Bevel took a huge L in its sale to Proctor & Gamble.

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
Broke niccas judging a dude that went out there and made REAL MOVES and made his paper :mjlol:

This place is amazing

lib123

All Star
Daps
The other thing hurting Tristan is rumors that he shunned fellow black investors/entrepreneurs and tried the bully approach. And I can buy that given who he was aligned with and where his money came from

Interesting. Where did you hear that he shunned other black entrepreneurs?

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Interesting. Where did you hear that he shunned other black entrepreneurs?

From brehs in the tech startup community. Rumor was that Tristan wasn't trying to be part of a collective and wanted to be the big dawg and shunned any collaboration. It's a weird thing because Tristan is a silicon valley darling and the only black one people know. I'm guessing he didn't want to share that spotlight. But yeah the rumor is that there was definitely people who were black that wanted to come to the table and eliminate the need to sell to a cac conglomerate but here we are.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
From brehs in the tech startup community. Rumor was that Tristan wasn't trying to be part of a collective and wanted to be the big dawg and shunned any collaboration. It's a weird thing because Tristan is a silicon valley darling and the only black one people know. I'm guessing he didn't want to share that spotlight. But yeah the rumor is that there was definitely people who were black that wanted to come to the table and eliminate the need to sell to a cac conglomerate but here we are.

I remember last Election dude was going hard for Republicans so I assume he is 'one of those types' (not to say Democrats are worth a damn but usually anyone who is a self proclaimed Republican is already lost).

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The other thing hurting Tristan is rumors that he shunned fellow black investors/entrepreneurs and tried the bully approach. And I can buy that given who he was aligned with and where his money came from
I doubt it.
They assumed because he was an AA man getting support for his company that it’s all hands on deck with every other Black entrepreneur in the world, meanwhile he’s still grappling with the logistics of his own company.
I’ve met a lot of people like that, they assume you’re going instantly hold them down.
If they want support, go to Robert F. Smith, a billionaire VC owner, don’t go to the guy whose still developing his startup.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I doubt it.
They assumed because he was an AA man getting support for his company that it’s all hands on deck with every other Black entrepreneur in the world, meanwhile he’s still grappling with the logistics of his own company.
I’ve met a lot of people like that, they assume you’re going instantly hold them down.
If they want support, go to Robert F. Smith, a billionaire VC owner, don’t go to the guy whose still developing his startup.

I don't think it was about support. It was more along the lines of "I see you're doing your thing. I got a thing I'm doing over here as well. We should pool resources and grow the black entrepreneurial presence out here."

lib123

All Star
Daps
I don't think it was about support. It was more along the lines of "I see you're doing your thing. I got a thing I'm doing over here as well. We should pool resources and grow the black entrepreneurial presence out here."

That’s real but that’s hard to do if you’re relying on external money. Bevel was probably burning/losing money, hence the acquisition below what was raised.