Batgirl got claimed on Warner Bros Discovery's taxes.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Analysis: Warner Bros Discovery's Zaslav takes over as streaming bubble bursts

Warner Bros Discovery will be saddled with $55 billion in debt mostly tied to the merger

Behind the Cancellation of ‘Batgirl’

For a time, according to multiple sources, Warners considered pumping more money into Batgirl to beef it up into a 2023 theatrical release. Another source downplays the notion that a theatrical upgrade was seriously in contention, as from the script stage it was conceived as a streaming play. Either way, when a very early version of the film test screened, with temp VFX and score, it landed a score in the low 60s and is believed to have only tested once. Film producers and executives have long noted that test screenings are best used to determine whether audiences are engaged or disengaged during certain parts of the film, not as a final judgment call on a movie. For example, horror films that end up doing well have been known to test in the 60s. Batgirl’s test score, which was for a director’s cut, is comparable to scores for the first It (2017), which wound up grossing $700.3 million globally, as well as an early score for the upcoming Shazam! Fury of the Gods. Both of those films tested in the 60s.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
FZSs8VhWYAE8f_R

Hang in there, Ted Jaimie!

Last edited:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Next?? It should have been first! There is no way they're releasing that movie without Ezra's many scandals overshadowing it. It will certainly lose money and cause blowback on the studio.

But white and male? He got the right complexion and gender for the protection:mjpls:
I just read that he's running a cult in Iceland. :mjlol:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep this dude don't like minorities in lead roles. Looks like we won't get a static movie anytime in the future.
Static was suppose to be an HBO Max feature so yeah it's gone. The Black Superman film is probably dead too, which maybe a good thing.

The only way I see more Black lead IP's being greenlighted is if Wakanda Forever and Cap 4 do major numbers on the Marvel side. As racist as this dude maybe, even he will fold when it comes to money.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La