Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
When Bruce tears off that rubber cowl
full

I was like what kind of material is this when its that easy to tear thru the mask with your hand and was the whole upper body one piece:gucci:

whole movie on youtube by the way

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Burton was playing up the idea that you had to be a fukked up individual to dress up in a costume and beat people up. He was also playing with the idea that the heroes and villains got off on the whole thing.

All of those are interesting concepts to explore and have been done in the comics before, but WB was trying to sell toys. That movie was marketed directly at kids, they had McDonalds happy meals commercials and shyt.

Though BeatleJuice was also marketed at kids and that shyt is just a fukking weird.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Burton was playing up the idea that you had to be a fukked up individual to dress up in a costume and beat people up. He was also playing with the idea that the heroes and villains got off on the whole thing.

All of those are interesting concepts to explore and have been done in the comics before, but WB was trying to sell toys. That movie was marketed directly at kids, they had McDonalds happy meals commercials and shyt.

Though BeatleJuice was also marketed at kids and that shyt is just a fukking weird.

Yeah I'm not arguing against anything he was doing thematically. Not at all. I'm saying the shyt is weird and you don't need the themes to make it weird

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Off topic but what u think Burtons best movie is?

Ed Wood or Beetlejuice. Both are purely him, but like high art shyt. Yeah, even beetlejuice lol. But Ed Wood is this perfect look at artist and the worth of an artist, even if the whole world doesn't think so. But also the idea of a makeshift family finding joy and happiness in each other even though they're a bunch of misfits. That feels like a very personal thing for him and he expected beautifully

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Off topic but what u think Burtons best movie is?

Ed Wood or Beetlejuice. Both are purely him, but like high art shyt. Yeah, even beetlejuice lol. But Ed Wood is this perfect look at artist and the worth of an artist, even if the whole world doesn't think so. But also the idea of a makeshift family finding joy and happiness in each other even though they're a bunch of misfits. That feels like a very personal thing for him and he executed beautifully

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
It's definitely weird.

I always hated how those clowns inexplicably had the plans for the Batmobile, disengage it's security, and sabotage it. Total BS.

Still better than the crap with Kilmer and Clooney though.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's definitely weird.

I always hated how those clowns inexplicably had the plans for the Batmobile, disengage it's security, and sabotage it. Total BS.

Still better than the crap with Kilmer and Clooney though.

On the real I kinda prefer batman forever to this :russ: I mean it's not great but I enjoy watching it more