Bernie Sanders Changes his Mind on Reparations :gladbron:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
But not for you Africans, only for God's chosen people :umad:

Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton Both Supported Reparations, Just Not for American Slavery

#feelthebern brehs :jewpls:
Breh, ain't shyt gon' change, ever! (until the second coming :stopitslime:) nikkas (killer mike) swear these cacs give a fukk. they only give the perception of empathizing with brehs when it suits them, while never actually doing anything substantive to rectify the major problem afflicting black and brown brehs. fukk the system, killuminati, fukk dem edomites till infinity.:ld:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
He is quite old, I'll give you that. But I have to tell you that is about the only thing that worries me.

Perhaps it's because I'm not for reparations in the form that they're traditionally presented. A lavish house means nothing if the foundation is cracking. My ideal form of reparations is an influx of support to black-led organizations that are actually representative of black america. Bills and such that go toward mentorship programs and family counseling in low-income minority neighborhoods. Easily accessible education. Those things are probably more achievable at a local level but federal support can't hurt. Maybe I'm an optimist or just naive but I'll see how things play out.

I'd also say ideally that I'm of the mindset that the only time white people should be involved in black progress is when they're moving the fukk out the way. You play the hand you're dealt, though, and that's the way I'm coming at it.

Question: do you have a job

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
So a country that wasn't even responsible for the Holocaust (the US) fought for and paid jews their reparations, in the meantime the descendants of people who were enslaved for 400 years, generated trillions upon trillions of dollars in wealth due to their free labor, were murdered by the millions, lynched, disenfranchised, refused loans to start businesses, had their successful towns burned to the ground, still being jailed to this day and are the group that are most rightfully deserving of reparations since their ancestors literally built this country for free... are told to "get over it" and "pull themselves by the bootstraps"? :stopitslime:smh fukk this cac :pacspit:
Because then they'd have to admit their guilt. White folks run from white guilt. The UN said aint it surprising we dont have any memorials or monuments for the lives lost to slavery? Its always about MLK and his dreams but no one wants to talk about what this country and white folks put us through. At least, in a movie it feels like something surreal, fiction or distant. But when talking about how it affects us today... "slavery was so long ago, get over it".

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Why do y'all think white people gon willingly pay you:dahell:
Maybe we should wait till the families of black people who are murdered by police are cut checks before mfs start talking bout reparations

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I do. Go on

If you've been working for your company for a few months and you have yet to get paid, and your boss comes up to you and says "Hey Brofato, I know you've been working here for a while and we haven't paid you in cash or check yet, but we feel as an cop any you are going to blow your money frivolously on rims, jordans, hoes, cars and weed.

So instead we wil just set you up with housing, land grants, and build new schools and infrastructure for you and your family. How does that sound :troll:

Are you gonna be like sure? Or are you gonna be like "give me my gatdamn check they I earned" :comeon:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Endorsing reparations for African Americans is political suicide. We have no political muscle, money, influence, or unity. To the average politician it's as repugnant as supporting pedophilia. It's an issue they won't touch, won't even give lip service to. The anger and disappointment in this thread is somewhat funny. It's like everyday you wake up and realize white people as a collective give two shyts about you and by the end of the day it's forgotten. It's like a strange "Awakening" Groundhog Day. Not voting isn't going to solve anything though, that's exactly what they want. You think that's going to hurt? :mjlol: Start at the ground level and support your local candidates. That's the best way to see your vote does count for something. Removing yourself from the political process only hands them a victory.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Reperations aint going to do shyt in 2016. Alot of cats will get that check and fukk it up.

No but seriously. I question how many posters on this site are really in the community and grew up in the hood. Are situation is grave and I dont see it getting better any time soon. As a people we have alot of healing to do. We want to get mad at Bernie for not supporting reperations but when is the last time you donated to a cause, Mentored an at risk youth. We want to complain about reperations but what about gang violence, mass incarceration, unaddressed mental health, single family homes, hiv/std :stopitslime: miss me with that bullshyt. You dudes need to cut the shyt and get real.

what about black on black crime :manny:

:mjpls:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
That should be the end of the thread.

People don't understand this is the underlying issue. Jews are the world's bogeyman. But they have wealth and influence so those in power will bow down no matter how repugnant they feel it truly is. You see this to a lesser extent with Hispanics and the LGBT community. Honestly, we're a charity case led by rudderless activism, a few aloof blacks with money and ignorant but well meaning liberal whites. This is not a winning coalition.