Batgirl got claimed on Warner Bros Discovery's taxes.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Watching this L in real time. :wow:

they saved themselves from an expensive marketing budget for an obvious flop

Sorry, an untested d-lister isn't the right move and saved us from disgracing Keaton's legacy.

Black Widow was built up for 12 years and her film was meh, but expect the Box Office to make 400 milly on Leslie Grace???

:russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sorry, an untested d-lister isn't the right move and saved us from disgracing Keaton's legacy.

Black Widow was built up for 12 years and her film was meh, but expect the Box Office to make 400 milly on Leslie Grace???

:russ:

When i first heard about this i mixed it up with the CW batgirl show and it made more sense to me before.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I'm sure the Flash is next. Zaslov is cleaning house.
They can’t. It’s under contract for some kind of theatrical release unless they want to get sued like Disney was by Scarlet for Black Widow or pay for money to producers to renegotiate contracts.

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Yet another in a long list of examples of DC screwing up it's characters in live action. The blueprint is so (relatively) simple:

Put a creative, not a suit, in charge who respects the characters and stories. Build everything from there. Why they make it so hard, I'll never understand. I'm 100% sure I would do a better job at running DC films, only because I'd immediately get on the phone to Dini, Timm and Feige and beg for help (Feige because I know he's a geek at the end of the day, and despite the Marvel/DC rivarly, I believe he really would want to watch good DC films) then delegate out duties to those with experience while overseeing the stories.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
casuals dont care about those side characters in batman. doubt even robin could do a solo film thats successful . you have to build them up around batman.
They could care. It’s just the executive level always hamstring them with restrictions to protect Batman proper.

Then let animated stuff go wild and people act bewildered that the live action couldn’t do the same.