Barksdale Organization vs Stansfield Organization

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
The Barksdales at their peak. Like someone else said in the latter part of S3 Avon and Charles had shaped up and were pushing Marlo back. They would have gotten Marlo had the police not interferred.

I'd say Chris was the best muscle out of both teams(maybe Wee Bey and Slim were his equals) but still, he wasn't Superman. He could get it just like anyone else.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Randy was shook.

"Cmon Snoop, your sister's in my class."

You mean Namond?

Namond was also trying to imply "I know where yo sister be if you do something to Mike"

On the topic:

Avon at his peak would win. While Marlo might have been more ruthless, Avon & crew were smarter overall. Avon also had deeper pockets if shyt was to get desperate.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as I hate Marlo's crew and wish that Slim had just made the call to kill Marlo, Chris and Vinson in the rim shop, they were more organized than Avon's team. Chris had them nikkas shooting with military precision.

Marlo was not . He ruled by fear people would flip on Marlo quick to be down With Avon . The coop would have marlo in a vacant . By the way can someone refresh me on where Marlo and them came from in season 3. How'd he even have the ability to challenge barksdales . I don't remember

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean Namond?

Namond was also trying to imply "I know where yo sister be if you do something to Mike"

On the topic:

Avon at his peak would win. While Marlo might have been more ruthless, Avon & crew were smarter overall. Avon also had deeper pockets if shyt was to get desperate.

Exactly . Stringer and Avon took themselves out really , Marlo was going to be another casualty .
With Marlo back on the street with no Chris people gonna get him at some point

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Marlo was not . He ruled by fear people would flip on Marlo quick to be down With Avon . The coop would have marlo in a vacant . By the way can someone refresh me on where Marlo and them came from in season 3. How'd he even have the ability to challenge barksdales . I don't remember
He came out of nowhere. When Stringer started getting his supply of Prop Joe's good dope he started to put into action his plan of "everyone making money sharing the real estate". This was also rushed by the fact that the main Barksdale territory, the "towers" got torn down. So Stringer sent his people to approach every crew and offer his superior dope in exchange for sharing the real estate. Marlo was one of those guys Stringer's people approached, and he had the best corners in West Baltimore. Marlo refused Stringer's offer. Then Avon came home and he was on some "I don't buy corners, I take corners" steez, so the war started.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

You remember in season 2 most the Barksdale muscle was locked up. Avon sent Mouzone to help with muscle and we know how that turned out. After Stringer started sharing the package with Joe, he started whole saleing to corner crews instead of trying hold down actual corners themselves.

Basically under String, the Barksdales got fat & lazy because they wasn't really in no types of beefs and wasn't really tripping on building up their muscle like that. The young boy Marlo had a lil crew and was the only one that stood his ground. He was holding down a number of westside corners while Stringer was asleep at the wheel thinking it didn't matter anyway.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
He came out of nowhere. When Stringer started getting his supply of Prop Joe's good dope he started to put into action his plan of "everyone making money sharing the real estate". This was also rushed by the fact that the main Barksdale territory, the "towers" got torn down. So Stringer sent his people to approach every crew and offer his superior dope in exchange for sharing the real estate. Marlo was one of those guys Stringer's people approached, and he had the best corners in West Baltimore. Marlo refused Stringer's offer. Then Avon came home and he was on some "I don't buy corners, I take corners" steez, so the war started.

Your answer is much better I forgot about the towers:ohlawd:

Barksdales never relied on a heavy corner presence in the 1st place because they had a monopoly at the towers. When the towers came down in the 1st episode, other drug crews were already established on the corners.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs

Is that why savino joined marlos crew :stopitslime:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
What you talking about? Marlo was the only Westside player at the time. Has nothing to do with the point.

Because yall nikkas are biased. Acting like avons crew was perfect or some shyt.

Marlo and them nikkas woulda bodied them. nikkas like to talk about marlo getting "luccy" but forget to mention that all it too was for Chris to move the shotgun slightly and avons head wouldve been blown off.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Because yall nikkas are biased. Acting like avons crew was perfect or some shyt.

Marlo and them nikkas woulda bodied them. nikkas like to talk about marlo getting "luccy" but forget to mention that all it too was for Chris to move the shotgun slightly and avons head wouldve been blown off.

A weak Avon had turned the tide in the war and had Marlo in his sights to finish him off. Why wouldn't we assume that Avon at his peak would win?