Batgirl got claimed on Warner Bros Discovery's taxes.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The more I read about it, the more that I'm starting to understand why they cut it. The test screenings were terrible, and they probably saved themselves from another flop. YouTubers, websites, and people on forums (aka a lot of us) would lambast on how terrible this film was for years until it was brobdingnagian and tiresome. A tax write down is probably the most intelligent way to recoup the costs. It may not seem like it from afar, but this is a good look on the new people in charge. I still feel sorry for the whole cast and crew for trying to put work into this production, and it sucks that no one will ever see it, but at least they all got paid.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The more I read about it, the more that I'm starting to understand why they cut it. The test screenings were terrible, and they probably saved themselves from another flop. YouTubers, websites, and people on forums (aka a lot of us) would lamabat on how terrible this film was for years until it was brobdingnagian and tiresome. I still feel sorry for the whole cast and crew for trying to put work into this production, and it sucks that no one will ever see it, but at least they all got paid.

They’re probably all better off from the stain this would have marked on their careers. They got paid, thy got the publicity, an no backlash.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The last 2-3 Fast & Furious movies hit a billion.
A good "Black" Rocky film series is halfway done.
BP 2 with mexicans is about surpasse its billion predecessor.

And these cacs still saying melanin don't sell. They'd rather burn 10s of millions than to see us shine. The yakubian nature is something else :wow:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The more I read about it, the more that I'm starting to understand why they cut it. The test screenings were terrible, and they probably saved themselves from another flop. YouTubers, websites, and people on forums (aka a lot of us) would lambast on how terrible this film was for years until it was brobdingnagian and tiresome. A tax write down is probably the most intelligent way to recoup the costs. It may not seem like it from afar, but this is a good look on the new people in charge. I still feel sorry for the whole cast and crew for trying to put work into this production, and it sucks that no one will ever see it, but at least they all got paid.
Come on man. With everything they cancelled nothing else got chopped up to quality except this?

This is just PR cause they knew they would catch flack for cancelling a female led action flick POC. So they needed the cover that it’s terrible.

Even the bad reviews I saw praised two of the three main leads. That’s not going to make a terrible movie.

DC hasn’t put out truly terrible Green Lantern flop except the ones they messed with like JL and Suicide Squad.

They been mid at worst.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
She has bad luck career wise. In the Heights was a box office flop (hbomax simultaneous release killed it)

This got scrapped and shelved indefinitely for a tax write down/off (hbomax exclusive)

Flop singing career

Her brightest moment so far is that bacardi 51 commercial where she is singing the Gloria Estefan song (so she definitely won't get paid for that)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
She has bad luck career wise. In the Heights was a box office flop (hbomax simultaneous release killed it)

This got scrapped and shelved indefinitely for a tax write down/off (hbomax exclusive)

Flop singing career

Her brightest moment so far is that bacardi 51 commercial where she is singing the Gloria Estefan song (so she definitely won't get paid for that)

Maybe she’ll get a part in the new fast n furious

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Come on man. With everything they cancelled nothing else got chopped up to quality except this?

What else got canceled thus far? This movie, a Scooby Doo movie, and a live action movie that was in development based on the Wonder Twins (:russ:). I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the Flash movies in the bushes in the near future too. Something must have been awful about Batgirl to the point where all of the new executives looked at each other and were like, "This could hurt the DC brand beyond repair, and we can't allow that to happen anymore." The meme for like the last five years has been that DC has largely been garbage. The fact that’s not true hasn’t stopped it from being the meme. DC as a property has produced some of the best story telling in media. Not just in comics but all media. I know terrible to subpar movies were released under old management, but I just appreciate they are protecting and making the brand with more thoughtfulness. Hopefully.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Idk it's the final one and they've got enough Latinas :mjpls:

They need another one for Michelle Rodrigues to fight

What else got canceled thus far? This movie, a Scooby Doo movie, and a live action movie that was in development based on the Wonder Twins (:russ:). I wouldn't be surprised if they threw the Flash movies in the bushes in the near future too. Something must have been awful about Batgirl to the point where all of the new executives looked at each other and were like, "This could hurt the DC brand beyond repair, and we can't allow that to happen anymore." The meme for like the last five years has been that DC has largely been garbage. The fact that’s not true hasn’t stopped it from being the meme. DC as a property has produced some of the best story telling in media. Not just in comics but all media. I know terrible to subpar movies were released under old management, but I just appreciate they are protecting and making the brand with more thoughtfulness. Hopefully.

They need to throw Titans in the bushes also