Being Hispanic and watching this race war unfolding in the Coli....

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
lol Black people in America think they are 100% black still? This thread is too funny. For a site that focuses on race in every post, in every thread and every pm, you people don't know shyt about it.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
He is of African descent. In America yeah, he is black because of the one drop rule, but in Africa he isn't. Africans wouldn't consider him one of them.

yup

I'm from Ghana

over here T.I. is Black (racially) but if you put him in Ghana or a any Sub-Saharan African country he would be mistaken as a half-caste or mixed.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
If you're half black you're pretty much Black since all people are descendants of black anyway

This is the stupidest thing I've heard

so Black means that little to you that people who are half are the same as people who are full?

that's not only disrespectful to bi-racial people but it's disrespectful to full Black people such as myself

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
yup

I'm from Ghana

over here T.I. is Black (racially) but if you put him in Ghana or a any Sub-Saharan African country he would be mistaken as a half-caste or mixed.
You're right.

Fools in here don't know what they are talking about as usual.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Everyone in Africa isn't black. This is why I laugh at people of West African descent who want to claim Ancient Egypt. That's like a Swiss trying to claim Greece. Africa isn't a monolithic place. It is a whole continent full of diverse people. All Africans aren't black and all black people aren't from Africa.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
He isn't black to me. He is a mulatto. Obviously of African descent.

I don't consider mixed people as being black. That's going by that racist one drop rule.

exactly.

It's only Afro-Americans who are not quite getting it. Manny Ramirez is a mixed race Dominican who obviously has African ancestry.

Afro-Americans need to understand that many Latinos are proud and acknowledge their African ancestry without calling themselves Black.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
That's no different from a Dominican saying there is a no "black" in my family. Its the same exact shyt.

Not if your fam looks like this :beli:

sba_drschoolkids.jpg