Bernie Sanders Changes his Mind on Reparations :gladbron:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
If you've been working for your company for a few months and you have yet to get paid, and your boss comes up to you and says "Hey Brofato, I know you've been working here for a while and we haven't paid you in cash or check yet, but we feel as an cop any you are going to blow your money frivolously on rims, jordans, hoes, cars and weed.

So instead we wil just set you up with housing, land grants, and build new schools and infrastructure for you and your family. How does that sound :troll:

Are you gonna be like sure? Or are you gonna be like "give me my gatdamn check they I earned" :comeon:

Funny thing is a situation like that actually did happen to me when I started this new job. I'll see if I can relate it to your analogy.

My first check was fukked up for quite a while. But I had a support system in the form of my family and I was actually quite fine until my money was right. Am I better off now? I am a little, I can't deny that. But where was I before I had that job? In the exact same place. But now that I do have a job that pays me regularly I have my own support system.

The way reparations are traditionally presented, such as in the Chappelle Show skit is a one-time check. My job is actually more analogous to the form of reparations I was speaking on. Are you suggesting that the descendants of slaves get money in perpetuity until America no longer exists?

What say you about our mulatto friends? Would you feel alright with them getting the same as you?

I love money. More money would definitely help me out but I don't factor in money that I don't know I will have into my everyday life. There's the expectation element there. Like I said, I'm for a bigger picture.

I have and still do live in those neighborhoods that would probably benefit most from extra money in the pockets of its residents. But instead I would love to see revitalization in the forms I was speaking about instead of the way it usually happens with steadily encroaching gentrification.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
People don't understand this is the underlying issue. Jews are the world's bogeyman. But they have wealth and influence so those in power will bow down no matter how repugnant they feel it truly is. You see this to a lesser extent with Hispanics and the LGBT community. Honestly, we're a charity case led by rudderless activism, a few aloof blacks with money and ignorant but well meaning liberal whites. This is not a winning coalition.

Just give up huh? :francis:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Funny thing is a situation like that actually did happen to me when I started this new job. I'll see if I can relate it to your analogy.

My first check was fukked up for quite a while. But I had a support system in the form of my family and I was actually quite fine until my money was right. Am I better off now? I am a little, I can't deny that. But where was I before I had that job? In the exact same place. But now that I do have a job that pays me regularly I have my own support system.

The way reparations are traditionally presented, such as in the Chappelle Show skit is a one-time check. My job is actually more analogous to the form of reparations I was speaking on. Are you suggesting that the descendants of slaves get money in perpetuity until America no longer exists?

What say you about our mulatto friends? Would you feel alright with them getting the same as you?

I love money. More money would definitely help me out but I don't factor in money that I don't know I will have into my everyday life. There's the expectation element there. Like I said, I'm for a bigger picture.

I have and still do live in those neighborhoods that would probably benefit most from extra money in the pockets of its residents. But instead I would love to see revitalization in the forms I was speaking about instead of the way it usually happens with steadily encroaching gentrification.

You completely deflected:dead:

I'll ask again, if you worked for months and your employer refused to pay you in cash or check because they felt they you would "fukk the money off"

And that told you that they would pay you by giving you housing and other grants but you will never receive any cash. What would you say to that?

Can I get a direct answer without deflecting

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
be shocked that old whites support the archaic infrastructure of america but perpetuate genocide and ignorance yourself.

Systematic racism definitely breeds cycles.

We got nggaz actually calling middle easterners native americans and people acting like kings never taught the paupers how to behave.

Solidarity shows no color but a lot of yall really have misplaced anger

Man up and read malcolms journey back from mecca and cut this shyt the fck out

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just give up huh? :francis:
He never said anything about "giving up";

Start at the ground level and support your local candidates. That's the best way to see your vote does count for something. Removing yourself from the political process only hands them a victory.

We need to start putting our foots into the political game at a local level so we have Black people looking after the interests of Black people and our communities. Only then can we talk about reparations.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
You completely deflected:dead:

I'll ask again, if you worked for months and your employer refused to pay you in cash or check because they felt they you would "fukk the money off"

And that told you that they would pay you by giving you housing and other grants but you will never receive any cash. What would you say to that?

Can I get a direct answer without deflecting

I didn't deflect anything. I pointed out the flaw in your analogy. The only way that could be seen as deflection is if you didn't understand my post.

Ghost_In_A_Shell

Talk No Jutsu
Daps
Endorsing reparations for African Americans is political suicide. We have no political muscle, money, influence, or unity. To the average politician it's as repugnant as supporting pedophilia. It's an issue they won't touch, won't even give lip service to. The anger and disappointment in this thread is somewhat funny. It's like everyday you wake up and realize white people as a collective give two shyts about you and by the end of the day it's forgotten. It's like a strange "Awakening" Groundhog Day. Not voting isn't going to solve anything though, that's exactly what they want. You think that's going to hurt? :mjlol: Start at the ground level and support your local candidates. That's the best way to see your vote does count for something. Removing yourself from the political process only hands them a victory.

we dont have any options in the 2016 bid. and how do we win over local and ground support candidates if we dont have any of what you said in the second sentence? local and ground level ain't cheap either and can be easily bought off and used against us, i've seen it too many times not to happen.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
They give out money for everything else except black reparations :mjlol: I wonder why :lupe:

Need money for a car? :shaq:
Need money for a useless college degree? We got you :youngsabo:

Need money cause u had 5 kids out of wedlock? he tricked u didn't he :steviej:

Need money for reparations like everyone else already got????:whoa: you don't need a handout, chill on that