Berserk author Kentaro Miura dead at 54

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
to be honest if Muira did leave behind details of how the story ends I'd rather read it as a novel. Can't see the manga itself continuing :manny: Muira's style was his own :mjcry: Just like Takehiko inoue or Oda, the art style would be hard to copy. and don't even get me started on the amount of detail
He had assistants working on another manga with him and their art is really good. The drawing style is very similar to Berserk and it is said he only helped with storyboards not with the drawing or inking.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel out of respect they should leave it alone. It was his life's work. Now if Miura was grooming someone else to take over that could be different. But personally I'm at peace with the manga ending.

I agree, I don’t really want to see someone else draw it cause I’m just gonna sit and think I bet Miura would have Killed this scene :wow:

I wouldn’t mind if they finished it in a novelization, put out a couple full scale books and do their best to fill in the gaps. Maybe eventually make it into a good anime.

There was news of the manga putting a lot a stress on him. Could that have been the cause of it?

I’m sure it didn’t help. This sounds like a genetic thing though.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Came here to give props.

I only know the story based on YouTube videos of the "most disturbing moments" and become super intrigued on the hype of "The Eclipse" :merchant:

I have to say, just knowing the outline of the story up until that point, I'd probably enjoy the story if I wasn't such a p*ssy in terms of ill shyt like extreme gore, epar and violence against kids.

shyt, I watched the Esclipe scene on YouTube was a little traumatized

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally started the deluxe edition volume one. I bought it before he passed, but I hadn't read it yet. I really liked it a lot. Definitely regret sleeping on this series for so long.

I put in orders for the other volumes on Amazon. They're out of stock now, but this series supposedly gets restocked pretty fast, and their prices were the best I've seen anywhere online (and they're sold out everywhere else too).

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Finally started the deluxe edition volume one. I bought it before he passed, but I hadn't read it yet. I really liked it a lot. Definitely regret sleeping on this series for so long.

I put in orders for the other volumes on Amazon. They're out of stock now, but this series supposedly gets restocked pretty fast, and their prices were the best I've seen anywhere online (and they're sold out everywhere else too).

Once you read the entire series..... I’m gonna
make you an official member of #GriffithSet:salute:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, I went ahead and did the same thing with Amazon. My god, I'm kicking my self for not reading this earlier(I think it's cause I tried watching some of the anime's first:heh:), I knew this was influential but damn near the entire fantasy game genre owe Miura a check:mindblown:

I will say the fanbase was crazy complaining about the constant hiatus and not pushing out new chapters. :dahell: I can't imagine trying to publish anything with this level of detail in each panel the way he did for as long.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought I would update this thread with some news:

Not sure if this will be a continuation or the final chapter. Either way, this will be huge:wow:

I'm thinking this is the final chapter Miura did the heavy lifting on. From reading previous interviews I doubt the series continues.