• Sisko

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • Janeway

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Voyager was a better show than both TNG and Deep Space 9. 9 fell off after Sisko got that Emissary plot line. TNG was overrated (in hindsight - it does age worst of the 3) but ground breaking for its time, having storyline that emphasized characters outside of the 3 main ones per show, and more Black characters to support.

Voyager had it all basically. Only bad part is you knew they were getting home, would always win, and Janeway would only take dikk from homograms.

Nah.. Voyager was not that good.

I have been watch TNG on Netflix lately. While some episodes certainly outshine others by a large margin, it's definitely a very compelling show.

It is an extremely intellectually challenging show. By that I mean, social issues and philosophy are subtly or overtly discussed and challenged.

It was one of the most polished, well written and well acted shows ever.

DS9 became a different type of show towards the end--a linear non-episodic show. It's hard to compare the two.

MrSinnister

Delete account when possible.
Daps
Nah.. Voyager was not that good.

I have been watch TNG on Netflix lately. While some episodes certainly outshine others by a large margin, it's definitely a very compelling show.

It is an extremely intellectually challenging show. By that I mean, social issues and philosophy are subtly or overtly discussed and challenged.

It was one of the most polished, well written and well acted shows ever.

DS9 became a different type of show towards the end--a linear non-episodic show. It's hard to compare the two.
They did find a confidence after the Borg episodes, but outside of the sheen, it was a rather boring show. Challenging, yes absolutely, but Voyager was the deeper show for conflict and all other non philosophical pursuits imho.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
They did find a confidence after the Borg episodes, but outside of the sheen, it was a rather boring show. Challenging, yes absolutely, but Voyager was the deeper show for conflict and all other non philosophical pursuits imho.

I am all for a action based (voyager/enterprise/ Star Trek reboots) or dialogue based shows or movies (DS9/TNG). I just wasn't feeling voyager for some reason. None of the characters stuck with me except tuvok and the holo dr.

I watched all the way to the Borg conflict with species 27362717 (or whatever)--the season finale. And that was in the 90s when it was in air.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
TNG is my favorite trek but that's probly because it's the one i was exposed to the most. easily one of my fav shows ever and low key a possible GOAT contender that never gets talked about on this forum. yea there were some trash episodes but TNG at it's absolute best is >>>> most shows at their absolute best.

i gotta catch up on DS9. i really haven't watched it. i think i might have seen like 4-5 episodes max. where should i start?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Voyager was a better show than both TNG and Deep Space 9. 9 fell off after Sisko got that Emissary plot line. TNG was overrated (in hindsight - it does age worst of the 3) but ground breaking for its time, having storyline that emphasized characters outside of the 3 main ones per show, and more Black characters to support.

Voyager had it all basically. Only bad part is you knew they were getting home, would always win, and Janeway would only take dikk from homograms.
jrMRG9T.gif

MrSinnister

Daps
I am all for a action based (voyager/enterprise/ Star Trek reboots) or dialogue based shows or movies (DS9/TNG). I just wasn't feeling voyager for some reason. None of the characters stuck with me except tuvok and the holo dr.

I watched all the way to the Borg conflict with species 27362717 (or whatever)--the season finale. And that was in the 90s when it was in air.
Same here. The two shows are basically a coin flip with me. I just couldn't pass as TNG episode, years after its run, without watching it. Knew when every local station would show them. Ignored all other Treks, even as DS9 was still in its run.

So I slowly got into the others when they were syndicated, and Voyager was my choice. TNG still had its charm and I still know channels and times on Direct TV where I could catch it, but would stop more for Voyager now, and want to learn what I missed there.

MrSinnister

Daps
TNG is my favorite trek but that's probly because it's the one i was exposed to the most. easily one of my fav shows ever and low key a possible GOAT contender that never gets talked about on this forum. yea there were some trash episodes but TNG at it's absolute best is >>>> most shows at their absolute best.

i gotta catch up on DS9. i really haven't watched it. i think i might have seen like 4-5 episodes max. where should i start?
2nd season. First drags a lot and is Bashir's show.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Janrway did more or less kill the borg and charted the delta quadrant

The good - great eps of voyager were fantastic, but the bad ones got pretty bad...like that shyt with Harry Kim on the women planet or that Nazi 2 parter.

and when they kept adding liberated Borg to the roster...eh. The borg kids were so not needed those last seasons.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
9 fell off after Sisko got that Emissary plot line.

:wtf: but sisko was the emissary since the beginning of the first episode!!!?? That was the best part of the episode... Well for me at least. I thought they was gonna give him at least the powers of the Q and shyt... :russ:

MrSinnister

Daps
Janrway did more or less kill the borg and charted the delta quadrant

The good - great eps of voyager were fantastic, but the bad ones got pretty bad...like that shyt with Harry Kim on the women planet or that Nazi 2 parter.

and when they kept adding liberated Borg to the roster...eh. The borg kids were so not needed those last seasons.
I don't think TNG would've had Geord killing Troi in a hologram as a rage experiment. They had him become a brainwashed assassin, but didn't do anything with it after the episode.

Voyager was both light and dark and did them both well considering the circumstances. The darkest TNG got was existential threats to the Federation, which were mostly linear 2 part episodes. When TNG was on its game, it was like okay, nice, unless you're a kid.

They also learned from Data and not tried to make the Dr. THE WHOLE fukkING SHOW!! I loved Data's progression, which meant absolutely nothing after Nemesis, but since he was also the strongest, the most annoying character was the most featured. Voyager had a much better balance with Seven of Nine :blessed::ohlawd::noah:

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

MrSinnister

Daps
:wtf: but sisko was the emissary since the beginning of the first episode!!!?? That was the best part of the episode... Well for me at least. I thought they was gonna give him at least the powers of the Q and shyt... :russ:
I thought that storyline came way after, from his mom or some shyt.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I thought that storyline came way after, from his mom or some shyt.

Yeah but it was also mentioned in episode one the minute they went into the wormhole and he had the visions... Its either episode 1 Or 2, but I do know it happened soon. I gotta look it up.