Barksdale Organization vs Stansfield Organization

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something else I forgot that was :shaq2:

The whole Prop Joe shyt....where he revealed his whole operation, money laundering and "connect" to Marlo. This is another case of them bending all kinds of reality and logic to make Marlo come out on top. Nobody in their right mind, especially someone as crafty as Joe, would reveal any of that shyt to an outsider, especially one as power-hungry as Marlo. It was :snoop:

Fred.

Exactly marlo seemed to have limited people and Would kill indiscriminately :mindblown:The co-op would of killed him he wasn't really clever or anything that was more Chris and prop joe putting him on game . In real life he would be handled cause he's fukking up the money Not to mention they got more guns then him

Daps
Something else I forgot that was :shaq2:

The whole Prop Joe shyt....where he revealed his whole operation, money laundering and "connect" to Marlo. This is another case of them bending all kinds of reality and logic to make Marlo come out on top. Nobody in their right mind, especially someone as crafty as Joe, would reveal any of that shyt to an outsider, especially one as power-hungry as Marlo. It was :snoop:

Fred.

He thought he was mentoring the young bull :yeshrug:

Both Joe and String became victims of their experience. They had been in the game so long they could no longer see need for all the "bullshyt" in the game.....they had forgot that that bullshyt was actually necessary. ("Does the Chair know we gon' look like some punk ass bytches?" - one of my favorite lines from this series)

String was on this incorporation shyt, which would've been great, cuz by using the models perfected in legit business for years, the collective would maximize profits. However, he neglected the fact that it's the courts and government and public that keep those companies in line so they don't demolish each other....the streets don't have those rules. So while the Co-Op made more as a whole, it stunted an individual from from maximizing his profits. Plus (and this is how you really know String was out of his mind) it created a single HUGE target for a rival crew or stick up kid....String created an Orloff diamond in a world of sociopaths.

Joe, after buying into String's dream, was left stuck between a rock and a hard place. They couldn't NOT have Marlo in the Co-op, cuz with their far superior product they were gonna have issues on the streets. Joe thought he could mentor Marlo, when they shoulda pooled muscle to eradicate Marlo....but by that time, they had been emasculated by the nature of the Co-op. Battling had become an unnecessary chore...

PrnzHakeem

FKA LilNukka
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Haven
Exactly marlo seemed to have limited people and Would kill indiscriminately :mindblown:The co-op would of killed him he wasn't really clever or anything that was more Chris and prop joe putting him on game . In real life he would be handled cause he's fukking up the money Not to mention they got more guns then him

I dont know, the Co-Op was scared of the Stansfield crew. Yall don't remember the Eastsiders needing Chris & Snoop to push back all them NY niccaz off the corners. Isnt that what got Marlo in the co-op?

Yall forget Snoop askin that dude what's on the radio or some shyt and about to kill him cuz she aint never heard that b-more club song?

Marlo had all the muscle in baltimore, hence why he was able to make everyone bow down.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
One of the better debates on here, props to ya'll.

The one thing I always had trouble wrapping my head around in the Wire was just the shear fact that no one stepped to Chris/Snoop. I mean peeps must have known it was really just the 3 of them at the time, and Marlo was just laying in the cut anyway. I figured 5 random B-More nikkas would have (at the very least) attempted to take them out early in their takeover. Feel free to school me on this.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't Marlo make sure all of his lieutenants were marksmen?

Snoop: fukk DEM WESTCOAST nikkaS, CUS IN BMORE WE AIM AND HIT A nikka, YA HEARD?!

:to:

Weebay crosses out Monk. Snoop and Chris out match and take out Sorvino and Bird. Weebay by himself and gets got.

:snoop:

220px-Paul_Sorvino.jpg

:heh:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Barksdales all day. Marlo was a clown....he wasn't even smart enough to have shyt he copped in someone else's name, Stringer had to tell him about that.

