Batman Returns Is a Weird Ass Movie

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Batman returns is the darkest batman film to date. That movie was just straight out weird. Movie really had nothing to do with batman outside the name of the characters. l know I sound like one of those fakkits off of superherohype but it's true. I respect the fact that they changed penguins origins, but damn they really had that nikka acting like a penguin.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
tumblr_mdo5o1GtNW1r62bvqo1_500.gif

This was a movie pushed like crazy by McDonald's and happy meals
maxresdefault.jpg
i think i had all the toys

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
This movie is what happens when you give Tim Burton free reign. Dude walked the line as much as he could with Batman and it made so much money they allowed to go full Burton on this.:manny:

It's ridiculous and insanely adult (I don't think mature works here given the silliness) but it also has a strong theme about animal nature, featuring three characters who each were linked to an animal due to trauma. Batman, who took inspiration from a bat as a symbol but acts very human. Catwoman, whose spirit becomes linked to a cat and obtains nine lives and acts more impulsively (feline). Penguin, who physically has the appearance of an animal and thus abandons his humanity completely. This animal totem is even present in the poster with the characters in order of "evolution" (man at the top, animal at the bottom). Because of all the weirdness it's kind of an underrated factor but the movie has a lot of layers.

nBkhH3V.jpg

And I get why people are like :gucci:@ the Catwoman/SM stuff, but that follows the theme of her being a mouse (innocent, harmless prey) who becomes a cat (impulsive, territorial predator). Of all the weird shyt in the movie this makes a lot of sense, even if it's wildly sexual for a movie mostly aimed at kids (but let's not pretend as if BTAS isn't full of sexual innuendo either).

:ohhh: