Being Hispanic and watching this race war unfolding in the Coli....

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
This is the stupidest thing I've heard

so Black means that little to you that people who are half are the same as people who are full?

that's not only disrespectful to bi-racial people but it's disrespectful to full Black people such as myself

:childplease:
Any black person who's descended from slaves most likely has some non black in them; so can no one besides someone who has every person in their genologic tree black can claim black? Do I have to say well I'm black but also 1/16 native American and 1/64th white Haitian and whatever else is in my family tree? :comeon:
Is Dave chappelle not black because he's a quarter white? :wtf: I'm drawing an arbitrary line in the sand that says if your 50% or MOSTLY black then your black, you can say that's disrespectful if you want but the bottom line is most black people are mixed with something.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Mixed people aren't black. Just that simple.

Obama, Halle Berry, Drake etc aren't black. Their white blood didn't just magically disappear.

Aight cool they might not be black but these nikkas definantly are. :childplease:

sba_drschoolkids.jpg

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps

Is Dave chappelle not black because he's a quarter white? :wtf: I'm drawing an arbitrary line in the sand that says if your 50% or MOSTLY black then your black, you can say that's disrespectful if you want but the bottom line is most black people are mixed with something.

Then Halle Berry isn't black.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
@ Dachampishere

The Niger–Congo languages constitute one of the world's major language families, and Africa's largest in terms of geographical area, number of speakers, and number of distinct languages. They may constitute the world's largest language family in terms of distinct languages, although this question is complicated by ambiguity about what constitutes a distinct language. Most of the most widely spoken indigenous languages of Subsaharan Africa belong to this group. A common property of many Niger–Congo languages is the use of a noun class system. The most widely spoken Niger–Congo languages by number of native speakers are Yoruba, Igbo, Fula and Shona and Zulu. The most widely spoken by total number of speakers is Swahili.

Niger

The Nicer-Conge homeland is the area inhibited by speakers of the Niger–Congo languages, which has as its subfamily the Benue–Congo languages, which in turn includes the Bantu languages, is not known in time or place, beyond the fact that it probably originated in or near the area where these languages were spoken prior to Bantu expansion (i.e. West Africa or Central Africa) and probably predated the Bantu expansion of ca. 3000 BCE by many thousands of years.[1] Its expansion may have been associated with the expansion of Sahel agriculture in the African Neolithic period.[1]

Niger

emoney

custom user title
Daps

:childplease:
Any black person who's descended from slaves most likely has some non black in them; so can no one besides someone who has every person in their genologic tree black can claim black? Do I have to say well I'm black but also 1/16 native American and 1/64th white Haitian and whatever else is in my family tree? :comeon:

This is the problem with the racial label of Black

It's too ambiguous

If were going to use it...then purity needs to be the standard or else let every man and woman accurately define themselves based on their individual genetic composition. But your probably against this idea because you fear it is a divide and conquer tactic or that socio-economic and political gains might be lost as a result of re-organizaing the race more accurately.

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
My people came from the area in between Nigeria and Congo
Did you just magically pop up out of no where (meaning that everyone else black comes from there?)? What is so hard about this question?

Since I know how to think before I type something, I have no problem answer your question: Uniting under an affiliation does not mean you have to shed any part of yourself. Boom, simple as that. White people have learned this, Asian people have learned this, black people are still making mountains out of molehills over this.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Did you just magically pop up out of no where (meaning that everyone else black comes from there?)? What is so hard about this question?

Since I know how to think before I type something, I have no problem answer your question: Uniting under an affiliation does not mean you have to shed any part of yourself. Boom, simple as that. White people have learned this, Asian people have learned this, black people are still making mountains out of molehills over this.

What do you mean did I just magically pop out of nowhere

I already posted who my people are...the Niger-Congo peoples and the homeland.

In the North American context, I am Black (racially) but I don't identify with that label as it's essentially meaningless. It's nothing more than a range of phenotypes.

Whites and Asians are not united and never will be.

Blacks are not united, never have been, never will be united.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
If those dominicans arent black then dave chappelle aint black neither, he quarter white. Is he black too you?
Is he of African descent? Yes.
Does he have black blood? Yes.
Is he black? No.

Are these people white?

Adriana Lima
adriana_lima-719.jpg

Channing Tatum
272420.jpg

Jennifer Beals
318515-2008_creative_arts_emmy_awards_jennifer_beals_2411156_578_800_large.jpg

Ryan Giggs

master.ryan_giggs4.jpg

Paulo Zulu
paulo+zulu.jpg

Gabrielle Reece
gabrielle-reece_288x288.jpg

Martin Lee Gore
2526813287_1.jpg

George Kenneth Butterfield, Jr.
mlsyKxOF8hi7yfa6jH74fceMo1_500.jpg

Stephen Graham
1305293919-24.jpg

Rebecca Hall
tn-500_hallwm7250152213.jpg

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
Damn this thread is gettin good. Race is just a social construct anyway, but America's is inconsistent. Brazil does the racial categories the best. America needs to follow their lead.

they do and they dont. while black/white/asian/indio exists, basically if i wanted to, i could pass for white just for being light skinned, you can have one sister be black and another white if you want. also, they have a million fukking names for how you look, me? Negro Caboclo

you see what im getting at?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Jessica Szohr
23-Jessica-Szohr-Getty.jpg

Wentworth Miller
243572d1296555443-wentworth-miller-wentworth-miller.jpg

They all have at least one grandparent that's black.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
Another thing with the Niger-Congo peoples... I don't even consider all them my people neither.

Igbo, Yoruba, Fula are all Niger-Congo peoples and I don't give a fukk about them. (no disrespect to those groups) but were just related linguistically and genetically.

In summary:

Culturally and Ancestry, I'm Ghanaian
Citizenship and Nationality wise, I'm Canadian
Racially, I'm Black

Daps
channing tatum is not black. creole like hispanic is an ethnicity with people of all types of races. he is white and native american. not all creoles are mixed race with black in them. there are pure white, pure black and mixed ones.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Is he of African descent? Yes.
Does he have black blood? Yes.
Is he black? No.

We might aswell end the conversation here lmao

Are these people white?

Adriana Lima
adriana_lima-719.jpg

Channing Tatum
272420.jpg

Jennifer Beals
318515-2008_creative_arts_emmy_awards_jennifer_beals_2411156_578_800_large.jpg

Ryan Giggs

master.ryan_giggs4.jpg

Paulo Zulu
paulo+zulu.jpg

Gabrielle Reece
gabrielle-reece_288x288.jpg

Martin Lee Gore
2526813287_1.jpg

George Kenneth Butterfield, Jr.
mlsyKxOF8hi7yfa6jH74fceMo1_500.jpg

Stephen Graham
1305293919-24.jpg

Rebecca Hall
tn-500_hallwm7250152213.jpg

All of them are white. They look white so they are white. When they go outside they get treated like they're white. The white gene was dominant in there case. For nikkas like halle, obama, "chappelle" they look black, so they are black.