He was just dumb, and lucky. Not only did he benefit from the towers falling and Avon going to jail, he also benefited from the PD being in fukking shambles. He had what's called "plot armor".....if the Baltimore PD was going at him like they were going at Avon and co. earlier in the series, his reign would've lasted a couple months.

Lastly that whole co-op shyt was :childplease:. It some another case of "plot armor"....he comes into a room, disses 10-15 OGs, and they just sit there like :merchant:? They don't have their own shooters? People were acting like Chris and Snoop are Terminators or some shyt.

I dunno, I got the vibe that Barksdales operated well because they were more organized, and better written....I got the vibe that Marlo and crew had the writers bending over backwards to cater to them succeeding. Some of that shyt was :comeon:

Fred.
Yeah the writing was a bit sloppy in the last seasons. Omar had almost as much 'plot armor' as Marlo. I hated the way he got the drop on Slim Charles like that, on his front door no less.:snoop:
You telling me a veteran like Charles isn't going to be on alert knowing damn well Butchie's death is going to bring Omar back?
I love Omar but the way he operated throughout the 5 seasons was unrealistic and required a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
marlo's crew via no fukks given + instilling fear in everyone in b-more. even the cops thought the dude was crazy.

sure, marlo had some breaks go his way but you've got to have some luck if you're gonna stay in the game and climb to the top like that.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont know, the Co-Op was scared of the Stansfield crew. Yall don't remember the Eastsiders needing Chris & Snoop to push back all them NY niccaz off the corners. Isnt that what got Marlo in the co-op?

Yall forget Snoop askin that dude what's on the radio or some shyt and about to kill him cuz she aint never heard that b-more club song?

Marlo had all the muscle in baltimore, hence why he was able to make everyone bow down.
No way Marlo had all the muscle he was just the most ruthless . Joe wanted to bring him in thinking he could civilize him

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
marlo's crew via no fukks given + instilling fear in everyone in b-more. even the cops thought the dude was crazy.

sure, marlo had some breaks go his way but you've got to have some luck if you're gonna stay in the game and climb to the top like that.

The cops were ignoring him for a lot of time since they had no bodies . And all that other shyt happened due to the barksdales going down

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He thought he was mentoring the young bull :yeshrug:

Both Joe and String became victims of their experience. They had been in the game so long they could no longer see need for all the "bullshyt" in the game.....they had forgot that that bullshyt was actually necessary. ("Does the Chair know we gon' look like some punk ass bytches?" - one of my favorite lines from this series)

String was on this incorporation shyt, which would've been great, cuz by using the models perfected in legit business for years, the collective would maximize profits. However, he neglected the fact that it's the courts and government and public that keep those companies in line so they don't demolish each other....the streets don't have those rules. So while the Co-Op made more as a whole, it stunted an individual from from maximizing his profits. Plus (and this is how you really know String was out of his mind) it created a single HUGE target for a rival crew or stick up kid....String created an Orloff diamond in a world of sociopaths.

Joe, after buying into String's dream, was left stuck between a rock and a hard place. They couldn't NOT have Marlo in the Co-op, cuz with their far superior product they were gonna have issues on the streets. Joe thought he could mentor Marlo, when they shoulda pooled muscle to eradicate Marlo....but by that time, they had been emasculated by the nature of the Co-op. Battling had become an unnecessary chore...

So victory defeated them :troll:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Are you serious? You actually think this?

hell nah. u think he had the nuts to say that to chris n snoop? if anything he was just kissin ass

"The Wire" on HBO: Play Or Get Played | 3rd Exclusive Q&A With David Simon page 9

Last paragraph:

David Simon:
Snoop's sister may or may not be in Namond's class. The reason that Namond uttered that line about her sister being in class, using Snoop's name, as well as the previous line of "Sure, Chris, we'll bump" was to affirm to the gangsters that they were known to all the boys, thereby discouraging them from doing anything to Michael. In leaving Michael, Namond was calling out Chris and Snoop and saying: "If something bad happens to Mike, we know you." It's for that reason that Michael, on rejoining Namond later, thanks him: "Good looking out."