BenchPress

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Breh some of yall fail to realize the average male is not in shape, let alone working out, they say the average male can only bench 135 for one rep, so technically anything better than that is pretty good.

But now far as gym goers 135 isn't much, but you have to really break it down, half of people in the gym dont know what the fukk they are doing, another 3rd dont lift to get strong, and the last bit know what they doing, so that's why I feel anybody that can bench 205>>>>> for reps is alot better than average, now of course some people weigh more than others and other things factor in as well, but based on the sole fact alone that the average male can only bench 135 anything better than that is technically good.

:manny:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
yea I'd say that 225 seems to be that "standard" for being an above average lifter. 225 is actually my goal right now(not 1 rep but a full set)

but it all depends on your size/weight/height,etc. imo

I mean if you 150 and you are lifting 225 thats a hell of a lot more impressive than some dude weighing 200+ and doing it

I'd say if you are doing 1.5x your own body weight then it would be considered a pretty damn good bench press

but lets bring it back one sec..

How many ppl on here can actually bench their own body weight?
This^^^^

It's called lb for lb. If you can bench x1.5-2.0 your bodyweight at least once, you're considered a strong ass dude

like I weigh 185 and I rep over 295... I probably could rep 315 if I tried but I'm not into that anymore (maybe I will now). But in my prime, I was 175-180 with a 365 bench...

So even though those numbers might not be shyt to heavier dudes, you have to consider I was never a huge guy weight wise. I actually HAD to put on weight because it wasn't about always about being strong... couldn't be no light ass nikka. And I really don't like benching that much

Now I don't care, im cool with 315 and focusing on getting smaller (back to 175)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Short men can bench press more than taller men.
Tall dudes love saying this

My bro is like 6'2, 240 and reps 365 :mjpls:

Being tall is no excuse for having a weak bench... He even says that. The taller you are the more muscle you can put on.

Saw a bigass dude repping 315 the other day. I'm like :obama:

Last edited:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This^^^^

It's called lb for lb. If you can bench x1.5-2.0 your bodyweight at least once, you're considered a strong ass dude

like I weigh 185 and I rep over 295... I probably could rep 315 if I tried but I'm not into that anymore (maybe I will now). But in my prime, I was 175-180 with a 365 bench...

So even though those numbers might not be shyt to heavier dudes, you have to consider I was never a huge guy weight wise. I actually HAD to put on weight because it wasn't about always about being strong... couldn't be no light ass nikka. And I really don't like benching that much

Now I don't care, im cool with 315 and focusing on getting smaller (back to 175)

I feel you on this, but why did you have to put weight on? You a fighter? Or you just didnt like bein too light?

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I feel you on this, but why did you have to put weight on? You a fighter? Or you just didnt like bein too light?
Nah I was trying to play football. I knew the assistant coach for a school and was gonna try to do walk-on but had financial issues

but in the mean time most my numbers were there. My mom dated a dude who played in the NFL back in the day and he was training me... this was like 8 or 9 years ago tho

I did do boxing as a kid though so I like being light/strong. So I'm trying to get back to that size

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Being tall is no excuse for having a weak bench... He even says that. The taller you are the more muscle you can put on.

It's not really the height, it's your arms, being tall usually just means you have longer limbs. If someone has long ass arms the bar will travel more for them than it will for someone with short arms, meaning the duration under stress is longer.

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Yeah..I can understand if your Durant or Lebrons height,but it be motherfukkers that are 6'1 to 6'3 trying to use that long arm excuse.That's not really tall..It's not that your arms are to long to bench you're just not very strong.Breh I'm 5'10 about 175 and I bench in the low 300's.Years ago when I was about 185 I was benching 385.. If I was 6'2 i would weigh about 215,and would be a beast because of the extra weight.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It's not really the height, it's your arms, being tall usually just means you have longer limbs. If someone has long ass arms the bar will travel more for them than it will for someone with short arms, meaning the duration under stress is longer.
unfortunately bruh, thats just an excuse

I'm like 5'7 but have long arms for my height (and i've proven this more than once to friends... I wasn't even the first person to notice. It was actually other people/sparring partners)

And even though I don't like benching that much, i've never had an issue getting my bench up. The longer you are the more muscle your limbs can hold. Thats why you can see a 6'2 dude weigh 185 and a 5'7 dude weigh 185 and theres a complete difference almost (other factors involved too). Thats why my arms look huge to some people despite me weighing 185

You can also adjust your grip width. I do close, regular, and wide, but most my REAL lifts come with my hands perpendicular with the bar when I'm coming down

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
basically bruh

I would always hear that excuse then see taller dudes than them out repping. My closest homeboy out here is 6'4 220 and lifts 315.

Being short doesn't make shyt easy, you still got to get the weight up and off the bar. If cats work on thier form a lot of the time they can improve their lifts instantly

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I concur...I'm tall and have monkey limbs, but can dead and squat atleast 2x my weight and pullup with weight. My bench is lacking though...:patrice: