all the nikkas who called us c00ns for saying he should’ve sold for $500 million back in 2015. Never change Coli :mjlol:

Man Turns Down A Half Billion Dollar Buyout Of His Company To Stay Black Owned
Don't know if he was really offered 500mil, but anyone who thought "they offered that so it must be worth more" is a moron. A lemonade stand for me might be worth $50 a day during the summer for me. Just because someone offers me $2000 for the name doesn't mean I should be seeing that or more a day. That means with their resources, they remove me as a potential competitor and can expand my business with resources I did not have. The scale is obviously totally different, but the rule still applies.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
I remember hearing about the $500 millions offer back then and heard the reasoning the company could be worth north a billi
if he really sold now for $40M instead then it's a coLossaL

FreddyCalhoun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
$40 million seed money was raised for the company but was only acquired for..$40 mill. :francis:

Like 2 years ago dude Tristan who owns the company said some company was trying to acquire it for $500 million but he turned them down.:mjcry:

Boyce puts his Economics hat on and breaks it down. SMH

You can't wear a shirt to suppose black businesses while tearing down another black business owner.

This dude is a fukking loser for this...

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need something cause Andis is such trash. i have two non working T-Outliner right now and replacement blades I bought from Amazon.

I used the last one I bought ONCE and then it stopped working.

But then the Bevel prices are ridiculous.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
We need something cause Andis is such trash. i have two non working T-Outliner right now and replacement blades I bought from Amazon.

Andis fell the hell off. Dudes gotta do all these crazy mods just to have clippers that work :mjlol:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He’ll be okay.

If he was smart enough to build one company he can build a second one. Do NOT listen to these dumb #ADOS nikkas next time though. Their ideology does not mix with business. If someone offers you $1 billion or $500 million, you take that money. You secure your future. Then start more businesses and you can hold those businesses forever now that you got a war chest. Business ideas are like rap lyrics. You’ll never run out of them. People who don’t think that is true are just not business minded.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The reality is this was not a black owned business. It was a Black run business.

VC is almost entirely white. Horowitz Capital frm is where got most of the money from. He didnt take many loans. He was a black man, who developed a black product, bankrolled by white money.

That isnt necessarily bad considering the options but he had the smallest stake in the company so its normal that hed be the last one paid when it gets sold. And thats how it happens with most startups. They give away most of the company while raising capital and never have the chance to buy back equity.
It was Black-owned in that he owned majority shares of the company.
He also had board control.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Its like $17 a month.

The trimmer is definitely more expensive.