Batgirl got claimed on Warner Bros Discovery's taxes.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
What else got canceled thus far? This movie, a Scooby Doo movie, and a live action movie that was in development based on the Wonder Twins (:russ:). I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the Flash movies in the bushes in the near future too. Something must have been awful about Batgirl to the point where all of the new executives looked at each other and were like, "This could hurt the DC brand beyond repair, and we can't allow that to happen anymore." The meme for like the last five years has been that DC has largely been garbage. The fact that’s not true hasn’t stopped it from being the meme. DC as a property has produced some of the best story telling in media. Not just in comics but all media. I know terrible to subpar movies were released under old management, but I just appreciate they are protecting and making the brand with more thoughtfulness. Hopefully.
You really haven’t been in the loop if you think three things got gutted but they fired 70% of the production behind HBOmax originals. A bunch of tv shows and movies were removed from release.

Flash is under contract. It would cost more money to bush it.

This dude is also why the CW got gutted. So don’t be surprised when Lois and Clark ends so they can focus on blockbuster Superman.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
The more I read about it, the more that I'm starting to understand why they cut it. The test screenings were terrible, and they probably saved themselves from another flop. YouTubers, websites, and people on forums (aka a lot of us) would lambast on how terrible this film was for years until it was brobdingnagian and tiresome. A tax write down is probably the most intelligent way to recoup the costs. It may not seem like it from afar, but this is a good look on the new people in charge. I still feel sorry for the whole cast and crew for trying to put work into this production, and it sucks that no one will ever see it, but at least they all got paid.
100%

The same people acting faux outraged about this would be trashing DC if this ever saw the light of day. This looks like the type of dreck that would inspire countless memes, thinkpieces, and social media jokes about how bad it is. The new head of Warner is smart to protect the Batman brand from getting Morbiused.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
100%

The same people acting faux outraged about this would be trashing DC if this ever saw the light of day. This looks like the type of dreck that would inspire countless memes, thinkpieces, and social media jokes about how bad it is. DC is smart to protect the Batman brand from that.
Batwoman ran for two seasons, Gotham for 4, and CW is putting out a terrible looking Gotham Knights series in few months.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Batwoman ran for two seasons, Gotham for 4, and CW is putting out a terrible looking Gotham Knights series in few months.
l’ve never heard of any of things, and neither have most people. The average person doesn’t care about what’s on TV enough for it to effect the overall brand.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
l’ve never heard of any of things, and neither have most people. The average person doesn’t care about what’s on TV enough for it to effect the overall brand.
oh okay. I hope Discovery+ knows that and cancels Reeves The Batman cartoon, Penguin series, and that Arkham series since tv doesn’t matter.

saved money!