• Total voters

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I don't think TNG would've had Geord killing Troi in a hologram as a rage experiment. They had him become a brainwashed assassin, but didn't do anything with it after the episode.

Voyager was both light and dark and did them both well considering the circumstances. The darkest TNG got was existential threats to the Federation, which were mostly linear 2 part episodes. When TNG was on its game, it was like okay, nice, unless you're a kid.

They also learned from Data and not tried to make the Dr. THE WHOLE fukkING SHOW!! I loved Data's progression, which meant absolutely nothing after Nemesis, but since he was also the strongest, the most annoying character was the most featured. Voyager had a much better balance with Seven of Nine :blessed::ohlawd::noah:

Haha Nemesis..yeah that was a pretty big fukk you to the fans in regards to Data. The Janeway cameo was :krs: though.

Voyager did have an alright balance of lightheartedness and serious eps, but for me some of the eps were just meh..mostly the holo deck focused ones fair heaven, the nazi one, beowolf (although I liked how it was the Doc's first exposure to the Holodeck)

Most of the two parters were dope though...Future's End, Basics, Scorpion, Endgame, Year of Hell.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Matter of fact episode 1 & 2 was the beginning of the emissary shyt...

Ds9 was the superior show... That episode when sisko got zapped into antimatter and Jake had waited years to see him again, after sisko been weaving in and out of time.

:mjcry:

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Matter of fact episode 1 & 2 was the beginning of the emissary shyt...

Ds9 was the superior show... That episode when sisko got zapped into antimatter and Jake had waited years to see him again, after sisko been weaving in and out of time.

:mjcry:
Emissary shyt was still shyt though. He used it as some bargaining chip constantly. I'll get back into it after my next real beer run and you folks have me crazy nostalgic now. I just appreciated the minor things most, like their little relationships.

Gaul Dukat was a supreme a$$hole, then he got weak. Same with Quark. He had like a million heel/face turns, and you never knew what side he was on or competency level.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
One thing I liked about TNG over the others was their take on religion. They really showed religion as it really is...superstition.

One of my favorite episodes is 'Who watches the watchers'.

ever see the episode "rightful heir"?

that episode basically asks what would happen if christ really was resurrected.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's an acquired taste, but it's the deepest of the Treks. Gonna try to get more into TOS this Fall to really give a good comparison. The pacing is too slow and it's too much weekly moral plays. Voyager, for this format, is just the best of all worlds.
Lol how do you think it the deepest of all the Treks. Voyager was a great idea two crews having to work together in a brand new quadrant that hasn't been explored. The writes could not have asked for a better scenario to write good episodes. However we got nothing but TNG lite out of the show. After the early episodes rarely was there conflict in the crew all the members that had left starfleet for one reason or another seemed to have no problems fitting in. I swear they made the same episode 100 times between someone offering them a possible way home or a fake possible way home someone taking over the ship and the drew overpowering them instead of the villain killing them or figuring out how to defeat the borg when it was set up early in TNG that defeating a borg cube is nearly impossible you can only hope to slow it down. I wont even continue to go on DS9 is the goat btw.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One thing I liked about TNG over the others was their take on religion. They really showed religion as it really is...superstition.

One of my favorite episodes is 'Who watches the watchers'.
Yeah there was also a great episode cant remember the name of it about the planet where the Auidra chick returned but it was a con woman Picard didn't buy it for a second lol.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think TNG would've had Geord killing Troi in a hologram as a rage experiment. They had him become a brainwashed assassin, but didn't do anything with it after the episode.

Voyager was both light and dark and did them both well considering the circumstances. The darkest TNG got was existential threats to the Federation, which were mostly linear 2 part episodes. When TNG was on its game, it was like okay, nice, unless you're a kid.

They also learned from Data and not tried to make the Dr. THE WHOLE fukkING SHOW!! I loved Data's progression, which meant absolutely nothing after Nemesis, but since he was also the strongest, the most annoying character was the most featured. Voyager had a much better balance with Seven of Nine :blessed::ohlawd::noah:

They where like the only two characters along with Janeway from season 4-7.

MrSinnister

Daps
They where like the only two characters along with Janeway from season 4-7.
Lmao, you're trying to cut me deep! Paris was a big presence along with his wife, I mean the Delta Flyer wasn't the focus of a full 3 seasons? Yeah, Chakotay receded a bit once he found he wasn't going to unite the tribes by fluid exchange, but it got real when they were killing those beasts for feud and Janeway was about that torture.

Kes and Nellix was so omnipresent to make you choke.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lmao, you're trying to cut me deep! Paris was a big presence along with his wife, I mean the Delta Flyer wasn't the focus of a full 3 seasons? Yeah, Chakotay receded a bit once he found he wasn't going to unite the tribes by fluid exchange, but it got real when they were killing those beasts for feud and Janeway was about that torture.

Kes and Nellix was so omnipresent to make you choke.
Did you watch the show lol they completely changed everything up after season 3 and I like Voyager its third behind ds9 and tng. I think everyone has a right to there opinion but you talking crazy it was mostly the doctor and 7 show featuring Janeway for the second half of its run.

MrSinnister

Daps
Did you watch the show lol they completely changed everything up after season 3 and I like Voyager its third behind ds9 and tng. I think everyone has a right to there opinion but you talking crazy it was mostly the doctor and 7 show featuring Janeway for the second half of its run.
I'm having fun reading all of your opinions, so don't think I'm here seething that I'm not having massive agreement. I do remember being confused (pissed) at a lot of the weirdness midrun (I haven't had the chance to watch them season by season yet). I'm sure I've seen marathons and know what you're taking about. The Kes departure changed a lot...that was awesome though, her getting preggers and powerful.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm having fun reading all of your opinions, so don't think I'm here seething that I'm not having massive agreement. I do remember being confused (pissed) at a lot of the weirdness midrun (I haven't had the chance to watch them season by season yet). I'm sure I've seen marathons and know what you're taking about. The Kes departure changed a lot...that was awesome though, her getting preggers and powerful.
Oh its all good im a big trek fan have seen all Voyager ds9 and tng like TOS movies but not TOS and never could get into Enterprise except a few episodes.
Couple of bad Trek women for my nikkas.
sickbay_decon.jpg

tumblr_inline_n051ch1Kjo1r582r6.jpg

grfe-3382.jpg
''
tumblr_mcxz3lzt2I1rrl3s3o1_400.gif

fhm-2.jpg

MrSinnister

Daps
Seven, Dax, Troi, Kes, Crusher and yaw can keep the rest. Opps, slit nose for her feistyness. Never got into Enterprise.

MrSinnister

Daps
Yeah there was also a great episode cant remember the name of it about the planet where the Auidra chick returned but it was a con woman Picard didn't buy it for a second lol.
I thought that was who Watches the Watchers. Loved that episode. Picard loses mad points for losing his girl to Q and not treating her right.