Bernie Sanders Changes his Mind on Reparations :gladbron:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
He actually proved your point there, breh.

I'm American and while I'm not really telling you who to vote for the candidates presented are the candidates presented.

Bernie's running on a platform that seeks to end income inequality and getting money out of politics so as to actually have a representative democracy. It's not falling for shyt. No okey-doke if you actually know what the dude's goals are.

I get wanting him to be down for the cause but the bigger picture is what is at play here. Giving power back to the people is a greater goal than anything Lady Clinton wants. Everybody wants someone to represent their specific cause. Thing is, even if I didn't believe he were the better candidate when has voting not ever been choosing the lesser of two evils?

I have no clue how you guys can put your faith in an 80 year old Jew who will advocate for Reparations for his people but tell African people to kick rocks :mindblown:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I mean, I get where you're coming from. But what the flying fukk has Hillary done to earn the support of black folks? Literally only name recognition. Neither her or bill ever helped the black community. And to be clear I'm not saying just vote for bernie because he cared and fought for civil rights, but that is the cloth he is cut from and many of his policies will benefit the black community greatly.

We're saying the same thing. She's done nothing to garner that support but people believe Bill has. For example, his reception at the 2012 Democratic National Convention. People love Billy.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Don't support a candidate who was imprisoned protesting for the rights of black people during the civil rights movement based on him co-sponsoring a bill that allows people to sue a railroad and is the only one who speaks on the prison industrial complex, income inequality and police brutality brehs.

My dad use to DJ in the 70s, should I get him to spin music at someone's sweet sixteen?

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Black Americans deserve a candidate who will fight for them and the issues effecting their community. Giving out money to people does nothing to change the inherent flaws in the system that allows black communities to be exploited. Do you all just want money or do you all want a candidate who will change the fukking system?
stop with the phoniness its see through. You don't care about the black plight, your just mad that some black people wont support sanders that's all

Reparation or a candidate?....uhhhh reparation all day every day

Also why would one align with someone hypocritical in the issue that plagues their family and community. If you're willing to fight for Jewish money but don't think black people worth it.....so be it

Sanders said its about classism not racism dealing with the system. Why would someone with opposite opinion agree and stand with him

Reactor1804

You either build or destroy.
Daps
Reppin
1804/NY 2 BR
Absolutely pathetic. Well there goes the one candidate i was somewhat interested in.

I'll be chilling with the fam whis fall. fukk voting
Same thing I was thinking. Bernie looked like a glimmer of hope in this raggedy ass political system we have. Is there ever a candidate who doesn't bow down to Jews and Israel?! Bernie was talking a good game, trying to pull all the black votes he could...damn shame.
Welp, back to voting for the lesser of 2 evils. :yeshrug:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Reparation or a candidate?....uhhhh reparation all day every day
reparations as of now is a short term fix but having more candidates locally is a longer term plan. How you guys dont see that is beyond me. Do you want cacs to serve and address our concerns or do you want black men and women to do that for us? And jews getting undeserved reparations only happened because they have political muscle and influence.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I have no clue how you guys can put your faith in an 80 year old Jew who will advocate for Reparations for his people but tell African people to kick rocks :mindblown:

He is quite old, I'll give you that. But I have to tell you that is about the only thing that worries me.

Perhaps it's because I'm not for reparations in the form that they're traditionally presented. A lavish house means nothing if the foundation is cracking. My ideal form of reparations is an influx of support to black-led organizations that are actually representative of black america. Bills and such that go toward mentorship programs and family counseling in low-income minority neighborhoods. Easily accessible education. Those things are probably more achievable at a local level but federal support can't hurt. Maybe I'm an optimist or just naive but I'll see how things play out.

I'd also say ideally that I'm of the mindset that the only time white people should be involved in black progress is when they're moving the fukk out the way. You play the hand you're dealt, though, and that's the way I'm coming at it.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Same thing I was thinking. Bernie looked like a glimmer of hope in this raggedy ass political system we have. Is there ever a candidate who doesn't bow down to Jews and Israel?! Bernie was talking a good game, trying to pull all the black votes he could...damn shame.
Welp, back to voting for the lesser of 2 evils. :yeshrug:

Which is still Bernie, friend.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Reparations is such a complicated topic. Everyone expecting a cheque?

naw...fukk that.

Raparations should come in the form of boosting the community as a whole. Including free post-secondary education, low interest loans AND grants to small business owners. Boosting school education services, building community centers,etc.

You gotta be one entitled white person to make these type of demands/proposals for black people :snoop:

Question: do you have a job?