Bevel took a huge L in its sale to Proctor & Gamble.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
He’ll be okay.

If he was smart enough to build one company he can build a second one. Do NOT listen to these dumb #ADOS nikkas next time though. Their ideology does not mix with business. If someone offers you $1 billion or $500 million, you take that money. You secure your future. Then start more businesses and you can hold those businesses forever now that you got a war chest. Business ideas are like rap lyrics. You’ll never run out of them. People who don’t think that is true are just not business minded.
I'm not sure how many of you guys go back that far, but there was HUGE backlash when Robert Johnson sold BET to Viacom.
HUGE. He had to hold townhall meetings and air them on BET because of the backlash.

Anyway, he was able to leverage that into being majority owner of an NBA team and all the moves he's made since then.

To go back even further there was backlash when Black owned haircare products and lines sold to larger companies.

I understood both sides of the issues..Black ownership and legacy vs building brand and then cashing out.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You can't wear a shirt to suppose black businesses while tearing down another black business owner.

This dude is a fukking loser for this...
Funny thing about this dude is broke and depend on internet donations to live. Plus the exact figure was never released.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
He’ll be okay.

If he was smart enough to build one company he can build a second one. Do NOT listen to these dumb #ADOS nikkas next time though. Their ideology does not mix with business. If someone offers you $1 billion or $500 million, you take that money. You secure your future. Then start more businesses and you can hold those businesses forever now that you got a war chest. Business ideas are like rap lyrics. You’ll never run out of them. People who don’t think that is true are just not business minded.
Man shut yo TCN ass the fukk up

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure how many of you guys go back that far, but there was HUGE backlash when Robert Johnson sold BET to Viacom.
HUGE. He had to hold townhall meetings and air them on BET because of the backlash.

Anyway, he was able to leverage that into being majority owner of an NBA team and all the moves he's made since then.

To go back even further there was backlash when Black owned haircare products and lines sold to larger companies.

I understood both sides of the issues..Black ownership and legacy vs building brand and then cashing out.

People are retarded and suffer from scarcity mentality. They think it’s like winning the lottery so they’re scared that selling a business means you can’t have another one. If you got what it takes to build one company with no money since you was broke the first time, how can you not start more businesses with $500 million? The game should be on easy mode at that point. Warren Buffett sold his first little company. Or more precisely, he closed his partnership fund out. ADOS would’ve told him to stay doing his little partnership fund instead of taking that bread to buy Berkshire :mjlol: These cats can’t see the forest for the trees.

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Don’t confuse your miserable existence with everyone else’s. Not all black people are slaving away for the man and not all of us envy nas or want his life. Ain’t he ducking domestic abuse aligations. Do you hit women as well?

Look at this blah blah chatty patty nonsense. Sounds like you have some beneficial financial n attorney advice for nasir. Hit his ass up o wise one..

lib123

All Star
Daps
It all begins and ends with our collective mindset. Enough of us aren't serious about institutional wealth building. Even the recent rise in pro-black wealth seems mostly superficial. Not enough of us want to put in the work.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
He’ll be okay.

how dahell you blame ADOS for a business decision:what:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how dahell you blame ADOS for a business decision:what:

ADOS/militants were the main ones in the other thread saying black business owners were c00ns for selling their companies to the white man. It’s a complete lack of business sense and logic. Like homie can’t start more businesses :heh: Now he took a major L. He’ll come back from it but he took a major L listening to people with that mindset. He could’ve been Dr. Dre rich right now.

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
ADOS/militants were the main ones in the other thread saying black business owners were c00ns for selling their companies to the white man. It’s a complete lack of business sense and logic. Like homie can’t start more businesses :heh: Now he took a major L. He’ll come back from it but he took a major L listening to people with that mindset. He could’ve been Dr. Dre rich right now.
you really gonna blame ados for a business decison from a corp that was formed before the term ados existed due to a few threads on an obscure website huh

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you really gonna blame ados for a business decison from a corp that was formed before the term ados existed due to a few threads on an obscure website huh

Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram aren’t obscure. He made his own decisions but I know he had people in his ear telling him not to sell to the white man.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I don't like the name of the company. Respect n success to him though

Yeah I know that's his real name but it's terrible and leaves the product wide open for jokes. :snoop:

I saw an ad on IG and someone had to spell out that it was his last name and not a play on words.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The other thing hurting Tristan is rumors that he shunned fellow black investors/entrepreneurs and tried the bully approach. And I can buy that given who he was aligned with and where his money came from