Batgirl got claimed on Warner Bros Discovery's taxes.

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
Damn, that's crazy.

DC needs to stop making live-action movies for 2 years. Look at the DCAU and follow that formula as much as you can in live-action.
Been saying this for years. They truly need to go get pointers/help from the big guys. Because wtf man…

I keep defending this sht against my friends and I realize it’s pointless. They’re never going to get their shyt together.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Hours after deciding to pull the plug on Batgirl and the sequel to Scoob!, even though both films were deep in post-production, Warner Brothers has issued a statement saying the decision was strictly business-related. In the brief statement obtained by THR, a spokesperson for the studio said they'd like to work with the talent behind the films, despite cancelling feature films they had already worked with them on.

"The decision to not release Batgirl reflects our leadership's strategic shift as it relates to the DC universe and HBO Max," said a Warner Bros. spokesperson in a statement. "Leslie Grace is an incredibly talented actor and this decision is not a reflection of her performance. We are incredibly grateful to the filmmakers of Batgirl and Scoob! Holiday Haunt and their respective casts and we hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future."

Breakout Hollywood star Leslie Grace was set to appear as Barbara Gordon in the picture, which will now never see release — neither in theaters or on HBO Max.
Damn shame :francis:

Same guys behind Ms. Marvel too smh

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
Good :camby: maybe they can do Batman Beyond now

They shelved Batgirl, considering her a "lesser-known" character. They sure as hell aren't gonna do Batman Beyond. Old WB should've did Beyond as a stand alone movie with Keaton in his universe instead of Batgirl. Made more sense. Barbara Gordon should be in her 50s in Keaton's timeline, unless its Barbara's daughter taking up the Batgirl mantle.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been saying this for years. They truly need to go get pointers/help from the big guys. Because wtf man…

I keep defending this sht against my friends and I realize it’s pointless. They’re never going to get their shyt together.
If they’re not going to continue the already established Snyderverse and adhere to the fans’ cry of letting Henry continue as Superman, then they should hire Bruce Timm to oversee the live action properties in a Kevin Feige type role

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
DC just needs to start over...The Batman is a good starting point
Is it? The guy in charge has openly said he wants DC to be like the MCU. Both creatively and financially. You're not gonna achieve MCU numbers doing solo movies. The Batman couldn't even break 800m despite amazing reviews and 0 competition

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
From whats been rumoured, Zaslav wants DC to start over (TV and movie) but at the same time only wants to big event movies. Sounds like we going back to development hell of 15 years ago but I could be wrong, we'll see

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
“Batgirl” found itself on the bad end of that decision, apparently neither big enough to feel worthy of a major theatrical release nor small enough to make economic sense in an increasingly cutthroat streaming landscape. Spending the money to expand the scope of “Batgirl” for theaters — plus the $30 million to $50 million needed to market it domestically and the tens of millions more needed for a global rollout — could have nearly doubled spending on the film, and insiders say that was a non-starter at a company newly focused on belt-tightening and the bottom line."

Aka not good enough for the algorithm :francis: Determining your films on stock placement and reputation with talent won't be good down the road with these streamers brehs.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I just don't get the point of not even releasing it on Max, then again I'm not a hollywood tax evader err I mean accountant.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I just don't get the point of not even releasing it on Max, then again I'm not a hollywood tax evader err I mean accountant.
In addition to that, discovery is a cable company first, just throwing on hbo max f with that.

It would have been nice if Warner brothers was in the same position as Paramount or Disney where they told cable to go f itself

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

They made a film they didn't want to promote. We'll see if they use the negative press as free press though.